We all love our Keurigs, right?
But the only issue is that most Keurig coffees are quite mild, and some of us are looking for the strongest K-cup coffee that we can find.
It needs to be intense and it needs to be loaded with caffeine!
So which K-cup is the strongest? We did some research and testing and found 5 K-cups which are sure to dose you up with a boost of caffeine and rich coffee flavor.
Please note though that strong is subjective – more intense flavor will mean less caffeine – since a darker roast ends up burning off some of the caffeine in the beans, and a lighter roast and subsequently milder flavor means more caffeine(only by volume).
To get the most out of the pods we’ve listed below, remember to brew them with the “small cup” option on your Keurig(since that’s about the only thing you can customize).
That way, you’ll get the most concentrated coffee possible out of a Keurig.
Strongest K-Cup Coffees
1) Turbo Caffeine by Coffee People
I thought we’d start with a coffee pod made by Keurig Green Mountain themselves, the Turbo Caffeine by Coffee People.
This is a dark, rich-bodied roast that just bursts with flavor. The Turbo Caffeine is the successor to the earlier offering by Coffee People which they called Jet Fuel.
I think you can gather from the way they choose to name their coffees how intense they are! Now this is a dark roast and has a very rich but not bitter flavor. I am not sure how they’re getting the extra caffeine in there, since darker roasts tend to have less caffeine, but it is an immediate pick-me-up for the mornings.
So it’s got to be doing something right!
These organic pods will work in both Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 machines.
If you’re a fan of dark roasts but still want some really strong coffee, I highly suggest you give the Turbo Caffeine a shot.
- This full-bodied XX bold coffee packs a punch
- Compatible with Keurig 2.0 brewers
- A new flavor by coffee people, one of America's favorite brands
- Extra bold and dark roast
- Easy to use, no mess K-cups
2) Death Wish Coffee K-Cups
Death Wish Coffee is probably the most well known brand that makes hyper strong and intense coffees. Even if you were not aware of Death Wish Coffee’s reputation beforehand, I’m sure that you could have taken a good guess just by looking at the name!
These pods are INTENSE.
I N T E N S E.
They contain about 4 times as much caffeine as your typical coffee pod. Four times!
That means you can drink 4 cups of regular coffee or just 1 cup of Death Wish Coffee(Keurig or otherwise) and get the same amount of caffeine. Just be careful not to drink too much Death Wish, though!
The pods listed in this post are their normal flavor and it is really popular amongst their fans and anyone looking for some really intense coffee.
Seriously, though, the only advice I can repeat here is to drink these with care. DO NOT have more than one per day, since one cup is equal to four cups of coffee in terms of caffeine.
- Get the best value available with this recyclable Single Serve 2 Pack. Compatible with Keurig 2.0 Brewers
- Our coffee beans are specifically selected and expertly roasted to provide ultra-strong coffee that tastes bold and smooth
- Drink your coffee with pride knowing that our beans are Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic
- Brew a cup at work or at home and taste the difference. You won't ever want "store-bought" coffee again
- TRY IT RISK-FREE: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and judge for yourself. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked
3) Good Times Coffee Company Napalm K Cups
Made from Arabica beans in the United States and roasted in small batches to help preserve the most freshness and flavor, Good Times Coffee Company’s Napalm K Cups are intense and strong.
The Napalm is a dark roast which has a smooth and rich flavor. One huge problem with pod machines is that their brews tend to get bitter very easily. The Napalm dark roast is very smooth and chocolately and even if you brewed it on the smallest cup size setting it still won’t come out bitter.
These pods are advertised to be twice as strong as other K cups on the market. They’re an excellent pick me up for drowsy mornings and you’ll find that you’re jolted awake as soon as you take the first few sips.
They’re also compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 machines.
As far as doubly or exponentially intense caffeine is considered the Napalm is right up there with Death Wish – and it costs less, too.
- YOU'LL LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM COFFEE IN THE MORNING!
- 100% Arabica Coffee - Our Premium beans are carefully hand-selected and perfectly roasted, ensuring you a consistently dark, full-bodied mugful of caffeinated goodness.
- Extra Dark. Extra Bold. Extra Strong. As you lay there face down in a puddle of mud it will pick you up, dust you off and send you on your way.
- Small-batch roasted in the USA. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Compatible with ALL Keurig Brewers, including Keurig 2.0.
4) REVV Afterburner K Cups
When you think of the word revv, you’ll imagine a racecar getting ready to speed down a track to first place. That’s what REVV coffee will do to your mornings!
The REVV coffee K Cups contain some of the most caffeine per pod on the market, plus it’s a dark roast so it has very intense and rich flavor.
Afterburner is just one of REVVs three varieties: the other 2 available are NO SURRENDER and TURBOCHARGER.
Most dark roasts generally leave a weird aftertaste in your mouth after you drink them but the REVV coffees leave a smooth and pleasant taste. Between the Afterburner and the Turbocharger, the Afterburner is ever so slightly more intense. I don’t think you’ll notice the difference unless you are a coffee sommeliere, so my advice here is to try both!
These k cups are inexpensive compared to the other brands we’ve listed here and they’re a super alternative to the first coffee on our list, the Coffee People Turbo Caffeine.
- Strong. Smoky. Rich.
- Dark roast, caffeinated coffee
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- Made with premium coffee beans
- Compatible with Keurig K-Cup pod single-serve coffee makers
5) Wild Jo Organic Extra Strong K Cups
Unlike the other coffee pods we’ve listed here, the Wild Jo Organic cups contain less caffeine but are still very rich and flavorful with notes of cocoa. If you want something strong and lower on the caffeine scale, the Wild Jo coffees are a super choice.
Even though dark coffees are super intense and maybe too intense for some people you could also drink Wild Jo coffee black and still enjoy it.
Wild Jo is very environmentally friendly, as the K Cup pods are biodegradable. Normally biodegradable and eco friendly materials cost a little more than everyday goods but the Wild Jo is also on the lower end of the pricing scale.
This is because there is less plastic in the K cup altogether. The sides of the pod are a mesh material that lets the coffee percolate from all sides instead of just through a single hole in the plastic container.
Wild Jo uses arabica beans and each preparation is artisan roasted by hand.
How to make a strong cup of coffee with Keurig
Now that we’ve listed our favorite strong K cups, let’s dive a little into how you can make a really strong coffee with Keurig. Since Keurig machines are so automated, it’s really difficult to control the usual factors that influence the strength of coffee:
- grind size
- brewing time
- water temperature
To make a really strong cup of coffee with a Keurig, you need to be a little imaginative.
Option 1: Use your own grounds in reusable K Cups
Since you don’t have any control over the size of the grind and the kind of roast, one way to make really strong coffee is just to use reusable K cups and fill them up with whatever kind of coffee you want. To get the most flavor out of every extraction, remember to use a really fine grind.
Coarse grinds don’t allow as much contact with water as fine grinds do, so the finer the grind, the more coffee flavor is extracted.
- Featured on NBC NY! VAST KEURIG MODEL COMPATIBILITY: Whether you're the proud owner of a first generation, Keurig 1.0 or have one of the latest Keurig 2.0 machines, our reusable K-Cups are made to work with ANY Keurig brewer, new or old! So even if you have two Keurigs at home, or a different machine at work, our reusable cups will help you enjoy your favorite brews, anywhere you might be! Cups fit anyway you insert it unlike other designs! and No Need to swap Out Keurig Filter Holder
- FINEST QUALITY REUSABLE K CUPS ON THE MARKET: Our cups are made in an ISO 90001 Certified Factory, using the best quality, 100% BPA Free plastic, which is also 100% Dishwasher Safe! Featuring a tight seal, the DéliBrü Reusable K-Cups ensure no leaks or messes, while they ensure even water dispersion, helping produce the best brews you ever had!
- Refillable K-Cup - FLAWLESS DESIGN, ZERO HACKS!: Forget video tutorials, online tips and using inferior reusable cups that require several brewer modifications prior to use! DéliBrü's superior Reusable KCups are a perfect match for your Keurig, providing you with a hassle-free, convenient, fill-and-brew experience!
- MORE DOLLARS IN YOUR POCKET, LESS WASTE: Use every one of your favorite blends up to their last scoop and stop buying disposable K-Cups made out of paper or lower quality plastic! Our K-Cups will help you minimize ALL Keurig brewing accessories expenditures, allowing you to get MORE out of your blend purchases and your Keurig brewer, all the while helping you remain environmentally conscious, too!. Unlike competition our ridge-less design on the inside makes cleanup a breeze
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: Not happy? So are we! In the unlikely event our K-Cups fail to meet or exceed your expectations, you are free to return them within the first 60 Days and receive a FULL refund of your purchases, no questions asked! The Best Reusable K Cups On Amazon - Purchase Now!! Ours is the highest rated reusable pods on Amazon. also known as Delibrew
Option 2: Brew twice
If you feel the regular Keurig brew is watery and not at all flavorful, consider using two pods to brew a single cup of coffee. Once your coffee has brewed, just pour it back into the reservoir and brew it again with a fresh pod.
This will guarantee extra strong coffee, but there are a few drawbacks:
- Each cup of coffee will cost double the money
- You can only fill enough water in the tank for one cup, making the larger tank useless
- You may end up getting coffee residue in the tank and pipes, so you’ll have to clean the Keurig more often
Option 3: Adjust the temperature on your Keurig 2.0
If you have a Keurig 2.0, you can customize the temperature of the brew. You won’t be able to get it to exactly 205 degrees F, which is the ideal brewing temperature, but you’ll certainly be able to get very close to that and while it’s not ideal, it is a good alternative.
Option 4: Pre-heat your Keurig
Run a cycle of just water though your Keurig to get the tank nice and hot. Once you brew with just water, pop in a pod and brew again. The water will already be nice and hot and you’ll get a slightly stronger brew.
Option 5: Brew less coffee
For super strong cups of Keurig coffee, we certainly advocate only brewing 6 ounces instead of 8 or10, since more water means more diluted coffee.
For even more intense coffee, you can remove your coffee mug before the last few drops of coffee are dispensed. Most of the brewing is completed in the first few ounces of coffee, and those are the most intense.
The remaining ounces are more diluted so by removing the mug from the brewer before ounces 5 and 6 are dispensed(for example) will give you a stronger brew in your hand.
Of course, this means wasting 2 ounces of coffee and having to clean your drip tray more often.
Option 6: Use the strongest possible pods
The whole point of a Keurig coffee maker is convenience. You just have to pop a pod in the machine, press a button, and you have coffee – no roasting, grinding, or fiddling with settings.
So if you want strong coffee but don’t want to sacrifice convenience, use one of the cups we’ve suggested above.
Keurig Coffee Too Strong: what to do
If you feel your Keurig coffee is too strong, then you have a few things that you can try to improve the flavor:
1) Brew the largest possible cup
You have the choice of cup size when you brew with a Keurig coffee machine. If you feel your regular cup size is too strong for you, just brew a bigger cup. So 10 ounces instead of your regular 6 ounces or 8 ounces, for example.
What this does is uses more water to extract flavor out of the same amount of grounds in the K Cup, so you’ll get a milder, more watery coffee.
2) Use lighter roasts
If 12 ounces of coffee seems like too much to drink, you can also try using lighter roasts, which have less intense flavor. I would still suggest playing around with the cup size to see which one produces a flavor that suits you the best.
- New look, same great taste
- Bright, crisp blend with balanced sweetness, nutty flavor, and a clean, silky mouthfeel.
- Light roast, caffeinated coffee
- Each K-Cup pod is made with 100% Arabica ground coffee and no artificial ingredients
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- Tasting Notes: Bright & tangy.
- Product Details: This is a Light Roast Coffee that is 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified and Kosher(U)
- Count Size: Contains six cartons, each with 12 K-Cup packs, totaling 72 K-Cup packs
- Keurig Quality: If it doesn't have the Keurig logo, it's not Keurig quality. In order for your Keurig brewer to give you the best beverage possible, be sure to use only Keurig K-Cup packs
- The Keurig Difference: Whether your morning joe gives you grounds for celebration or mocha makes you over the moon, your Keurig brewer is able to brew over 250 varieties of coffee, tea and hot cocoa, plus seasonal and café style beverages
- Light roast coffee with crisp and clean flavor
- 80 single-serving pods compatible with Keurig brewing machines
- Made from 100% Arabica coffee
- Roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
Last update on 2019-07-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API