The Starbucks Verismo is one of the most popular coffee pod machines today. If you like your Starbucks, but are not willing to head out for your daily fix every single day, then you simply need a Starbucks Verismo in your home. If you know little about this particular model and want to find out if this is the right choice for you, be sure to check out our online review.
There are many things that stand out about the Verismo coffee machine, but the most prominent thing is its design. Despite being released as early as 2013, the design remains among some of the best today.
The Verismo coffee maker is approximately 12 inches tall, 6 inches wide, and 15 inches deep. It also weighs a good 7 pounds, which should give you an indicator about the quality of the Starbucks Verismo.
When you choose the Starbucks Verismo, you can make your Starbucks coffee a little easier thanks to the side-mounted water tank. The previous models available from the store had the water tank on the back, which left a little to be desired. With the water tank on the back, the Verismo makes it a lot easier to fill and refill the tank when needed.
Good Brewing Features
There is no much difference between the Starbucks Verismo and some of the previous models in terms of brewing functionality. Of course, there is good reason for that, because the brewing methods from past models were pretty perfect to begin with.
When you want to make a Starbucks espresso with the Verismo, you simply take one of the pods, lift the handle on the product, and then put the espresso pod into the dedicated slot. Next, hit the espresso button to get a finished espresso shot in a whopping 13 seconds.
As you may know already, pod brews will never truly compare to fresh coffee, no matter how good the coffee product or the machine you are using. This is the case for espresso as well as other drinks that are offered by Starbucks. However, the Verismo scores better than most, as you will find that your coffee contains some crema and a more balanced flavor compared to other home coffee and espresso makers.
To put things into perspective, the equipment used in a Starbucks store costs thousands of dollars and includes a premium filter, lever, and pressure lever. It is not viable to bring such a system to the average consumer, as the cost would be too high for home use.
So, you will find that there is some difference in richness and color when you compare your pod coffee with the actual Starbucks coffee. That being said, you will get much closer with the Verismo than any other home coffee maker out there.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
While you may not get a total match with the new Verismo, it does have an interesting additional feature in the form of the milk frother. Some manufacturers still try to mimic frothy milk through their pods, which provides a product that leaves much to be desired. So, the new milk frother that comes with the Verismo delivers a much better result.
How much is a Starbucks coffee maker?
The average price of the Verismo lies between $120 and $200 for the basic versions. However, you will find other models online that can have a price up to $500. It all depends on how advanced you want your Verismo to be. Evidently, there are also other coffee machine options from Starbucks, each with their own dedicated price.
If price is a concern to you, it is always a good idea to look at the other options available and check which features lean in best with your personal requirements inside the home.
- The Starbucks Verismo brewer system makes it EASY TO CRAFT AN ENDLESS VARIETY OF YOUR FAVORITE STARBUCKS BEVERAGES with the touch of a button, from high-quality brewed coffee to authentic espresso beverages
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE VERISMO SYSTEM BY STARBUCKS. Not compatible with other single serve brewing platforms
- ESPRESSO DARK ROAST IS AN INTENSE, CARAMELLY SWEET COFFEE BLEND that goes perfectly with steamed milk
- VERISMO PODS ARE MADE WITH HIGH-QUALITY ARABICA COFFEE BEANS that are roasted, ground and packaged fresh
- PACKAGE INCLUDES SIX BOXES OF 12 STARBUCKS ESPRESSO DARK ROAST single serve Verismo Pods
- REPLACES UP TO 3 COFFEE MAKERS: Your old filter coffee machine you need for large mugs or coffeepots? Your old pod machine you switch on when you are in a hurry? Your old pod or capsule machine only in use for espresso? Let all 3 of them retire and replace them with one Twins II capsule machine, your new multi-talented multi-beverage solution.
- ENJOYMENT COMES IN CUPS OF ALL SIZES : The Twins II from K-fee is a coffee & espresso maker for all occasions: A really large cup of coffee or tea in the morning? An espresso or cappuccino in the afternoon or after dinner? The Twins II makes it all possible with an enlarged water tank of fantastic 78 oz so that fans of large cups need to top off water a lot less frequently.
- GREAT CUP, GREAT TASTE: As soon as the special K-fee pods have been filled, they are sealed to ensure the freshest aroma. This is especially important because only freshly ground coffee yields a full aroma. With K-fee pods, every cup will be as flavorful as if it were fresh from the roasting house!
- EXCITING DESIGN: In many coffee machines and pod machines the water tank is hidden. Not with the TWINS series from K-fee. Here, the water tank is a beautiful design element integrated into the functionality of the machine. With it's accessibility on the side, the water tank is easily removable for refilling.
- STARBUCKS VERISMO* COMPATIBLE: Although made for the K-fee your system coffee machines, every Mr. and Mrs. Mill single serve coffee pods are 100% compatible in all Starbucks Verismo* machines as well.
What coffee machine is used in Starbucks?
Starbucks uses various equipment in their stores, so there are various coffee machines Starbucks implements on a daily basis. One of them is an automatic espresso machine that is made by Swiss company Thermoplan. In addition to that, they use the Clover coffee maker, estimated at a whopping $11,000 a piece and the manual Chemex.
Of course, Starbucks also uses the Verismo and this option is available for sale in various stores. However, this option does not use any fresh coffee beans, but the characteristic pods.
Is Starbucks discontinuing Verismo pods?
Starbucks has stopped manufacturing the Verismo. However, you can still enjoy Starbucks coffee and purchase the available coffee machines that are left. The brand still provides the pods and is not discontinuing them; this includes pods for espresso, brewed coffee, and latte.
Where Do I Get The Verismo Coffee Pods?
There are some new flavors to take advantage of and you can easily find the pods on the Starbucks website. If you want to make your favorite hot beverage with this machine, then let us provide you with some of the available options.
Both new and older coffee pods for the Verismo are made with arabica coffee beans, which are known for their high quality. Before it is placed into the pod, they are roasted, ground, and packaged according to the Starbucks standards.
When you have an older Verismo model, it is no problem to use the new pods. For example, the Verismo 580, 583 and 600 are still compatible will newer pods. However, it is important to take into account that using the newer pods will provide a stronger cup of coffee than originally meant, as they were designed for the newer model of Verismo.
Interestingly, you can get much more than the Verismo pods on the Starbucks website. You can also order their coffee grounds and whole beans. In other words, if you do not have the Verismo but would like to make a Starbucks coffee with another piece of equipment or filter, you can order the coffee beans or the grounds instead.
In other words, you are not obligated to purchase one of their coffee machines to make a beverage that is close to your favorite Starbucks drink.
Choosing a coffee
To determine your favorite blend, it is a good idea to use the roast spectrum tool that is available on the Starbucks website. With this tool, you can filter down the available options. You get to choose between blonde roast, medium roast and dark roast, as most people have a preference that lies within this spectrum.
Based on your selection, you will get an overview of all products that fall either under blonde, medium and dark. So, if you tend to stick to a specific roast, this will help to narrow down the options a lot and takes you to the relevant product page instantly. In other words, you can find and make your favorite Starbucks beverage in minimal time.
There are also reviews from international customers, so the spectrum of information that can be obtained here is really interesting and widespread!
When you are unsure about the flavors you want to try in the Verismo, you can also check out the review page on the Starbucks website. The review page gives you a complete overview of coffee evaluations done by consumers.
Based on the ratings, you can make a more informed decision and try some of the highest-rated flavors first. Of course, everyone has his or her own preferences, so reading the reviews can also help you to determine the main characteristics of certain pods. Some consumers prefer sweeter blends, while others like it a bit more bitter.
Finally, you do not have to purchase your pods on the website either, because they are available from various retailers too; this includes Amazon, Walmart and even Bed Bath & Beyond.
Should I Choose The Verismo Over Other Options?
We suggest choosing the Verismo if you love everything about Starbucks and regularly pay a visit to their store for your daily fix of coffee. While the beverages are not exactly the same as the beverages they sell in their store, it can certainly provide you with your Starbucks fix. In conclusion, it is a great option if you want to make some comparable Starbucks beverages with more speed.
Last update on 2020-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API