Keurig coffee makers are a great way to brew a quick, easy cup of coffee in the morning. Even if it’s not a perfect, handcrafted cup that we’re normally used to, if you’re in a hurry, the Keurig will deliver hot coffee in a minute. The secret to almost handcrafting Keurig coffee is switching to reusable K-Cups so you can use your own coffee grounds.
So let’s have a look at the best reusable K-Cups there are!
7 best reusable K-cups – our favorites
1. Keurig 2.0 Reusable My K-Cup
This is the updated version of the first k-cup in our list, and this one is meant to work with Keurig 2.0 brewers. Interestingly Keurig designed a little attachment that fits on the base of these K-cups which you can remove or attach to make it compatible with your brewer.
With the attachment, it will work in classic series brewers.
Without it, it will work in plus series brewers.
If you choose to buy this K-cup, make sure the seller you’re getting from is either “Amazon.com” or “Keurig Direct”, otherwise you’re at risk for picking up a defective/knockoff product.
- Made with premium materials for high durability
- Removable lid for easy filling and cleaning
- Optimized for all K-Cup brew sizes (4oz. to 12oz. depending on your brewer model)
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- New Packaging
2. Keurig My K-Cup Universal Coffee Filter
The last original Keurig offering from our list is the My K-Cup universal coffee filter which works on all home brewers, whether they’re Keurig 1.0 or Keurig 2.0.
Like the 2.0 reusable My K-Cup, the universal filter also has a plus size attachment to use with those machines.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
Inside the filter, you’ll find two fill lines: one for a regular cup of coffee and one for a travel mug size(slightly larger) since you can take more coffee with you on the road.
The construction is sturdy and you should be able to use this filter for a long time. It is BPA free and easy to clean: just pop it in the top rack of your dishwasher and you’re good to go.
- The only Keurig approved reusable filter designed for use in all Keurig home coffee makers
- Make your own gourmet coffee
- Includes two fill lines; Optimized for cup & travel mug brew sizes
- Premium, durable construction
- Easy to use & easy to clean. BPA free
3. Best Reusable K-cup (Stainless Steel): iPartsPlusMore Reusable Keurig Filters
Most reusable K-cups are made from plastic, as it’s easier to handle once nearly-boiling water has passed through it, but the mesh material varies.
This K-cup filter, much like others, has a stainless steel fine mesh filter.
Additionally, the iPartsPlusMore filters are universally compatible with all Keurig home brewers(see below for a list). It’s dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and there’s no BPA so you don’t need to worry about any harmful chemicals.
- ⭐ COMPATIBLE WITH: Keurig 1.0, 2.0 (Older models sensors may not read the cups. Please return for prompt refund) Models: K200, K250, K300, K350, K360, K450, K460, K500, K550, K560, K15, K31, K40, K44, K45, K50, K60, K66, K70, K77, K80, K100, B31, B40, B44, B50, B60, B66, B70, B77, B100, B140, B200 As Well As: Keurig Elite, Select, Classic, Ultra, Special Edition, Ultimate, and Platinum. Breville K Cup, Mr. Coffee K Cup. Does not work with Keurig K400, Compact and Mini.
- ⭐ easy to use: our 4 pack Refillable K-Cups are hassle free and do not require swapping out the Keurig filter holder or tampering of any kind to fit seamlessly into every Keurig or any other brewer.
- ⭐ premium quality: these Keurig K-Cups are made from high quality materials, they are 100% BPA free with a food grade stainless steel mesh. Our kcup filter is 100% dishwasher safe. Unlike our competitors we offer a safe & easy way to make your own tea or coffee blend. Just slide it into the slot and follow the same steps you would with your prefilled K cup.
- ⭐ eco safe: Refillable K-Cups aren’t only excellent for you and your personal enjoyment, they are also extremely helpful to our planet. Help reduce your carbon footprint ♻ by re using your Refillable K-Cups all while enjoying your favorite Coffee ☕ brewed with the help of your Keurig machine.
- ⭐ Customer Support: We strive to provide unmatched customer service & support. We offer a no-questions asked 1-year policy along with Lifetime customer support for all purchases.
4. Best Reusable K-Cup with Paper Filter: DeliBru Keurig Paper Filters
Some of us are old school and prefer using good ol’ paper filters for coffee instead of the fancy stainless steel mesh. There are schools of thought in the coffee brewing world that feel that paper filtered coffee tastes the best. The Aeropress, for example, utilizes a paper filter.
So if you want to use your Keurig and you don’t want to give up paper filters, the DeliBru paper filter liners are great because they’ll fit in any reusable K-cup you have. You’re not necessarily locked into one ecosystem any more than you have to be(you are using a Keurig after all, so that’s one place you’re locked in).
There are a few advantages to using paper filters:
- Paper traps any sediments that may slip through stainless steel, so your coffee will be clearer
- Paper forces the water to flow more slowly, allowing for a stronger brew
- Paper makes clean-up easy – just toss the filter and you’re good to go
However, your garbage footprint will slowly increase. This problem is mitigated by the fact that paper and coffee grounds are both bio-degradable so it’s not as big of as an issue as using plastic disposable K-cups.
- ✅ Optional Paper Filter for K cups perfectly fits all reusable k cups (Universal Design)
- ✅ #1 Rated Paper filter for Keurig - Enjoy coffee that is free of sediments with these paper cups for reusable k cups
- ✅ Makes Cleanup a Breeze. All you have to do is simply flip the k cup and discard the paper filter
- ✅ Top quality paper used in construction unlike cheap competition
- ✅ Enjoy stronger coffee by using these paper filters for Keurig Coffee Makers
5. Best Reusable K-Cup for stronger coffee: Di Oro Gold Plated K-Cup
Some of us like our coffee really strong, and want the gold standard of coffee. And why not? Coffee drinking is a rewarding, pleasing experience and there’s no reason it shouldn’t be the best.
Which is where the Di Oro gold plated filters come in. Now you may be thinking: damn son, gold?! That’s going to be expensive! But you’d be surprised – the Di Oro gold plated K-Cups are not that much more expensive than regular reusable K-cups.
All jokes aside, the real advantage of using gold is that it is one of the most unreactive metals known to us and you don’t want anything messing with your coffee!
That’s why we decided to keep the Di Oro K-Cup as our favorite candidate for strong coffee – it will help you bring out proper, true coffee flavors time and time again. It’s also dishwasher safe.
I’d like to point out here that you’ll still need to use the right coffee for a strong brew. If you’re looking for a huge caffeine hit, check out some of these high caffeine coffees. If you want the boldest, richest flavors, consider using any of your favorite dark roasts.
- INNOVATIVE 24K GOLD PURFLOW MAXBREW FILTER - Our unique and aesthetically pleasing 24K gold plated honeycomb patterned MaxBrew filter lets you brew deliciously fresh and flavorful coffee every time. The innovative design of the MaxBrew Filter will assure that you taste the coffee and not the filter as the 24K gold will not absorb unpleasant flavors like cheaper steel filters can.
- FOR USE IN KEURIG 2.0/1.0 BREWERS - The DI ORO MaxBrew Reusable K-Cup Filter is compatible with K200, K250, K300, K350, K360, K400, K450, K460, K500, K550, K560 Keurig 2.0 Coffee Brewers and Keurig 1.0 Model Brewers. Rest assured knowing your Reusable K-Cup Filter allows you the opportunity to enjoy your favorite coffee while giving you the freedom from spending endless amounts on expensive disposable k-cups.
- ECONOMICALLY SMART & ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Tired of spending your hard earned cash on expensive disposable k-cups while filling landfills with needless waste? The DI ORO MaxBrew Reusable K-Cup Filter is the solution to your problem as it is reusable while allowing you to choose the coffee you want and love. The K-Cup Filter is also extremely easy-to-use and allows you to brew various sized single cups of coffee.
- 100% BPA, LEAD, DEHP FREE & DISHWASHER SAFE - The premium quality and design of the MaxBrew Filter will give you years of reliable use and great tasting coffee. The DI ORO MaxBrew Reusable K-Cup Filter is 100% BPA, Lead, and DEHP Free and can be easily cleaned by hand or in a dishwasher. Save time and effort with easy kitchen clean-up.
- OUR PROMISE, OUR FOREVER WARRANTY – At Di Oro we have set the bar with our Forever Warranty and second to none customer service. We will replace any damaged or defective product for free or provide a full refund if you are not satisfied with your purchase. No questions, no hassles, forever.
6. Fill N Save Reusable K-Cups: Pack of 6
These are some of the best value reusable K-cups you can find as you’re getting 6 for quite cheap compared to the other ones we’ve listed here.
These work with Keurig 1.0, Keurig 2.0, Keurig K-Cup elite and single cup systems. One very neat design element in the Fill N Save cups is the silicone “O” ring inside the cap, which helps maintain the integrity of the seal and prevents any unwanted leaks.
While I don’t see any practical need for 6 cups if you’re living alone, if your entire family likes Keurig and you’d prefer not having to wash the cup every time one by one, you can just use 6 cups one after another and throw them all in the dishwasher when you’re all done.
- Ships From USA: Our high quality Universal Kuerig pod kcups ship from the USA with local workers.
- Finally No Hack required! No Sticker Required, Works with Keurig 2.0 Models: K200, K250, K300, K350, K360, K400, K450, K460, K500, K550, K560.
- HIGH QUALITY DESIGN. Unlike other reusable K cups this has a Silicone O Ring insuring sturdiness and no leakage therefore no coffee beans, coffee grounds, tea leaves or other sludge, grime or residue in your cup !
- GREAT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. Regular disposable K cups cannot be recycled. With Fill N Save reusable K Cups not only do you save money, you do your part to help the environment by not using wasteful disposable K cups.
- Dishwasher Safe and BPA free. Easy to use and clean. Thick durable construction and stainless steel micro mesh filter allow this Fill n Save Reusable K cup to be washed in the dishwasher multiple times with no wear and tear and be refillable again and again.
7. Youngever Reusable K-Cups: Pack of 8
The Youngever Reusable K-Cups are a really funky set of K-cups that come in rainbow colors. Not that colors really make a difference in the taste of your coffee, but some people like to decorate with interesting objects. If you’re one of those people, these K-cups are for you.
As far as brewing and construction go, the Youngever cups are decent. They’re competitively priced, BPA free, and dishwasher safe – what you’d expect from K-cups.
Oh, and one more reason: if you’ve got a big family, everyone likes Keurig coffee, and everyone is very particular about their favorite colors, go for the Youngever K-cups 🙂
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY - These Eco Friendly Plated Cups Are Universally Compatible with 1.0 & 2.0 Models
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND MONEY SAVING - Help reduce disposable Cups which are made of paper or lower quality plastic. Brew your own gourmet ground coffee in easy way.
- 8 VIBRANT COLOR - Different color can be used for different coffee or different day.
Why you need reusable K-Cups
When it comes to single serve coffee makers, there is no doubt that Keurig is the king of the domain. Their machines are incredibly simple to use, and they can pump out cup after cup of steaming hot coffee, the perfect pick me up for when you need a jolt of coffee and you need it fast.
However, take into consideration the following:
1. Normal Keurig K-Cups are made out of plastic
Up until recently, this was non-recyclable plastic. Now, Keurig – or rather Green Mountain Coffee, the parent company – has started a recycling program where they take back K-Cups.
Even so, this is not always very practical.
Everyone should be, but that’s a topic for another website – for us, though, it’s not always that easy to remember to recycle something in it’s own special way. We’ll separate the trash, but having a third bin for K-Cups and remembering to send those to Keurig is a big hassle.
Considering that Keurig sells over 10,000,000,000 (ten billion) K-Cups every year, that’s an unimaginable amount of plastic going into landfills every year. Ten billion K-Cups could go around the entire world multiple times.
Plus, the cost of K-Cups can really add up, as they’re significantly more expensive in the long run than regular coffee.
2. You can take control of your brew
Keurig has a wide variety of flavors and brews to choose from but those are usually made from lower quality beans and you don’t want to go anywhere near that under normal circumstances.
Also, real coffee is made from freshly roasted beans, so you don’t want to pick up something that has been lying on a shelf for so many days.
With freshly roasted and freshly ground at home coffee, you’ll be able to experience the nuanced flavors you read about but never taste: woody, nutty, chocolaty, fruity, and so many more.
While the variety and flavors may be plenty, there’s no options for modifying the brewing process. That’s pretty much fixed across all keurig models, and you’d be hard pressed to get the customization possibilities you have with other brewing methods.
That is, unless you use a reusable K-cup. With reusable K-cups, you can use proper, freshly ground coffee instead of whatever factory-processed stuff the manufacturer of the K-cup decides to use.
So what should you do instead?
You can grind your own beans and use the coarseness or fineness of the grounds to adjust the taste and flavor of your brew.
Experiment with different settings to see which level of coarseness or fineness produces the flavors that you want.
How much coffee do you put in a reusable K-cup?
Most reusable K-Cups will have fill lines inside the filter basket that are good references for how much coffee you need to fill. The lower line is generally for brewing a smaller cup of 6 ounces, and the top line is for brewing cups larger than 10 ounces.
In grams, this works out to around 9-10 grams per 6 ounce up and about 14-15 grams per 10+ ounce cup.
These measurements are sweet spots for brewing good coffee and you can use them even if your reusable K-Cup does not have a fill line in it.
I would strongly recommend picking up a coffee scale for measuring out your coffee exactly.
Even if you don’t want to pick up a scale, one tablespoon measure of coffee is around 7-9 grams, so you can use that as a reference as well.
There’s no doubt that reusable K-cups are the way to go if you have a Keurig machine. You’re not limited to just coffee, either. If you like the occasional cup of tea, there’s no reason you can’t throw in some tea leaves and make tea with these mesh cups, either.
- 1 7 best reusable K-cups – our favorites
- 1.1 1. Keurig 2.0 Reusable My K-Cup
- 1.2 2. Keurig My K-Cup Universal Coffee Filter
- 1.3 3. Best Reusable K-cup (Stainless Steel): iPartsPlusMore Reusable Keurig Filters
- 1.4 4. Best Reusable K-Cup with Paper Filter: DeliBru Keurig Paper Filters
- 1.5 5. Best Reusable K-Cup for stronger coffee: Di Oro Gold Plated K-Cup
- 1.6 6. Fill N Save Reusable K-Cups: Pack of 6
- 1.7 7. Youngever Reusable K-Cups: Pack of 8
- 2 Why you need reusable K-Cups
- 3 How much coffee do you put in a reusable K-cup?
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Are reusable K-cups worth it?
Absolutely. Not only do reusable k-cups generate less trash, they’ll help you save money in the long run and you can brew better, fresher coffee.
Is it cheaper to use reusable K-cups?
For sure. One K-cup is $0.50 on average, so that’s $0.50 per cup of coffee. A 12 ounce bag of high quality, fresh coffee is about $15. You can brew about 50 cups of Keurig coffee from a 12 ounce bag. Going reusable, you can brew 50 cups for $15, compared to pre-packaged K-cups, which would be $25 for 50 cups.
How many times can you use a reusable K-cup?
If you take care of it properly, you can use a reusable K-cup hundreds of times.
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API