The entire espresso experience is almost empty without a grinder. A grinder is the most essential part of the entire process. In order have the perfect espresso grounds for the perfect shot of espresso, you need a grinder.
With that being said, in the espresso industry, many companies have begun to produce higher-quality machines with built-in grinders. This is probably the best discover and innovation since bread and butter.
Grinding your own beans at home with an espresso maker is ten-fold better in terms of flavor, taste, and experience. The only drawback to grinding your own beans is the time it might take.
In reality, with the espresso machines listed below, these brands understand time is of the essence. Without further ado, it is recommended that when on the search for an espresso machine, find out that comes with a built-in grinder.
The Top 5 Rated Espresso Machines with Built in Grinders
1. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
When it comes to top-rated espresso machines with a built-in grinder, the Breville Barista Express happens to top every single chart. The espresso makers adore this machine and it all begins with the aesthetically pleasing design.
This full-integrated machine is the perfect complement in every single kitchen. When you get to look at the list of features, you will be sold.
- For the user who is seeking more control and customization – this machine is for you. The user will have the option to decide how much grounds are to be used, the coarseness grade and the amount of shots.
- One of the notable features of this machine is it’s award-worthy grinding system. This grinder can handle any bean and can meet even the strictest of expectations.
- Very easy to clean up! Recompensed to clean to drip tray once a week, or if you are a clean-freak, everyday. This should only take less than 5 minutes.
- A favorite feature among the users of this machine is the easy-to-use steam wand. With perfect steamed milk and froth every time, your espresso shot will be perfect every single time.
2. DeLonghi ESAM3500 Magnifica Digital Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
When you purchase a Delonghi machine, you are investing your money in one of the greatest espresso machine brands in the world. Known as a top-rated brand, DeLonghi does not disappoint with the Magnifica Digital Espresso Machine. With a list of features, including the famous “Cappuccino System”, any buyer will not be disappointed.
- The machine comes built with a programmable menu and control panel that works at the push of a button. The entire system is very easy to learn and use. This display system is one of the most notable features of the machine.
- The DeLonghi Magnifica Digital comes with the patented system known as “Direct-to-Brew”. What this means is the espresso machine will grind the beans instantly and do all of the work for you. The grinder is a professional low-pitch burr grinder, which is perfect for grinding to the desired coarseness. On top of this, the brewing and grinding system is extremely easy to clean as it easy-to-remove.
- Like many other machines, the user needs to wait in-between shots to prepare the next one. With this machine, that does not exist! In fact, there is absolutely no time wasted because this comes built with a double boiler system.
Related: Try a manual coffee grinder, too
3. Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine
Another great top-rated espresso machine in the industry is the Gaggia Accademia Espresso Machine. Gaggia is quite and infamous brand and often the favorite amongst the espresso judges. This machine has features and bonuses that many other machines tend to lack. While the price tag matches the quality of features, the quality of each shot and the machine makes the whole venture worth it.
- This machine is perfect for the user who wants to make drinks of all different sizes. From espresso shots to travel mugs, this machine is perfect for any type of use.
- Built with a detachable milk pitcher, the user can actually save the milk and store it fresh. This is quite unlike many other designs in the industry. Of course, this naturally gives this machine a boost in the competition.
- The grinder is industrial grade with a ceramic burr style and integrated hopper. While this is similar to that of the Breville, this machine is on a whole new level. Imagine the possibilities of a smooth grinding process.
- The machine comes made with a pre-brewing system , which is perfect for those chaotic mornings. This feature is also to maximize every single shot in terms of taste and aroma.
4. Philips Saeco RI9753/47 Odea Go Plus Automatic Espresso Machine
For a machine to pack the punches of a $1000 espresso machine at this price range, it’s nearly a steal! The Saeco Odea Go Plus is easily one of the top rated espresso machines with a grinder, especially if you are on budget. Check out these list of outstanding and impressive feaures.
- Have you ever dreamt of the day that you would barely clean your espresso machine? Well, it is finally here with this machine. This is built with an automatic clean feature to rinse and run water through all of the circuits before a shot and after all of the shots have been poured. In the end, every single shot will always be pure and clean.
- Many other machines in the industry require you to wait for the machine to warm up. With the quick heat boiler technology in this machine, rather you wait for the machine, the machine waits for you.
- This machine is built to memorize your taste and desires. The Odea Go Plus comes with a memo feature that will allow for you to make the perfect cup at the press of a button.
- The Odea Go Plus has one of the best milk frothers and steaming wands in the industry. It is known as the “Pannarello”.
- With metal grinders, this machine guarantees the perfect ground espresso grounds every single time before each shot. What is even cooler is the 5 options to decide the style of the espresso grounds you want.
5. Jura Impressa 13423 S9 One Touch Automatic Coffee-and-Espresso Center Platinum
There is a reason why the Jura Imrpessa S9 is last one the list; this is the King of Espresso Makers. In fact, Jura is one of the most reputable, and pricey espresso machines out there. With that being said, every single shot made from this machine is made with such acute precision and accuracy that you will be blown away with each sip. On top of that, the features are endless!
- The Impressa S9 is a super automatic espresso and coffee maker that is built with the most impressive 1250 watts.
- Rather than pressing a ton of buttons and measuring the pressure of each shot, the Impressa S9 is simply and works all at the touch of a button.
- On top of this masterpiece, it comes with a 14-ounce thermal milk container, which is perfect for storage.
- The machine comes with a beautiful graphic display menu system with 3 temperature settings.
- With dozens of coffee features, there are all different variations of coffees that you can choose to make from this machine! Think of one, and this machine can do it!
- Are you seeking a ristretto in a small cup or maybe you are wanting a venti macchiato – well, this machine can do it all with a height-adjustable coffee sprout.
- One of the favorites of this machine is the ability to monitored the beans in the hopper. The user will always know where the beans stand and when it is time to refresh the hopper. The hopper can hold 10-ounce of beans at a time.
- This machine comes built with an impressive 96-oune water tank, which means the user will not have to constantly fill this up.
- If you are not planning on using the top of line conical burr grinder with over six-different grinding settings, it also comes with a funnel for pre-ground coffee.
Espresso machine + grinder buying guide
If you are in the market for an espresso machine with a built-in grinder there is a couple of important things that you should. First and foremost, in all likelihood, if you are seeking an espresso machine with a built in grinder, the price of the machine is easily $500-$600+, and sometimes more.
With that being said, at that price range, numerous features become available to you to minimize the length of time spent cleaning. These machines come with professional and sealed-tight bean holding contraptions to protect your beans and prevent you from making a mess.
Moreover, while some machines at the lower tier of these espresso machines might be noisier, these machines are naturally on the quieter side.
According to many espresso lovers, the best machines in the industry to get are the espresso machines with built in grinders. It not only makes the process easier, but it enhances the entire experience and flavor of each shot.
At the end of the day, these machines are all really excellent choices. If you really wanted us to choose, though, we’d probably suggest you pick up a DeLonghi ESAM Magnifica if your budget is tight, or a Jura Impressa S9 if you really wanted to splurge 🙂
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother; mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for perfect drinks every time
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented "Direct-to-Brew" system. Brewing system is compact and removable for easy cleaning.
- MAINTENANCE: De’Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly.
- Professional-quality, conical low-pitch burr grinder. Grind settings allow you to adjust the fineness for all types of beans
- 1450-watt automatic coffee-and-espresso center with 14-ounce thermal milk container
- Preprogrammed beverage buttons for coffee, espresso, cappuccino, milk, or hot water
- 6-setting conical burr grinder; pre-ground coffee funnel; 64-ounce removable water tank
- 18-bar power pump; ThermoBlock heating system; water filter, scoop, DVD, and more included
- Measures 16 by 11 by 13-1/2 inches; 2-year limited warranty
Last update on 2020-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API