We can all agree that coffee and espresso is one of the most glorious inventions in history. The scent and aroma of coffee in the early morning is the chip that thousands, if not, millions of people around the world so joyously await for every day.
Now, as all of us coffee lovers know – there are different brands and different espresso makers, which can make a world of a difference. In this, one of the best brands in the industry today is Delonghi – and this DeLonghi ECP3420 review will show you exactly why.
In fact, you cannot go to any espresso or coffee-related store and not hear about this brand.
Known for their famous designs, high-quality technology and innovation, and delicious espresso shots – you can’t go wrong. Below, we will explore the product’s features and benefits, the advantages and disadvantages, and a few different things to consider before making your purchase.
Notable Features and Benefits
At first glances, anyone who can appreciate an espresso machine will thoroughly enjoy the visual appeal of this DeLonghi machine. Made from professional-grade materials from the inside out, coffee lovers will be excited to feature this product on their kitchen countertops or breakfast nook, without fear of it stealing all the attention.
This specific espresso shines due to its impressive 15 bars of pressure and stainless steel boiler, which many veteran espresso brewers can attest is great, given this product’s cost-friendly price tag. Additionally, this product features not only a manual frother – it gives users the capability to brew espresso for the entire family or party! With a 37-ounce water tank, an individual can brew numerous shots of espresso without the hassle of having to change the water or even clean the water tank.
Furthermore, and our favorite aspect of this particular machine, is that the drip tray is removable – and there are two! So, this gives users an option to make large beverages while also minimizing the risk of spills or messes. Partner this feature with the incredible frothing nozzle and wand – and this machine gives coffee lovers an opportunity to become a true at-home barista.
With that being said, let’s overview some of the pros and cons of this specific machine.
- The DeLonghi ECP3420 is relatively compact, making it a great feature piece in anyone’s kitchen, or anywhere else in the house!
- As far as the quality of espresso goes, consumers can expect the same quality DeLonghi form this machine. With over 15 bars of pressure, coffee lovers can get the traditional shot of authentic espresso.
- Consumers will appreciate and admire the incredibly price-tag for this specific espresso machine.
- This machine has the capabilities of creating self-steamed milk and foam, which is great for the coffee drinker who likes to concoct traditional lattes or other specialty beverages.
- This machine gives the owner the ability to brew either a single-shot of espresso or a double shot of espresso.
- Shockingly, this product comes with a very large water tank, which is great for individuals that do not want to constantly be changing the water tank.
- The biggest downside to this espresso machine is that there is a shorter steam time in comparison to other machines.
- In addition to the previous con, this machine struggles with handling compact espresso grinds. Users will not be able to pack too much to make an even stronger shot of espresso. It may prove beneficial to pack a small amount of espresso at a time in efforts to avoid this problem in a larger spoonful.
- Some consumers may find it frustrating that this machine gets dirty quickly – causing owners to clean their machine more frequently, otherwise, it’s subject to break down quicker.
Things to Consider When Buying an Inexpensive Machine
Now, when you first look at this price tag – you might be wondering, “Is this too good to be true? How could such a brand offer a product so cheap?” With that being said, it’s imperative, as a consumer, to be aware and take numerous things into consideration before purchasing an inexpensive machine, such as this one.
To better help you out and make the purchasing process that much easier, we have a few tips and tricks for you.
So, you are in the market for an inexpensive espresso machine because perhaps you don’t want to pay the price tag of a Jura, right? Well, it’s vital that if you plan to brew espresso shots for years, to take into consideration the durability of the machine itself.
I mean, no one wants to purchase a brand-new espresso machine to find out that some part broke. Now, the thing to really consider is that these are inexpensive machines. So, many of these companies may use cheaper materials when making their espresso maker. With that being said, it’s essential to do due diligence and verify that what you are purchasing is worth every penny.
This is critical to take into consideration! After all, the grinds play a pivotal role in whether or not your espresso and coffee in the morning are delicious or not. With that being said, when looking at cheaper espresso makers, make sure that machine can handle the type of espresso grinds that you would like to use.
Additionally, check-in to make sure it can handle the number of espresso grinds that you want to use when making an espresso. This espresso machine, in particular, does a great job at making quality espresso shots but struggles when users pack too much espresso in efforts to make a stronger shot. This is quite typical of products of this caliber.
Espresso machines can be very messy – if you are not careful. Typically, inexpensive machines are prone to making bigger messes and can present challenges to owners.
With that being said, prior to purchasing any inexpensive espresso machine, we highly recommend researching and measuring how easy a product is to clean. If you are finding out that many people are complaining about cleaning the machine or that it’s prone to making messes, you might want to find a new product. Reason being, this can lead to future problems and wear and tear.
When we say the word “storage” we are not talking about physical storage space, but rather the actual size of the machine itself. We understand that, sometimes, you don’t want your espresso machine on display all-day every day. With that being said, it’s important to find a machine that satisfies your interior design tastes.
- Frothing and Specialty Drinks
Do you find yourself drinking fancy specialty coffee drinks? If so, you need to be incredibly cautious when picking out espresso machines. Reason being, in many cases, they don’t come with this feature. Now, if the machine does come with a manual frothing wand, that’s fantastic! Just make sure, prior to purchasing any machine, that the wand is well-built and can produce the type of power needed to make your special beverages.
The second to last consideration that we want our readers to think about when purchasing an inexpensive espresso machine is all about the water. Typically, these machines are designed from cheaper and smaller materials, resulting in smaller water tanks. Now, for some people, they might not care about smaller water tanks. But, if you don’t want to be changing the water tank and cleaning it on a daily basis, it’s important to look at the water tank size and capacity. Additionally, it may prove beneficially to see if the water tank is removable and how easy that part of the machine will be to clean. Take it from us, this can save you a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to clean it.
Can we really forget about the taste of the espresso? After all, the entire goal of an espresso machine is to produce the richest and creamiest shot of espresso. With that being said, when it comes to inexpensive espresso machines, it’s vital that you notate the type of pressure and system that a machine uses. This is a key indicator as to how good the shot will be. When it comes to this espresso machine, we knew that DeLonghi would not cut this machine short. That is why – almost any previous consumer praises the quality of shots that this machine produces.
Is it Worth It?
Most consumers are always asking themselves “is this product worth it?” After our extensive review and analysis of this specific espresso machine, we can say, with confidence, if you are looking for a cost-friendly espresso machine that can still produce the quality espresso shots of other DeLonghi machines – this is most certainly worth.
Now, it’s not the most innovative or most-technologically advanced product; however, it’s good enough for beginner espresso lovers that are seeking to bring the strong scent and aroma of delicious espresso into their home.
- 15 bar professional pressure assures quality results every time. Input power 1100 watts
- Second tier drip tray to accommodate larger cups. Convenient Filter Storage: The machine has convenient storage for your filters
- Removable 37 ounce water tank.Maximun cup height -3.5 - 5 inches.Always use 2% milk at refrigerator temperature
- Self priming operation for minimum start up preparation. Stainless Steel boiler system
- Kindly review the user manual under product details for set up and usage related guidance and instructional video
Last update on 2018-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API