The coffee and espresso maker combo is becoming more popular among coffee lovers. This is no surprise, as the basic cup of coffee is no longer everything coffee lovers require. With more complex coffees hitting the market, the ability to make espresso as well as coffee has become a standard.
To ensure you have all the right options in front of you, we went looking for some of the better coffee and espresso maker combos on the market. If you are still looking for a combo today, be sure to read through our comprehensive overview below.
Best coffee and espresso maker combo for 2020
1. The De’Longhi Combination Pump Espresso and Drip Coffee Machine
This model from De’Longhi provides a perfect combo by providing a clear separation between drip coffee and espresso. It also comes with good features, so you do not have to compromise on the quality of your coffee and espresso.
The De’Longhi would score well among other espresso machines. It comes with an authentic 15-bar pressure, making it suitable for espresso, latte, and cappuccino. On the other side, you will find the traditional drip coffee, so you can even use both at the same time.
When you choose this coffee and espresso machine, you can also froth milk. Because it has an integrated milk frother, you do not have to worry about purchasing more accessories. It even includes its own water filter to keep impurities away from your combination coffee! Does it get any better than that?
- One machine does it all: One side makes authentic 15-bar Espresso, cappuccino and latte, while the other side brews exceptionally delicious Coffee.
- Flavor savor brew System: De’longhi’s Patented Coffee brewing system extracts maximum flavor and aroma for a robust Coffee experience.
- Front-loading system: Both water and Coffee reservoirs are conveniently located with frontal access for drip Coffee – no need to move the machine.
- Your foam, your way: The advanced cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- Filtered water for a better brew: the advanced active carbon filter keeps water fresh and free of impurities for better-tasting brewed Coffee.
2. The Ninja Specialty Fold-Away Frother
This is quite the special option, because this espresso machine is counted among one of the best espresso machines out there, even though it can also make regular coffee!
With the Ninja Speciality Fold-Away Frother, you have the ability to make several speciality coffees with the same coffee maker; this includes latte, macchiato and cappuccino.
As the name suggests, this coffee maker also contains its own milk frother. Since you can make lots of combination coffee recipes that require milk, you will need that milk frother to create the perfect brew.
Consumers can also choose between a glass carafe and a thermal carafe. Naturally, each of these can have its benefits, whether it is for espresso or drip coffee. Depending on your preference, you can choose the one that suits you best. However, it is important to note that a coffee maker with a thermal carafe can be slightly more expensive than the glass option.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
Finally, the Ninja Speciality Fold-Away Frother has also been certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA). To get this certification, coffee maker and espresso machines need to meet some strict requirements. In other words, you know you are buying quality when a coffee maker has this certification.
- Specialty brew: brew super rich Coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse style drinks
- Iced Coffee: brew fresh over ice for flavorful Iced Coffee that's never watered down
- 6 brew sizes: brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or a full carafe in your Coffee maker
- Fold away frother: turns hot or cold milk into silky smooth froth. Cord length (ft.)- 2.5
- Sca certified home brewer
3. AICOOK Espresso Machine And Coffee Maker
If you are looking for an espresso maker combo that gives you a little easier maintenance, we can recommend the AICOOK Espresso machine. This espresso machine is a three-in-one combination, which means you can make drip coffee, latte, cappuccino and espresso in minimal time.
Like the other models mentioned today, this espresso machine comes with its own milk frother. However, the milk frother comes in the form of a steam wand. So, you can foam anything from your latte to your cappuccino.
The AICOOK Espresso Machine also provides a removable water tank, which makes it easier to keep the coffee machine clean. This coffee espresso machine also sports a so-called self-priming system. It provides two individual thermostats, one responsible for water and the other one for steam. In other words, this coffee and espresso machine provides one of the best temperature control options out there.
Also, when you want to ensure you can enjoy your coffee espresso maker for a long time to come, it is always best to look out for a decent warranty. Fortunately, you do not have to worry about that with this machine, as it comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Make drip coffee, espresso, cappuccino and latte with this espresso and coffee machine. Saves your counter space instead of having a separate drip coffee maker and espresso machine.
- BUILT-IN STEAM WAND: You can create a rich and creamy foam for lattes and cappuccinos with steam wand, enjoy cappuccino, latte at home!
- REMOVABLE WATER TANK: Conveniently monitor water levels of front view transparent tank (1.2L capacity). Handle is included on tank for easy removal for cleaning and refilling.
- SELF-PRIMING SYSTEM: Self-priming system means machine is always ready for use. 2 separate thermostats to control water and steam temperatures
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY: The espresso machine is backed by our 24-month warranty.But our friendly service are available for a lifetime,our service teams will be always on your side.
4. Espressione EM-1040 In Stainless Steel
- Make your favorite Espresso, brew Coffee or make lattes, all in one combination unit.
- Works with either ground Coffee or easy serving Espresso pods ease.
- Powerful 19 bar ULKA pump from Italy operating at 1250 Watts
- Pre-brewing function allows for a more flavorful Coffee, espressos and cappuccinos
- Electronic temperature control with one Selector knob, 4 buttons and 2 blue LED lamps
If you like the sleek look of stainless steel you often find in the coffee shop, you can still obtain your combination coffee in the convenience of your home thanks to the Espressione. With its streamlined look and countless features, you can make sure your combination coffee is perfect every time.
The Espressione brings quite a few features into your home. However, one of the most interesting things about these espresso and coffee makers is that they can use both ground coffee and coffee pods. Most coffee makers are either made for ground coffee or pods, so it is rare to find an espresso and coffee machine that does both inside your home!
When you want superior temperature control for the brewing process, Espressione coffee makers are the best choice as well. Espressione coffee makers come with electronic temperature control, enabling you to control everything with one selector knob and four buttons.
Finally, it is important to mention that the home coffee machine can deliver barista grade coffee quite easily. In fact, if you want the perfect espresso, you can use the pre-brewing function as well as the electronic temperature control to give you the perfect brew from the comforts of your own home.
5. Sowtech Machine 3.5
The Sowtech machine is the best option for anyone who want excellent cappuccino and espresso in their own home, since this machine is especially made for those two brews.
To ensure optimal control over your home brews, and get the best results, the manufacturer has included a special frothing arm. With it, you can easily top off all espressos and cappuccinos with velvety perfection at home. It can be difficult sometimes to find that barista-like quality at home, but this machine makes it a whole lot easier.
When you choose the Sowtech Machine 3.5, you get a pressure bar of 3.5. While this is lower than some of the machines in this overview, the bar does provide the best machine for a smoother result. If you like smoother coffee and cream, and had problems getting the best results in the past, you can take this machine out for a spin.
- EASY TO USE - Single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation with function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off. Also, accurate temperature control can ensure the best taste
- COMPACT DESIGN - The stainless steel compact design of the espresso coffee machines saves lots of space, smaller and lighter. The removable, washable drip catcher collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy, best for home and kitchen use
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY - Coffee espresso machine with frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes. Velvety smooth espresso will make mornings so much better
- BREW LIKE A PRO - Powerful 3.5 bar pressure espresso coffee maker can make 1-4 cups (240ml) espresso coffee and rich smooth cream. Easy-pour glass cup is clearly marked to serve the perfect amount every time, delivers a truly rich espresso in just seconds
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 x Steam Espresso Machine, 1 x Filter and Funnel, 1 x Spoon, 1 x Carafe, 1 x Manual. Tips: Screw tightly all the parts for safety using
6. Breville The Barista Express
When you only like the best coffee, and prefer the look of professional barista equipment, then you will appreciate the Breville The Barista Express. Looking as professional as ever, but also coming with a bunch of features, there are lots of things to like about this option.
The Breville The Barista Machine comes with a special Italian pump. The pump has the ideal pressure for espressos, more specifically 15 bars. On top of that, this machine also comes with its own grinder for coffee beans, so you do not need any additional accessories at all!
Let’s talk about the grinder that comes with this coffee maker. The bean hopper is placed on top of the machine, this makes it easier to fill the hopper with beans as you need them. It has quite a decent capacity as well, as you can fill it with half a pound of beans. And, the conical burrs in the grinder ensure that you can tackle any kind of grind for your coffee!
Finally, you can also count on a remarkable capacity where the water tank is concerned. With a capacity of 67 ounces, you do not have to refill the water tank very often, not even if you drink tons of coffee during the course of the day.
- 15 bar Italian pump
- Purge Function: Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
- Stainless steel conical burr grinder with 1/2 pounds sealed bean hopper
- 1600 watt thermo coil heating system
- 67 fluid ounce (2 Liter) removable water tank with handle
7. EspressoWorks All-In-One Bundle
Coffee lovers sometimes want a little more than just the ability to brew two different kinds of coffee. Fortunately, there is a way to achieve this, especially when you choose the EspressoWorks All-In-One Bundle.
The EspressoWorks All-In-One Bundle has some impressive features, so we will have to discuss each one in a little more detail. The first thing you will notice about this machine is that it comes with a larger water reservoir that can easily be removed. The tank can provide an estimated 19 espresso shots, so that is a whole lot of coffee!
Like all more advanced brewing machines, the EspressoWorks All-In-One Bundle also comes with its own inbuilt milk frother. And, it also has a milk reservoir. In other words, you do not have to fill a jug with milk and then struggle to get it just right like you would with some other options out there. All it takes is filling the reservoir and pushing one single button. It is that easy.
As you would expect from a bundle, you can get a bunch of accessories with this bundle as well. It comes with its own electric grinder, perfect to grind the coffee beans of your choice. It also has a portafilter, shot filter baskets, a measuring spoon, tamper, cappuccino glasses, espresso cups and even art stencil templates to create cappuccinos with the perfect finish.
Then there is also the one-touch control panel that is attached to this device. If you don’t know much about the settings, you can get started easily with the default options this device comes with. Once you become more proficient though, this option allows you to set your own amounts for milk and espresso. The control panel can also help you with the brewing process, as there are LED lights that indicate how the brewing process is going. You can also use the buttons to make a single or double shots of a certain brew. The settings also allow you to select anything from milk froth to latte, cappuccino, and more.
Interestingly, the Espresso Works All-In-One also comes with a cleaning function. You can find the clean button on the one-touch panel we mentioned above. Simply read the quick start guide and use the relevant buttons to clean your coffee machine in minimal time.
You could argue that an electric grinder does not always provide the results of a manual grinder. However, the grinder that has been included in this option is very functional. Simply increase the amount of grinding time if you want the grind to be finer.
- ✅*NEW* READY FOR USE IN 45 SECONDS - Equipped with the Advanced Thermoblock Heating System, just click the 'ON' button and enjoy Italian style Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte & much more in seconds! (Dimension of machine: 8.5" x 10" x 12"), Power: 1250 W, Voltage: 120 V
- ✅ALL IN ONE SET - Become a true Barista in minutes as this 19 BAR Pump Pressure System Machine set comes with everything you will need for your favorite espresso-based beverage. Just add beans!
- ✅LARGE WATER TANK - 1.4L large detachable water tank with convenient handle to allow for hassle-free refills!
- ✅BUILT-IN FROTHER - All In One set includes a built-in milk frother & reservoir with adjustable control knob to heat and froth your milk to enjoy a delicious cappuccino and latte!
- ✅SINGLE SHOT or DOUBLE SHOT- Two stainless steel portafilter baskets included for the option of pulling a single shot or a double shot during each extraction.
8. DELONGHI Super Automatic Coffee Machine
The DELONGHI Super is probably the most futuristic looking machine in this overview. Still, despite its futuristic look upon first glance, it does have quite a few traditional control buttons that many people like.
Control of the DELONGHI Super is easy thanks to the rotary and push control panel. The panel gives you access to various menu settings, enabling your to get the perfect brew every time. You can also count on an accompanying beans container, which has quite a big capacity of 8.8 ounces.
When you choose the DELONGHI Super, you can also count on a patented “Direct-to-Brew” system, which you obviously cannot find with other machines. The benefit of this system is that it enables you to put in your beans and then start brewing immediately. So, less worry about grinding and less mess afterwards too!
Also, the DELONGHI Super does not require those special cleaning tablets most coffee machines do. The machine can easily be cleaned by following the care instructions in the guide and no additional tablets are required to get your machine clean.
The DELONGHI is also energy-saving. When the machine has not been used for three hours, because you forgot to switch it off, this model will switch off automatically!
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces. Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches. Input power - 1350 watts
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
- Maintenance: De’Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly. The machine does not deliver coffee, but only water is caused due to ground coffee may be blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel, using a plastic knife. Then clean the infuser and the inside of the machine. If machine is noisy refer manual; Energy Saving: With 3 hour automatic shut off
- Utilize De'Longhi's specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine (Latte Best). Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer
Is it better to choose a combo or two separate machines?
It all depends on how specialised you want your espresso or coffee. While a combo can deliver similar if not equal results, you can find much more advanced features with separate machines.
On the flipside, the combo can be more versatile in terms of the different kinds of coffee it can deliver. If you like having more than two different kinds of coffee, then a combo could be the better option for you.
In conclusion, the choice between combo and separate machines often comes down to what you want to make inside your home. So, have a look at which coffee you want to make on a regular basis and base your decision on that.
Last update on 2020-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API