Having the ability to brew both espresso and coffee in one machine is becoming more popular among coffee lovers. This is no surprise, as the basic cup of coffee is no longer everything coffee lovers require. In this post, we’ll look at contenders for the best coffee and espresso maker combos.
As people are getting more familiar with espresso and specialty coffee, the ability to make espresso as well as coffee has become a standard.
To ensure you have all the right options in front of you, we went looking for some of the better coffee and espresso maker combos on the market.
Best coffee and espresso maker combo
1. De’Longhi Combination Pump Espresso and Drip Coffee Machine
- One machine does it all: One side makes authentic 15-bar espresso, cappuccino and latte, while the other side brews exceptionally delicious coffee.
- Flavor savor brew System: De’longhi’s patented coffee brewing system extracts maximum flavor and aroma for a robust coffee experience.
- Front-loading system: Both water and coffee reservoirs are conveniently located with frontal access for drip coffee – no need to move the machine.
- Your foam, your way: The advanced cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- Filtered water for a better brew: The advanced active carbon filter keeps water fresh and free of impurities for better-tasting brewed coffee.
This model from De’Longhi provides a perfect combo by providing a clear separation between drip coffee and espresso. It also comes with good features, so you do not have to compromise on the quality of your coffee and espresso.
The De’Longhi would score well among other espresso machines. It comes with an authentic 15-bar pressure pump, making it suitable for espresso, latte, and cappuccino. On the other side, you will find the traditional drip coffee, so you can even use both at the same time.
When you choose this coffee and espresso machine, you can also froth milk. Because it has an integrated milk frother, you do not have to worry about purchasing more accessories. It even includes its own water filter to keep impurities away from your combination coffee! Does it get any better than that?
- Programmable timer for drip coffee
- Functional milk frother makes great milk for cappuccinos and lattes
- One of the two sides have been reported to stop working after some time
2. Ninja CM401 Specialty Coffee Maker
With the Ninja Speciality Fold-Away Frother, you have the ability to make several speciality coffees with the same coffee maker; this includes latte, macchiato, and cappuccino.
It should be noted that this machine can’t make a proper espresso shot – it’s actually meant to brew a concentrated coffee that can be used as a base for cappuccinos and the like.
The Nunja CM401 coffee maker contains its own milk frother. Since you can make lots of combination coffee recipes that require milk, you will need that milk frother to create the perfect brew.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
Consumers can also choose between a glass carafe and a thermal carafe. Naturally, each of these can have its benefits, whether it is for espresso or drip coffee. Depending on your preference, you can choose the one that suits you best. However, it is important to note that a coffee maker with a thermal carafe can be slightly more expensive than the glass option.
Finally, the Ninja Speciality Fold-Away Frother has also been certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA). To get this certification, coffee makers and espresso machines need to meet some strict requirements. In other words, you know you are buying quality when a coffee maker has this certification.
- Ninja machines are super high quality
- Can brew iced coffee too
- Good frother for velvety milk
- Can’t brew a proper espresso shot
- Specialty brew: Brew super rich Coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse style drinks
- Iced coffee: Brew fresh over ice for flavorful Iced Coffee that's never watered down
- 6 brew sizes: Brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or a full carafe in your Coffee maker
- Fold away frother: Turns hot or cold milk into silky smooth froth. Cord length (feet)- 2.5
- SCA certified home brewer
3. AICOOK Espresso Machine And Coffee Maker
If you are looking for an espresso maker combo that gives you a little easier maintenance, we can recommend the AICOOK Espresso machine. This is a combo machine, which means you can make drip coffee, latte, cappuccino and espresso in minimal time.
Like the other models mentioned today, this espresso machine comes with its own milk frother. However, the milk frother comes in the form of a steam wand. So, you can foam anything from your latte to your cappuccino.
The AICOOK Espresso Machine also provides a removable water tank, which makes it easier to keep the coffee machine clean. This coffee espresso machine also sports a so-called self-priming system. It provides two individual thermostats, one responsible for water and the other one for steam. In other words, you don’t need to wait to steam milk as the heating element is separate for both sides.
Also, when you want to ensure you can enjoy your coffee espresso maker for a long time to come, it is always best to look out for a decent warranty. Fortunately, you do not have to worry about that with this machine, as it comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- 2 year warranty
- Removable water reservoir
- Holes in filter are quite large
- Nozzle is high so espresso tends to splash
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Make drip coffee, espresso, cappuccino and latte with this espresso and coffee machine. Saves your counter space instead of having a separate drip coffee maker and espresso machine.
- BUILT-IN STEAM WAND: You can create a rich and creamy foam for lattes and cappuccinos with steam wand, enjoy cappuccino, latte at home!
- REMOVABLE WATER TANK: Conveniently monitor water levels of front view transparent tank (1.2L capacity). Handle is included on tank for easy removal for cleaning and refilling.
- SELF-PRIMING SYSTEM: Self-priming system means machine is always ready for use. 2 separate thermostats to control water and steam temperatures
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY: The espresso machine is backed by our 24-month warranty.But our friendly service are available for a lifetime,our service teams will be always on your side.
4. Espressione EM-1040 Stainless Steel Espresso and Coffee Maker Combo
If you like the sleek look of stainless steel you often find in the coffee shop, you can still obtain your combination coffee in the convenience of your home thanks to the Espressione. With its streamlined look and countless features, you can make sure your combination coffee is perfect every time.
The Espressione brings quite a few features into your home. However, one of the most interesting things about these espresso and coffee makers is that they can use both ground coffee and coffee pods. Most coffee makers are either made for ground coffee or pods, so it is rare to find an espresso and coffee machine that does both inside your home!
When you want superior temperature control for the brewing process, Espressione coffee makers are the best choice as well. Espressione coffee makers come with electronic temperature control, enabling you to control everything with one selector knob and four buttons.
Finally, it is important to mention that the home coffee machine can deliver barista grade coffee quite easily. In fact, if you want the perfect espresso, you can use the pre-brewing function as well as the electronic temperature control to give you the perfect brew from the comforts of your own home.
- 19 bar pump
- Can brew two shots of espresso into two separate cups
- Takes a while to heat up
- Make your favorite Espresso, brew Coffee or make lattes, all in one combination unit.
- Works with either ground Coffee or easy serving Espresso pods ease.
- Powerful 19 bar ULKA pump from Italy operating at 1250 Watts
- Pre-brewing function allows for a more flavorful Coffee, espressos and cappuccinos
- Electronic temperature control with one Selector knob, 4 buttons and 2 blue LED lamps
5. Miele CM5300 Coffee system
The Miele CM5300 is the most high end system in this list. While it is actually a dedicated one-touch espresso machine, it has made our list because you can brew a pot of coffee with up to 8 cups as well.
The Miele is super expensive, but it’s really awesome. You do have the ability to customize some settings but the machine really shines in it’s one-touch system.
You just add beans into the hopper, water into the reservoir, milk into its reservoir, and you’ll have a beautiful cup of espresso or cappuccino ready for you to enjoy.
It’s a super futuristic machine and is super convenient for parties and social gatherings where people can just go up to the machine, press a button, and enjoy coffee.
Although the operation is quite automated, the drip tray and brew system are removable and can be washed very easily so you don’t need to worry about maintenance.
- Super easy one touch operation
- Brews superb espresso and coffee
- One-touch cappuccinos and lattes
- Very expensive!
- Onetouch and OneTouch for two function - make one or two servings at the touch of a button
- Coffee pot function - make up to 8 cups of Coffee at a time
- Directions control panel with 4 row text display
- Brewing specialties - one or two servings of espresso, coffee, long coffee, Ristretto, cappuccino, latté macchiato, Cafe latté, hot milk & milk froth
- Second type of Coffee possible using ground Coffee
6. Keurig K-Cafe Coffee and Cappuccino Maker Combo
The last machine on our list is the Keurig K-Cafe, which is a new model from Keurig that has a built in milk frother.
It is compatible with all Keurig K-Cups and while it does not brew proper espresso, it can actually brew pretty good specialty coffee thanks to the built in milk frother.
The frothing system is really interesting. You fill the frothing jug with milk, place it in position, and the machine will froth it. You can then pour the frothed milk into your coffee for a latte or cappuccino.
In that sense, the Keurig K-Cafe is much like the Ninja machine we reviewed above, as they don’t make dedicated espressos.
The K-Cafe will make a concentrated coffee from whatever K-Cup you put in it. For best results, use a darker roast as the flavor will be much richer and will come through the milk.
If you’re not in the mood for a specialty coffee, the K-Cafe can make regular K-Cup coffee too.
- Makes great foamy, velvety milk
- Choice of hundreds of K-Cups
- You can use ground coffee with the reusable K-Cup
- Cold frothed milk option for iced drinks
- Not a proper bar espresso machine
- Some people feel Keurig isn’t “real” coffee
- Bundle includes: Keurig Charcoal K Café Single Serve Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker, Dishwasher safe milk Frother and 24 count Espresso Roast variety pack K cup pods
- Coffee shot for specialty drinks: Press the shot button to brew a concentrated shot of coffee from your favorite K cup pod to make delicious hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos
- Coffee, lattes & cappuccinos: Use any K cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos
- Compatible with the my K cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
- Variety: Discover your favorite espresso roast perfect on its own or for making lattes and cappuccinos just add fresh frothed milk, including skim, soy, and almond
Conclusion: Is it better to choose a combo or two separate machines?
It all depends on how specialised you want your espresso or coffee. While a combo can certainly deliver similar results, you can find much more advanced features with separate machines.
Unless you’re running short on space, I think having two separate machines will always brew more authentic coffee.
If you’re really serious about your coffee, you’ll enjoy the added control you get from having a dedicated dripper and a dedicated espresso/cappuccino machine.
However, the price point is quite attractive for combo machines(aside from the Miele of course), and you may find that it’s better to get a medium-level combo than two separate entry level machines.
Personally, I would stick to having two separate machines as you can pick up a really good espresso machine like the Mr Coffee Cafe Barista for under $150 and a decent drip machine for less than $50.
If convenience trumps everything else for you, then the Keurig K-Cafe or the Ninja is an unbeatable choice. You’ll just have to live with not being able to have a proper espresso, and stick to cappuccinos and lattes instead.
Frequently asked questions
Can you brew regular coffee in an espresso maker?
You can’t brew drip coffee in an espresso maker, but you can make a similar drink called an Americano by diluting an espresso shot with 6 ounces of water.
Can you brew espresso in a regular coffee maker?
You can’t make espresso in a drip machine, but you can make strong and concentrated brews in french presses and Moka pots.
Can you brew regular coffee in a Nespresso machine?
Nespresso machines don’t brew regular coffee, but Nespresso VertuoLine machines have an option for a large beverage similar to a serving of drip coffee.
Last update on 2020-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API