Are you looking for a good coffee maker for your upcoming camping trips?
You’ve come to the right place!
Here we will give you short but clear reviews about the 5 most preferable coffee makers on the markets at the moment, and tip to choose the best Camping Coffee Maker for yourself as well.
Introduction To Camping Coffee
How do you think about having nice cups of coffee to enjoy even when you are away from your house, when you are in a camping, I mean? This used to seem to be impossible, but now, Camping coffee makers have made this true.
Rather than the advantages of portability allowing you to take it wherever you want, the machine claims to provide you as nice coffee as a high-quality home or office coffee maker does. So let’s consider five most voted items below, you might find an ideal item for yourself.
Advice On Buying
Before coming in details about specific coffee maker for camping, you should be sure about the things you are looking for in it. In general, ask yourself some questions: you want the machine to offer the lightest weight or the best flavor?
You want it to be the most portable or the easiest to use?, so on.
Actually, these expectations can be satisfied with at least one camping coffee machine, but which kind? Below is a quick look at coffee maker types.
Percolator coffee makers are traditional brewing which simply require you to boil water and add the grounds. Typically, a percolator machine is a metal pot having a basket inside where you fill in the grounds. Then it bubbles up into the grinds once the water below gets boiled. The whole process lasts almost three minutes and results in a rough flavor.
2. French Press
French Presses are highly appreciated for the using ease but complex cleaning up. To make coffee with this machine, you simply place the grounds to the container’s bottom, pour water, and let it steep.
When you want to enjoy the coffee, press down the plunger-screen to separate the grounds and water to pour the coffee into a cup. The French presses coffee has a distinct murky flavor which some drinker are addicted.
3. Pour-Over Style Drip
This is a simple but refined method for morning coffee. The brewing process includes hand grinding, water temperature measuring (using a thermometer) and counting the time the water is in contact with the grounds. The result coffee are satisfying without much fuss. In term of design, it is basically a filter and a cone only, so it is easily portable.
4. Gas Grill Coffee Maker
The great Coleman Camping Coffee Maker is an example of this type. Basically, these machines are like pots in your kitchen counter which require only grill or fuel canisters to operate. And they also result in a full pot. Machines of this type are bulky and quite costly, but they can serve groups of people, and share the most common things with a standard coffee maker at home.
Top 5 Camping Coffee Makers
This is the first coffee maker I would like to introduce you due to the excellences it offers. It comes with two or three-burner camp stoves, making sure that you never miss your favorite coffee under any conditions, camping or tailgating, indoors or outdoors, so on. It allows you to adjust the strength and flavor to your desire, yeah, in the same way as you can do with a brewer at home.
Also, it allows you to steep the coffee between the process with the brew-pause option. It is also quiet while running, making sure that your campmates can be in their deep sleep while you are brewing in the morning.
- This is an ideal choice for family group camping
- It has pause option, allowing you to enjoy the coffee in the middle of the process
- It has a removable filter basket
- It doesn’t require electricity to run
- It comes with 2 to 3 burner camp stoves
- It can makes up to ten cups at once
- It is flexible to use, it means that you can make coffee, teo or hot chocolate with just one machine.
- It is class carafe
- It is quite heavy.
This Coleman 9-Cup Aluminum Coffee Pot is not only perfect for the campsite, but also for the picnic and at home. It is made of long-lasting and heavy-free aluminum.
The inside coffee pot is resistant to rust and simple to clean. Plus, it comes with a bail handle, making it easy to pour. And the addition of the glass knob makes it possible for you to check the coffee when it percolates. Last but not least, it can serves up to 9 cups of coffee at once.
- This 9 Cup Stainless Steel Percolator can serve up to 9 cups at once
- It is light in weight and durable in life
- It gets hot quickly
- It includes basket and percolator stem
- The Insulating Hardwood Handle allows you to handle it with hand easily
- The easy pour spout is included.
- It has a learning curve
- It is flimsy in design.
Like the Coleman 9-Cup Aluminum Coffee Pot, this is an ideal choice for both home using and camping. It is designed in traditional way, making it look fine in any setting.
It is made of stainless steel, so durability is one of its strength. But that’s not all; it offers a guarantee of quality. In term of design, it has an angled spout, making it possible to fill your cup to the rim and claiming easy pouring also.
- This machine gives you chance to enjoy traditionally brewed coffee
- It promises to always give connoisseur-quality coffee and can perform well at home
- It is durable thanks to the material of stainless steel
- It is easy to clean and easy pouring
- It looks fine in any settings
- Quality assurance is given
- It allows you to brew up to eight cups of coffee with just a single setting and operates fine while camping
- The plastic handle helps to keep your fingers cool while pouring hot cups.
- The Knob get fogged easily
- It is tough to read the water markings
- The parts made of plastic can melt easily once there is too much heat.
This is one more worth-trying coffee maker for camping. It claims to offer the best and coffee while you are away for camping or tailgating with ease.
Unlike some other models, this unit does not come with stove for storage, instead, it has a propane power which can play roles of all stove, cords and percolator. About operation, it takes just 15 minutes to brew carafe (10 cups) for group of people.
- It is easy to use and light and portable to bring long away
- It is able to offer up to 10 cups each brewing
- It is simple to clean up thanks to the removable filter basket and safety to dishwasher
- It offers a long warranty of three year
- It is a perfect choice for camping, hunting, or any other outdoor occasions.
- The carafe is not able to keep coffee warm
- It takes quite long time to brew
- The is not always fine working.
[el573203775c2a4 imgalt=”The Original Bialetti Moka Express Made in Italy 12-Cup” imgurl=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61IsqrePghL._SX425_.jpg” asin=”B000FDL588″]This is one more ideal choice that you really should consider before go on a camping. It is made of aluminum, making it durable in long life and reliable in quality. About capacity, it is able to serve up to12 demitasse ( 2 ounces) cups of rich each brewing and with the time between 4 and 5 minutes.
- It can give up to 12 cups of rich a brewing in as little as 5 minutes
- It is durable for being made of high quality polished aluminum
- It looks nice in classic Bialetti Octagon shape
- It is easy to clean and disassemble
- It comes with a 2-Year-Warranty.
- It may seem a bit expensive
In short, 5 best camping coffee makers above are all the most preferable items on Amazon. Each of them has its own strength and weakness, but in general, they all promise nice resulting coffee and fine performance and using convenience.
So what are your further special requirements? Ask yourself, then refer some items to have the best choice in the end. Good luck to you!