Are you looking for a good coffee maker for your upcoming camping trips?
You’ve come to the right place!
Here we will give you short but clear reviews about the 5 most preferable coffee makers on the markets at the moment, and tip to choose the best Camping Coffee Maker for yourself as well.
Introduction To Camping Coffee
How do you think about having nice cups of coffee to enjoy even when you are away from your house, when you are in a camping, I mean? This used to seem to be impossible, but now, Camping coffee makers have made this true.
Rather than the advantages of portability allowing you to take it wherever you want, the machine claims to provide you as nice coffee as a high-quality home or office coffee maker does. So let’s consider five most voted items below, you might find an ideal item for yourself.
Top 9 Camping Coffee Makers
This is the first coffee maker I would like to introduce you due to the excellences it offers. It comes with two or three-burner camp stoves, making sure that you never miss your favorite coffee under any conditions, camping or tailgating, indoors or outdoors, so on. It allows you to adjust the strength and flavor to your desire, yeah, in the same way as you can do with a brewer at home.
Also, it allows you to steep the coffee between the process with the brew-pause option. It is also quiet while running, making sure that your campmates can be in their deep sleep while you are brewing in the morning.
- This is an ideal choice for family group camping
- It has pause option, allowing you to enjoy the coffee in the middle of the process
- It has a removable filter basket
- It doesn’t require electricity to run
- It comes with 2 to 3 burner camp stoves
- It can makes up to ten cups at once
- It is flexible to use, it means that you can make coffee, teo or hot chocolate with just one machine.
- It is class carafe
- It is quite heavy.
This Coleman 9-Cup Aluminum Coffee Pot is not only perfect for the campsite, but also for the picnic and at home. It is made of long-lasting and heavy-free aluminum.
The inside coffee pot is resistant to rust and simple to clean. Plus, it comes with a bail handle, making it easy to pour. And the addition of the glass knob makes it possible for you to check the coffee when it percolates. Last but not least, it can serves up to 9 cups of coffee at once.
- This 9 Cup Stainless Steel Percolator can serve up to 9 cups at once
- It is light in weight and durable in life
- It gets hot quickly
- It includes basket and percolator stem
- The Insulating Hardwood Handle allows you to handle it with hand easily
- The easy pour spout is included.
- It has a learning curve
- It is flimsy in design.
Like the Coleman 9-Cup Aluminum Coffee Pot, this is an ideal choice for both home using and camping. It is designed in traditional way, making it look fine in any setting.
It is made of stainless steel, so durability is one of its strength. But that’s not all; it offers a guarantee of quality. In term of design, it has an angled spout, making it possible to fill your cup to the rim and claiming easy pouring also.
- This machine gives you chance to enjoy traditionally brewed coffee
- It promises to always give connoisseur-quality coffee and can perform well at home
- It is durable thanks to the material of stainless steel
- It is easy to clean and easy pouring
- It looks fine in any settings
- Quality assurance is given
- It allows you to brew up to eight cups of coffee with just a single setting and operates fine while camping
- The plastic handle helps to keep your fingers cool while pouring hot cups.
- The Knob get fogged easily
- It is tough to read the water markings
- The parts made of plastic can melt easily once there is too much heat.
This is one more worth-trying coffee maker for camping. It claims to offer the best and coffee while you are away for camping or tailgating with ease.
Unlike some other models, this unit does not come with stove for storage, instead, it has a propane power which can play roles of all stove, cords and percolator. About operation, it takes just 15 minutes to brew carafe (10 cups) for group of people.
- It is easy to use and light and portable to bring long away
- It is able to offer up to 10 cups each brewing
- It is simple to clean up thanks to the removable filter basket and safety to dishwasher
- It offers a long warranty of three year
- It is a perfect choice for camping, hunting, or any other outdoor occasions.
- The carafe is not able to keep coffee warm
- It takes quite long time to brew
- The is not always fine working.
[el573203775c2a4 imgalt=”The Original Bialetti Moka Express Made in Italy 12-Cup” imgurl=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61IsqrePghL._SX425_.jpg” asin=”B000FDL588″]This is one more ideal choice that you really should consider before go on a camping. It is made of aluminum, making it durable in long life and reliable in quality. About capacity, it is able to serve up to12 demitasse ( 2 ounces) cups of rich each brewing and with the time between 4 and 5 minutes.
- It can give up to 12 cups of rich a brewing in as little as 5 minutes
- It is durable for being made of high quality polished aluminum
- It looks nice in classic Bialetti Octagon shape
- It is easy to clean and disassemble
- It comes with a 2-Year-Warranty.
- It may seem a bit expensive
6) Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy
The Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew buddy is a great coffee maker/cup for camping and generally being on the go. It’s just a simple top that fits over any standard mug. The top contains a fine polyester mesh that you place coffee grounds in.
A wide brim means you can fit the Brew Buddy on really any mug – even the oversize mugs we use to really indulge in a giant serving of coffee.
It can hold up to 4 scoops of coffee if you prefer a double strength cup.
Then you just pour water over the coffee, wetting the grounds as evenly as you can, and then either leave the filter in for a while to let the grounds steep a little more, or remove the filter and enjoy your cup!
The shortest amount of time you can brew a cup in with this is just 30 seconds(provided you have hot water, of course). It is better to steep the coffee for a more flavorful brew, though. Try steeping for different times and seeing the flavor differences to dial it in to your taste.
You can also experiment with the size of the grounds you use. Don’t go too fine, as that may leak through the mesh, but a medium-fine grind should be very good.
The mesh filter is reusable and easy to wash and if you take good care of it this camping coffee maker can last you for years and years. One potential drawback is having to get some of the residue out by hand(unless you’re using it at home with a dishwasher, which you can wash it in).
You can’t really dump out all of the gunk and expect it to be super clean right away.
It’s so small that it’s really easy to carry around and take with you wherever you go.
- Brews a single cup of coffee to any desired strength, in as little as 30 seconds
- Economical, reusable fine mesh filter can accommodate your favorite coffee grind
- Fits most cups and mugs, and fully portable so you can take it with you anywhere. Perfect for camping
- Exclusive coffee accessory design you won't find anywhere else
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean, so you can use it every day
7) Presto MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker for K-Cups
Presto’s MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker is an amazingly portable machine you can use to brew a single serving of coffee – which makes it perfect for camping.
The top part of the coffee maker detaches, so you can either fill it with water up to the levels marked on it and pop it in the microwave, or you can fill it with hot water.
Your favorite K-Cup(coffee, tea, hot chocolate, what have you) fits into the bottom and that screws into the top. Then place the whole device over your favorite coffee mug and pump!
The pressure from pumping will force water through the K-Cup at a higher pressure that normal and brew you some really nice single serve coffee.
You can take this little machine anywhere – which is why it made our list of camping coffee makers. It’s also good for RVs, hotels, and even at home if you love your K Cups but don’t want to buy a big Keurig machine.
Aside from K Cups, you can also use the included pod and fill it with your favorite coffee grounds for even fresher coffee. However, the reusable pod in the MyJo is not the same as Keurig’s reusable pod, so if you end up breaking it, you’ll have to get your replacement from Presto and not from Keurig.
In some cases, the reusable cup is almost as expensive to replace than the entire coffee maker itself!
Still, the Presto is an awesome little machine to have and you can brew 6, 8, or 10 ounce servings of coffee from it.
Note: Some users have reported that that during the first use, no water comes out of the top reservoir. There is a little silicone valve in the top reservoir that has a little slit in it. During manufacturing, either this slit is not open enough(in which case just pinch it open) or the slit is just not there, in which case, take a sharp knife and make a small slit.
- The convenience of a single cup coffee maker without the high cost!
- Compact design lets you take it anywhere - home, work, school, travel or camping
- Heat water, Fill reservoir with hot water from tea kettle or place filled reservoir in microwave and heat
- Assemble, place K-Cup pack in base, attach the water reservoir and pump; brew and enjoy!
- Place assembled Coffee maker on top of your favorite Coffee Mug or cup and pump water through K-Cup pack to brew
8) GSI Outdoors Collapsible Java Drip
The GSI Outdoors collapsible Java drip is a really good coffee maker for camping if you enjoy drip coffee. Essentially, it’s a little rubber disc that expands into a full funnel in which you place a paper filter into.
Then just fill the filter with coffee grounds, and pour over hot water to brew some really good drip coffee.
What’s really neat is that it expands into 4 different sizes to fit 4 sizes of paper filters so you can adjust it to the amount of coffee you need to brew.
The disc is quite wide and can easily fit on your favorite coffee mug or travel mug, too(it has a diameter of 5.6 inches).
It’s also super easy to clean since you literally just need to rinse it and you’re good to go.
If you’re short on space, this is a great option to take along with you – however, you will need to carry paper filters with you too. Paper filters don’t take up much space or have much weight, but it’s just an extra thing to dispose of.
This won’t be a problem at proper campsites or in RVs, but if you’re out in the wilderness, you’ll have to dump the paper. It’s fully biodegradable, though, so it should not be a huge issue.
The hole in the disc is quite tiny so it has quite a slow flow rate. It will take a while to get the desired amount of coffee in your cup. To remedy this, you can either slightly widen the hole or poke a second one for faster water flow.
Otherwise, it’s superbly portable and a great coffee maker for camping coffee.
- 4 Filter capacity brews 1-12 cups of coffee
- Collapsible silicone bellows design expands from 1-Inch high, 5.6-Inch diameter disc to a sturdy, full height drip cone
- Unique, fit-ring design centers drip cone over mugs, cups and wide mouth water bottles for stable spill free brewing
- Weight 4.8-Ounce
- Includes collapsible 4 drip cone, snap-on cover
9) WACAO Minipresso GR Coffee Machine – great for travel and camping
The WACAO minipresso makes our list because it is designed specifically for making an espresso shot on the go. If you prefer an intense shot of espresso rather than regular coffee, this coffee maker is for you.
The beauty of this machine is that there are no electronics involved – the whole thing is operated by hand, and you generate pressure by the semi-automatic piston.
You just have to open it up, pour in some ground coffee(your choice of bean/roast, just make sure the grind is fine, as required for espresso), pour in hot water, pump a few times to get the required pressure, and presto! Enjoy a delicious espresso shot with a thick, foamy crema on top.
There is also an option to get a larger tank so you can pull a bigger shot in one go. The existing tank is very small, just 1.75 ounces, enough for a single shot of espresso.
It’s small size and ease of use make the Minipresso an amazing espresso maker for camping and for when you’re generally short on space. You’ll just need a source of hot water as a coffee machine so portable will naturally not be able to heat water.
- COMPACT & FEATHERWEIGHT - Whether you're going away for few hours or few weeks, space and weight are major factors when selecting your travel equipment. Minipresso has been designed to be the smallest, lightest and most versatile handheld espresso machine.
- INNOVATIVE & POWERFUL - Minipresso's ease of use is derived from it's innovative design. With the help of the semi-automatic piston, small quantities of water are injected into the coffee adapter. After a few pushes, the optimal extraction pressure is achieved and a rich and bold espresso is extracted
- CONVENIENT & EVOLUTIVE - Minipresso doesn't require compressed air, N2O cartridges or electricity for its operation. Hand operated, you are free to prepare coffee drinks that you love. Water tanks of different capacities are available so you can enjoy multiple espresso types, ranging from ristretto to caffè lungo
- EFFICIENT & EASY TO USE - Besides being aesthetically pleasant with its modern and slick design, Minipresso contains an ingenious core, the semi-automatic piston. Unlock it from its carrying position and press it at will to control the amount of extracted coffee
- ACCESSORIES - Enhance your Minipresso GR to get the most from it. Enjoy longer espresso, up to 100ml, and protect it from scratches.
Camping Coffee Maker Buying Guide
Before coming in details about specific coffee maker for camping, you should be sure about the things you are looking for in it. In general, ask yourself some questions: you want the machine to offer the lightest weight or the best flavor, or a mix of both?
You want it to be the most portable or the easiest to use?
Some of the models we’ve listed above will require an external heat source, one which is readily available on most campsites if you make a campfire. Or you could also use a propane stove, if you’ve brought one along.
One of the machines listed above has a small propane tank built into it, but then, you’re saddled with the additional weight. I mean, I would not want something so heavy that it becomes a hassle to carry in my backpack.
But if you’re driving an RV into the mountains and camping there, and you have lots of storage space and no need to worry about carrying weight, you can opt for a heavier coffee maker.
In fact, if weight is not a concern, why not bring along your coffee grinder, too?
Below is a quick look at camping coffee maker types.
Percolator coffee makers are traditional brewing which simply require you to boil water and add the grounds. Typically, a percolator machine is a metal pot having a basket inside where you fill in the grounds. Then it bubbles up into the grinds once the water below gets boiled. The whole process lasts almost three minutes and results in a rough flavor.
2. French Press
French Presses are highly appreciated for the using ease but complex cleaning up. To make coffee with this machine, you simply place the grounds to the container’s bottom, pour water, and let it steep.
When you want to enjoy the coffee, press down the plunger-screen to separate the grounds and water to pour the coffee into a cup. The French presses coffee has a distinct murky flavor which some drinker are addicted.
3. Pour-Over Style Drip
This is a simple but refined method for morning coffee. The brewing process includes hand grinding, water temperature measuring (using a thermometer) and counting the time the water is in contact with the grounds. The result coffee are satisfying without much fuss. In term of design, it is basically a filter and a cone only, so it is easily portable.
4. Gas Grill Coffee Maker
The great Coleman Camping Coffee Maker is an example of this type. Basically, these machines are like pots in your kitchen counter which require only grill or fuel canisters to operate. And they also result in a full pot. Machines of this type are bulky and quite costly, but they can serve groups of people, and share the most common things with a standard coffee maker at home.
How to brew great coffee no matter where you are
Brewing good coffee depends on your brewing equipment, but you can brew great coffee without a coffee maker, too.
You can’t, however, brew good coffee with bad coffee beans or the wrong kinds of grounds.
Great coffee needs three things:
- Fresh coffee beans: Older coffee beans just can’t compare to freshly roasted beans. Try to use beans that are as fresh as possible and you’ll instantly notice the difference in coffee. Also make sure you are using the right kind of roast and blend that suits your taste buds.
- The right grind: Depending on your brewing method, the right grind is critical for good coffee. You can’t brew good espresso with coarse grounds and you can’t brew good french press with superfine grounds.
- Water temperature: Boiling water can burn coffee and bring out the bitter and sour compounds too quickly, rather than unlocking the right oils and flavor compounds.
In short, 5 best camping coffee makers above are all the most preferable items on Amazon. Each of them has its own strength and weakness, but in general, they all promise nice resulting coffee and fine performance and using convenience.
So what are your further special requirements? Ask yourself, then refer some items to have the best choice in the end. Good luck to you!
Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API