There is a feeling behind owning an espresso machine. There is a sense of prestige, luxury and wealth that comes with saying, “I own an espresso machine.”
Moreover, this feeling is heightened even more when the espresso machine is a super-automatic espresso machine.
These machines are considered the elite of the espresso machine industry due to their numerous automated features and benefits. While these machines can cost thousands, due to the extensive features, there are also many super automatic espresso machines under $1000.
After surveying dozens of super automatic espresso machines and reviews, we have comprised a list of the best of the best. While a few machines may be over the $1000, we have done our best to include numerous different super automatic espresso machines for all budgets.
What are Super Automatic Espresso Machines?
Have you ever wondered if there was a machine that can virtually almost do anything? Well, for the espresso industry, it would be a super automatic machine. These machines are built for your convenience.
In order to minimize your efforts, these machines are designed to grind, tamp, brew, extract, steam and froth every single espresso shot. Now, this is simply just the beginning of the list of features of these machines. Without question, these machines are known to produce the most consistent shots of espresso with the highest level of preference and customizability.
Have you ever dreamt of brewing a cup of espresso at the touch of your fingertips? Have you ever dreamt of brewing a cup of espresso from your cell-phone?
Don’t doubt Super Automatic Espresso Machines – they are your virtual coffee and espresso-making friend.
Naturally, this does make super automatic espresso machines the machine of preference for all espresso lovers. Semi-automatic and manual machines will have their fan-bases; however, many often wish to reach the status of a super automatic espresso machine.
Due to all of the features and automated abilities, these machines do tend to reach thousands of dollars. Though, as mentioned before, there are a bunch of super automatic espresso machines under $1000. Let’s take a look at the top-rated Super Automatic Espresso Machines available on the market right now.
Price: Under $1000
1) DeLonghi ESAM 3300 Magnifica
When you want to buy a high quality super automatic espresso machine under $1000, you need to look at Italy. Reigning as one of the Kings of the industry, DeLonghi produced one of the finest machinery in the entire industry with the ESAM 3300 Magnifica.
This beast is pristine and an aesthetic masterpiece. This can stand with the greatest on the top-rated list and produce some of the best cups of espresso of all of the machines. Without further ado, let’s look at these features.
- Every user wants a machine that is customizable. This machine comes with a high-quality front control panel that gives the user power of their espresso desires. Whether you want your shots stronger or weaker, the choice is yours on the control panel.
- With a bean-to-brew system, there is no effort or delay in time on your behalf when brewing your cup of coffee or espresso. This machine will do all of the work for you at the coarseness of your preference. With a quiet burr grinder, your shots will be a full-bodied shot.
- With stainless-steel boilers, each shot will always be accurately heated. You will never need to worry about missing an extraction or pulling a shot because this machine comes with an instant-reheat function. Your espresso shots will be perfect all the time.
- If you did not know, every DeLonhi machine comes with the infamous “Cappuccino System.” This is perfect to create the DeLonghi steamed milk or froth that many espresso makers spend hundreds, if not thousands, for.
2) Gaggia Anima Deluxe Coffee and Espresso Maker
If you have not heard of a Gaggia machine before – you should know a secret: this brand is stellar and five-star worthy. Known for their impressive espresso machines and amazing frothing systems, Gaggia has nagged two spots on the Top-Rated list.
With an impressive line-up of features and a beautiful exterior, this piece of machinery is perfect for any kitchen. Let’s take a peek into the features of this top-rated espresso machine under $1000.
- All espresso-lovers prefer a machine that has customizability options. With the Gaggia Anima Deluxe, the user has full control over different brewing options. Whether you are seeking an espresso or lungo – your shots will always be perfect.
- With a built-in auto-frothing feature, all of your milk-based drinks will be made with the richest and creamiest froth you can imagine.
- With many other super automatic espresso machines, the hopper and water tank are often hard to access and can become a hassle. With a removable 60 ounce water tank and easy accessible hopper, this machine is extremely easy-to-use and function with.
- One bonus feature is temperature control. The user will have full control over the temperature of the espresso shot. Many machines often only allow for one temperature.
3) Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine
When it comes to Super Automatic Espresso Machines under $1000, this is nearly a steal for all espresso lovers. With the benefits and features of more expensive machines, the Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine is cheaper than you are probably thinking.
Not only this, but it also a brand name, Gaggia. Gaggia is famous in the espresso industry and a trustworthy company to invest your money with. Let’s take a look at some of the features of this machine.
- This machine comes equipped with a Pannarello wand, which is one of the best frothing and steaming wands in the industry. Not only this, but it can also be used to generate hot water for tea and americanos.
- This machine was built for convenience and ease of use. Any user who has bought this machine can claim how easy the machine was to access and learn. With a user-friendly display with push button controls and an LED display, this is a treat for any espresso lover.
- One of the purposes of a super automatic espresso machine is to cut-down the time waiting for machines to brew or war up. With rapid steam technology, the Gaggia Brera is built for quick heat up times and brewing.
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
- MAINTENANCE: De'Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly.
- Utilize De'Longhi's specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine at 866-528-8323 (LatteBest)
Price range: Above $1000
4) Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center
It’s hard to say that there is a better espresso machine than the Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center. The truth is, there is not. This espresso machine is pure bliss for the espresso lover. If you love espresso, this machine is for you.
Build with some of the highest class features and materials – this beautiful masterpiece is the crown to your countertop. It’s list of features include:
- Purchasing this machine gives you an option between Piano Black and Aluminum. Many machines often don’t provide a variety in looks but Jura understands that everyone prefers different looks.
- This is easily the FASTEST machine in the industry. With two ceramic disc grinders, this machine will not only quickly create the perfect cup of espresso, it will also do so quieter than a mouse.
- With a TFT display system, you can create a LIST of all different specialty coffees that you probably have dreamt to make at home. In fact, there are over 17 different specialties options! Can you imagine the variety on one single machine? How powerful is that!
- Due to the two grinders that the machine has alongside two heating system, the machine literally will prepare the grounds and the espresso to near perfection. If perfection did not exist yet – this machine just redefined the closest thing to it.
- You never have to fear your machine getting too hot. The machine was built with an automatic system to remove the heat through adjustable Venti Ports. You can consider this the machine’s personal ventilation system.
- The Jura is meant to make every owner a true an authentic barista. Built with over 12 specialty recipes in the Rotary Switch, you can learn through pictures and text how to make the perfect cup of espresso.
- The last feature you can’t forget about is the absolute beautiful design of this machine. It is probably one of most beautiful pieces of machinery that can ever hug a countertop. That is, until you graduate to the next level of Jura, the Jura Giga X7 Professional.
5) DeLonghi ECAM28465 Prima Donna Fully Automatic
There is a reason why there are multiple DeLonghi’s on this list – and this machine is going to make it a whole lot better. The Prima Donna Fully Automatic Espresso Machine is a blessing to look at and use.
With Latte Crema System, a sleek and beautiful design, and a massive 2 Liter Water tank, this is the crème de la crème of DeLonghi. For more, let’s look at their impressive list of features.
- The machine comes built with the DeLonghi patented Single Touch Latte Creama system. This is the feature that is responsible for producing the absolute perfect shot or cup of cappuccino. Built into this feature is an automatic cleaning function. This is meant to do more work than the actual user during the cleaning process of the machine.
- What is better than a single-shot brewing cycle? How about a twin-shot brew system? This machine will allow the user to create two different perfect creama shots of espresso at the same time.
- One of the biggest selling features of this machine is the beautiful touch control panel. With over 18 languages, this institutive feature is just awaiting your first direction. Don’t wait any longer!
6) Jura Impressa J9 One Touch TFT Coffee Machine
Could you ever go wrong with a Jura espresso machine? I think not. Jura is sort-of in its own tier in the game. You truly can not compare the Jura Impressa J9 One Touch with the DeLonghi ECAM28465 – this machine comes with some of the finest features and designs to match its hefty price tag.
Known as one of the greatest and top-rated machines, let’s take a look at what makes this machine so special.
- What makes this machine so special is its beautiful TFT display with Rotary Selection. The whole idea behind this is intuitive operation. In fact, once the machine learns your drink of choice, all you will need to do is press the button once and the magic machine does the rest.
- With an adjustable spout, you will be able to decide the size of your drink that you are going to have. This is a nice feature that many super automatic machines do not often talk about or market.
- Jura has developed one of the best foam and steamed processes in the industry. With fine foam technology – this machine provides you with genuine and authentic foam that will make you wanting more.
- As you may know, grinders are one of the most important facets of a delicious shot of espresso. With an impressive six-level, conical grinder – every single granular of coffee is going to be ground into your desired level of fineness.
- If you are to purchase this machine, you will also get the luxury of a stainless-steel vacuum milk container.
Last update on 2018-07-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API