Those who love a perfect espresso are always looking for the best prosumer espresso machines on the market. Prosumer espresso machines are a step above typical home espresso machines, as these are professional-grade machines that are designed for home use.
For serious espresso lovers who want to level up their home coffee bars and transition into prosumers, the following machines are definitely worth checking out.
Best Prosumer Espresso Machines: 6 picks for serious coffee
1. Gevi Prosumer Espresso Machine
Some prosumer espresso machines can look incredibly complicated, but the best espresso machines do not necessarily have to be. If you want something a little simpler, more streamlined, and budget-friendlier, be sure to take a look at the Gevi Espresso machine.
The Gevi Espresso Machine comes with 15-bar standard pressure, which is an essential for the best espresso. However, one of the features that stood out to us immediately is the double temperature control system.
While the Gevi may look a little simpler than other prosumer machines, do not let the simple look fool you, because there is a lot of functionality behind its simple look.
The double temperature control enables you to brew coffee at an ideal 95 degrees Celsius, while the wand gives you 100 degrees celsius, enabling you to get the best milk foam. In short, good pressure and a powerful milk wand makes all the difference here.
Please note that the stainless steel Gevi is a semi-automatic espresso machine; this means that some manual actions are required, like grinding, tamping, and steaming milk.
That being said, some of the best prosumer espresso machines are semi-automatic, so if you want to learn or already have the skill, the Gevi should be on top of your list.
- ✔【DIFFERENT FLAVORS OF COFFEE】: Semi-automatic 2-In-1 Espresso coffee maker with milk wand, whatever your preference, choose your strength with classic Espresso, cappuccino, or producing steam to heat liquids or beverage. The steam wand can be used to make hot beverages like drinking chocolate, water or tea.
- ✔【15 BAR PRESSURE SYSTEM】: With the professional pressure pump, water pressure instantly through the coffee powder, which is ensure the high quality of espresso every time. 15 bar high pressure extraction makes espresso more fragrant and rich in crema.
- ✔【DOUBLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】: Adjust the temperature of water and milk foam respectively, so that the taste of coffee and milk foam can reach the ideal state. Observe the espresso machine temperature at any time with the thermometer. After preheating, the observed temperature pointer points to the proper temperature, then press the extraction button when the temperature reaches.
- ✔【FROTHING WAND】: Frothing milk for cappuccino and latte by hot steam wand. You can turn the side rotating button to adjust the steam release and control the milk foam. The professional frothing wand mixes steam and milk in order to create a rich, dense and creamy froth for every drink.
- ✔【PROMISE & SERVICE】: Consumers will get TWO-YEAR warranty of this Espresso Machine. If you have any suggestion or problem of this machine, please feel free to contact with us, we will give you the best solution as soon as possible.
2. Philips 3200 Series Espresso Machine
If you prefer a fully automatic espresso machine, the Philips 3200 series should be a consideration too. While it is considerably more expensive than the Gevi espresso machine, it does have some automatic features that can make your life a whole lot easier.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
With the Philips 3200 Series, you can make up to five different aromatic coffees without any effort. From pure espresso to milk-based recipes, the Philips 3200 Series seems to cater to all personal preferences.
One of our favorite things about the Philips 3200 Series is the user-friendly touch display. The display gives you a choice of different coffee recipes, so you can automatically create your favorite recipe with your choice of strength and even quantity.
Another amazing feature of the Philips 3200 series is the automatic grinder, so you do not need to manually grind your coffee beans before you place them in your espresso machine. And, since the machine is made with 100% ceramic grinders with an average lifespan of 20.000 cups, it is well-worth the investment.
The last feature we absolutely have to mention with the Philips 3200 Series is the AquaClean filter. That’s right, this machine has a filter that ensures only purified water is used to crease your espresso. And the best thing of all? You do not have to worry about descaling and can replace the filter whenever you need to! It does not get more functional than that!
- Enjoy 5 coffees
- Intuitive touch display
- 12-Step grinder adjustment
- 20, 000 cups of finest Coffee with durable ceramic grinders
- Keep your beans fresh for Longer thanks to the aroma seal
3. Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
The Rancilio looks so amazing and professional, we cannot believe our eyes! If you always wanted a professional looking espresso machine in your home, with the powerful functions to back it up, you cannot go wrong with this option.
If you are familiar with the Rancilio brand, you already know that this espresso machine also comes in commercial format. The manufacturer creates these machines for coffee shops around the world, albeit with slightly different components. This espresso machine is one of the best around for homes though, as it is based on the commercial design from the Rancilio brand.
The Rancilio Silvia is made from durable stainless steel, protecting the outer housing of the espresso machine against common types of damage. It also makes it look smart, professional, and streamlines, which is all we can really ask for where design is concerned.
With the Rancilio Silvia, you can also expect an impressive articulating steam wand. As this steam wand is moveable, it ensures a full range of motion to create more elaborate espresso recipes. Some of the best coffee recipes require more innovation, and the articulating steam want is a perfect tool to contribute to that innovation.
Interestingly, the Rancilio Silvia also comes with a commercial grade group head. This component basically gives you extraordinary heat stability and the best extraction, which is vital for delicate coffee recipes!
Consumers should also be aware that there is an pod and capsule adaptor kit available for the Rancilio Silvia. So, even with this professional machine in your kitchen, you can still enjoy the convenience of pod coffee. How great is that?
- Ergonomic porta filter handle same as the proven design of Rancilio commercial machines
- Commercial grade group head for superb heat stability and extraction quality
- Articulating steam wand offers complete range of motion and professional steaming knob precisely controls steaming pressure
- Classic linear design fits most decors
- Optional pod and capsule adaptor kit available
4. Breville The Barista Express Espresso Machine
When it comes down to finding the best machine made from stainless steel and packed with features to make your life easier, the brand name Breville needs to be a part of the conversation. Breville makes some of the best coffee machines, and this is certainly the case for their prosumer the Breville Barista Express.
As mentioned briefly already, the Barista Express is made from durable stainless steel, ensuring a lengthy lifespan for your machine. Of course, you can also count on professional and rich coffee flavors thank to the quality design features throughout.
For the Barista Express, Breville paid extra attention to water temperature. Thanks to a digital water temperature control, you can ensure the best coffee extraction for your recipe. Not every prosumer espresso machine allows for detailed temperature selection, so this is a feature that makes the Barista Express stand out from the competition.
That being said, there are more special features that make the Breville Barista Express one of the best investments out there. In fact, this machine allows you to control not only the dose of freshly ground coffee, you also have the ultimate control of grind size through a small button on the front of this machine.
You might think it cannot get better than this, but you would be wrong. Despite all the advanced features, Breville also provides one of the best steam wands for micro foam. If you love to experiment with micro foam and textures, then this is the icing on the cake.
Surprisingly, the Breville Barista is not one of the most expensive machines! With all those advanced features, you would expect a really high price to accompany the product. Fortunately, this is not the case, as the price for this machine is lower to mid-range where expense is concerned.
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk texturing: The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- Hands free operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
5. Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine
We have to admit, sometimes we like a lovely futuristic design for our coffee machines. Since we could not resist finding a modern and futuristic design made from durable stainless steel, we came across one of the lesser known brands. However, we received a lovely surprise when we encountered the Nuova Simonelli Oscar II.
The Nuova Simonelli has a delightfully futuristic look in stainless steel, but his machine is much more than its look alone. The second version of the Nuova Simonelli comes with an upgraded ergonomic steam lever, timed dosage features and a brand-new steam wand design. Add to that a professional group head and copper boiler, and you have the kind of futuristic coffee machines.
Once we took a closer look at the Nuova Simonelli brand, we actually got some more surprises. The brand has a couple of coffee machines on the market today, and each of them sports a unique and incredibly beautiful design.
Some of the advanced versions are a little higher where price is concerned, something we would expect from a coffee maker that looks like it was pulled from a futuristic movie. In fact, if you want to marvel at some of their designs, be sure to look at their Theresia model too.
The Theresia is a professional grade espresso machine, which might be a little out of the price range of most consumers. However, if you have the budget to spend, it should be on your to-watch list.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 16" x 12" x 16"
- Espresso Machine Type: Semi-Automatic
- Voltage: 110
- Water Source: Pour-Over
6. Delonghi EC680 M Espresso Machine
We adore a good Delonghi espresso machine, so this addition to the overview surprises nobody. Their simplistic yet effective designs, and coffee machines packed with features for the discernable consumer is as good as it gets.
The Delonghi comes with 15-bar of pressure, but is accompanied with adjustable controls; this enables you to make minor adjustments to your recipe settings to get a cup of coffee that matches your personal preferences in the best way possible.
As stated earlier, the design of most Delonghi coffee makers can look quite simple, but because of that simplicity, consumers do not always expect the amazing functionality that comes with these stainless steel masterpieces. One of our favorite features that is often missed with their EC680 M model is the manual milk frother feature.
Automatic milk frothing is great, but does it really give you that amount of control you need for those delicate recipes? Coffee lovers who are submerged in the coffee culture love to experiment with existing recipes and make them even greater! Playing with texture and creaminess is certainly a part of that, so a manual milk frother is almost a must.
Another major benefit of the Delonghi option is its stainless steel design. The coffee maker is built for durability, but also to fit into smaller kitchens. Since our kitchens are getting smaller, there is less room for professional-grade coffee makers. Delonghi kept this into account for the EC680 M, bringing this more compact coffee maker on the market.
Those who like to experiment with coffee recipes will find this final feature incredibly interesting too. The Delonghi coffee maker does not solely focus on regular cups and shots of espresso, it accommodates for smaller amounts. So, if you are testing the water with different combinations, this coffee maker accommodates for that perfectly.
Do not worry though, because this espresso machine can handle taller cups too. It comes with a double drip tray, enabling you to adjust according to the size of your cups. So, if you are making a creating in a latte glass, that will not be a problem for the Delonghi.
Finally, we also recommend the Delonghi for those who are just starting creating their own coffee recipes at home. Compared to other designs, the Delonghi is the most beginner-friendly, mainly by dispensing the right amount of espresso for your recipe. In conclusion, the Delonghi is a great choice for beginners as well as experienced coffee lovers. So, why not grab some of your favorite recipes and experiment to your heart’s content?
- Brew like a pro: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffee house.
- Your foam, your way: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.Input power (W): 1300
- One espresso shot or two? The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has a holder for one espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference.
- Accommodates taller cups: If you’d prefer a larger size beverage, no problem. The bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups. Removable water reservoir is available
- Sleek space-saving design: With a sleek profile, compact design and narrow footprint, each model fits beautifully on a kitchen countertop – without taking up too much space.
Conclusion: Choosing The Perfect Prosumer Espresso Machine
We provided you with plenty of options today, so we can appreciate that there so many potential espresso machines you can see yourself using inside your home. It is all about incorporating your household’s needs and preferences. If you like convenience, then an automatic option can be the better option for your home.
On the other hand, if you like a little more control, semi-automatic options can be the better option for the espresso lover.
Once you distinguish between automatic and semi-automatic, it is a good idea to look at budget and available space in your kitchen. With those additional selection criteria, you can narrow down the available espresso machines a bit further.
When you are down to only a handful of options, it is time to look at things such as user reviews and overall design. These last two selection criteria can make it much easier to make your decision among the final espresso machines that made your selection.
And, once you made your choice, all you have to do is enjoy the best cups of espresso your new machine can offer you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have some additional questions about the Prosumer espresso machine? Be sure to read through our frequently asked questions to get all your questions about this wonderful piece of equipment answered.
What Is A Prosumer Espresso Machine?
While we have recommended countless Prosumer Espresso Machines already, you might wonder what this machine really is. Aside from getting some really great examples, what exactly defines the Prosumer espresso machine?
Well, prosumer espresso machines are actually professional espresso machines, but designed for the home. They are quite similar to the professional equipment that create commercial espresso, only in a more compact package. So, if you wish to create commercial espresso from the convenience of your home, then taking a look at prosumer espresso machines is an excellent idea. You should also consider picking up some espresso accessories.
What Is The Recommended Pressure for A Professional Espresso Maker?
The absolute standard for a prosumer is 15-bar pressure; this is the type of pressure you need for a good espresso in the convenience of your own home. In addition to the pressure, you also want to pay attention to features such as temperature control and a milk wand.
Those looking for a prosumer tend to expect more from their espresso machine, so features certainly demand more attention for these products. If you want the get the best from your espresso machine, the functionality is in the smaller details.
Frequently asked questions
Why are prosumer espresso machines so expensive?
Prosumer machines are professional-grade machines that are designed for home use. The more robust brewing and steaming capability is why the price is so much higher!
Should I buy a prosumer espresso machine if I am new to espresso?
Prosumer machines are more geared towards people who are already highly invested in espresso. If you are just starting out, you may be better off with a budget machine until you decide you’re really serious and want to level up.
How much better will the espresso be from a prosumer machine?
After one point, espresso machines will give returns proportionate to the amount of care you put into the shot. To make good espresso with high-end machines like these, you need to know what you are doing.
Last update on 2020-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API