What's so special about Keurig?
Why is the discussion of the best Keurig coffee maker so relevant?
This coffee maker model offers a number of benefits that other models do not offer, including short brewing time, easy and convenient using and cleaning up, and a great combination of flavors: not only coffee flavors but also a ton of other kinds of beverages.
The Best Keurig Coffee Maker Reviewed
Below is a list of Keurig’s latest models. These all work with any kind of K-Cup and have all been released recently. They are also replacements for the earlier Keurig 2.0 models that were flops.
1. Keurig K-Select coffee maker(Best Keurig Coffee Maker overall)
If you’re looking for a mid-range coffee maker that does not break the bank but doesn’t cut back too much on functionality either, you should seriously consider the Keurig K-Select.
The 52 ounce water reservoir is more than large enough to accommodate even a very caffeine hungry breakfast troupe, as you can brew 5 10 ounce cups before needing to refill.
The Keurig K-Select can brew 4 sizes of coffee: 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounces for a large drink that will last you the entire way to work!
Additionally, Keurig has included a water filter that will prolong the life of the machine and help you brew better tasting coffee.
The K-Select works with all kinds of K-Cups including any reusable and refillable cups.
To brew coffee, you simply insert a K-Cup and use the button controls to select your brew size. There’s one extra button that you can push to pull a strong brew. It’s as simple as that!
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
In case you were wondering, the K-Select is a replacement for the older K-55.
Measurements: 12.5 H x 9.2 W x 11.6 D inches
- What’s in the box: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best.
- Brews multiple cup sizes: (6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Enjoy the most popular cup sizes all with quiet brew technology, minimizing noise during use.
- Strong brew: Kicks up your coffee’s strength and intensity. Programmable auto off
- Large 52 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 5 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and get fast & fresh brewed, delicious coffee in minutes.
2. Keurig K-Elite coffee maker
Keurig decided to be a little adventurous with the K-Elite as it’s the first Keurig coffee maker that can brew both hot and iced coffee. There’s no cooling function inside the machine, so you’re actually supposed to brew the iced coffee over a glass full of ice!
Still, the machine does make adjustments for water temperature and strength, so you end up with a pleasantly drinkable brew. Please bear in mind that all coffees have different flavor profiles and some will pair well with ice, while others won’t.
You can use any kind of K-Cup with the K-Elite, just like the K-Select you saw above.
The K-Elite also ships with a water filter. It has a strong brew option as well. At this point, you may be wondering if there is any real difference at all between the K-Elite and the K-Select.
The main differences are:
- The Keurig K-Elite has a 75 ounce water reservoir compared to the 52 ounce reservoir on the K-Select
- The K-Elite can brew 5 sizes of coffee compared to the K-Select’s 4 sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces
- The K-Elite has temperature control so you can make small adjustments to your final brew
Measurements: 13.1 H x 9.9 W x 12.7 D inches
- BREWS MULTIPLE CUP SIZES: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce enjoy the most popular cup sizes
- STRONG BREW BUTTON: Increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee’s flavor
- ICED SETTING: Brew hot over ice at the touch of a button for full-flavored, delicious iced coffee
- HOT WATER ON DEMAND BUTTON: Perfect for instant soups or oatmeal
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best
3. Keurig K-Duo coffee maker
The Keurig K-Duo is another really innovative step forward by Keurig and could almost unseat the K-Select for the title of best Keurig coffee maker were it not for the fact that this is slightly pricier.
While earlier models were locked into the Keurig ecosystem, the K-Duo is a fully functional 2 way coffee maker that can do both K-Cups and drip coffee.
So you essentially get two machines in one go. On one side, you have a K-cup single serve system, and on the other side, you have a drip system that can brew up to 12 cups of coffee.
The glass carafe sits on a warming plate(no thermal carafe sadly). Warming plates can overcook your coffee if you leave it on the warming plate for too long, so just keep that in mind.
What’s great about the drip side of the machine is that you can use paper filters and reusable filters. Most standard reusable filters will indeed fit in the Keurig K-Duo.
There is a single reservoir that supplies water to both sides of the machine. It has a capacity of 60 ounces. This means you can’t use both sides at once, but that’s not such a big deal.
The single serve function can brew 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounce cups. You also have the option to choose a strong brew.
Being able to brew drip coffee is a huge plus in my opinion as you can use freshly ground coffee for a really tasty brew. Drip coffee and Keurig coffee taste different and everyone has their own preference, so it’s very refreshing to see Keurig jump on the 2 way coffee maker bandwagon.
Measurements: 12.92H x 10.94W x 12.76D inches
- What’s in the box: 12-cup glass carafe included with your brewer along with a heating plate to keep coffee hot.
- Brew a cup and a carafe: Use both ground coffee and k-cup pods.
- Multiple brew sizes: Brew a 6, 8, 10, or 12-cup carafe and a 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup.
- Compatible with keurig gold tone mesh filter accessory: A reusable coffee filter you can use to brew your perfect carafe (sold separately).
- Large 60 ounce water reservoir: The 60 ounce water reservoir is shared between the single serve and carafe brewing, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
4. Keurig K-Cafe Coffee and Cappuccino Maker
Here’s where things get really interesting. Keurig is really trying to cover all their bases here, so the K-Cafe is there for cappuccino and latte lovers who still want to stick with Keurig.
While you can’t brew a proper espresso shot, the K-Cafe does brew a very concentrated coffee that mimics the flavor of espresso. You then add steamed milk to the coffee and you have a pretty decent cappuccino.
If you’re a fan of lattes, just steam a larger volume of milk.
Once you mix the coffee in the milk, the individual nuances of espresso aren’t as noticeable so you may not realize the difference anymore.
Of course, this is not a replacement for an espresso machine, as a proper espresso shot can only be pulled with the right amount of pressure.
As is standard with Keurig, everything works with the push of a button – no complex controls or settings to play around with.
To steam milk, you fill cold milk in the included steaming jug and put it into place. The machine will steam and froth the milk for you, and once you extract the concentrated coffee, just pour the milk into the coffee and enjoy.
If you don’t want a cappuccino or latte, you can make 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce servings.
A generous 60 ounce water reservoir supplies both the brewing and steaming side.
Could this be the best Keurig? Maybe, considering it is a marriage of both specialty milky coffees and classic Keurig brewing. Added to the fact that cappuccino K-Cups are generally terrible, this is a pretty sweet deal.
Measurements: 12.5 H X 15.3 W X 11.7 D inches
- Coffee, lattes & cappuccinos: Use any k-cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- Simple button controls: Just insert any k-cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- Large 60ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- Smart start: your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- Energy efficient: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
5. Keurig K-Classic
Last on our list of the best Keurig coffee maker models from the newer Keurig line is the Keurig K-Classic. The K-Classic is an entry-level model which is the least expensive of the lot.
Since it’s still the newer series of Keurigs, it’s not locked to any one particular type of K-Cup – you can use any kind you want.
Some features you’re sacrificing on are reservoir size, brew size, and strong brewing.
The reservoir is just 48 ounces.
The brew sizes are 6, 8, and 10 ounces. The K-Classic does not have the capacity to make the stronger 4 ounce brew nor the more generous 12 ounce brew.
Additionally, there’s no option for strength control, temperature control, or even for just dispensing hot water.
You can still use whatever K-Cup you like, so as long as your preferred beverage is in a K-Cup(like hot chocolate, apple cider, tea, or whatever you can find), the K-Classic can make it.
Do these shortcomings mean it is a bad machine? Not at all! It brews coffee just as well as any other machine, but you’re just missing out on some extra features.
Think: do you need the 12 ounce brew, a strong brew option, or a larger reservoir? If not, why not save some cash and pick up the K-Select? It’s especially good if you live alone or you’re just 2 people.
Worst case, when you have guests over, someone may have to wait a couple of extra minutes for their coffee, that’s all.
Measurements: 13.0 H x 9.8 W x 13.3 D inches
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
6. Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
Take one look at the Keurig K-Mini and you’ll instantly fall in love with this cute little machine.
The Keurig K-Mini is just 5 inches wide and perfect for really tight spaces. You can brew from 6 to 12 ounces in a single go, and the K-Mini is compatible with all Keurig K-Cups.
Since the machine is so small, the water reservoir capacity is just 12 ounces, which means you’ll have to refill before every brew.
The drip tray detaches so you can directly place a travel mug up to 7 inches tall for the machine to brew into.
To save energy the Keurig K-Mini will turn off automatically 90 seconds after the last brew if left unused.
If you’re single or you’re the only person who drinks Keurig in your household, this is the perfect coffee maker as it’s just so tiny!
- Fits anywhere: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- Travel mug friendly: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs upto 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup
- Energy efficient: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy.120V
- Compatible with the my k cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately)
- Included in the box: Keurig k mini single serve coffee maker
7. Keurig K145 OfficePRO Brewing System
The Keurig K145 OfficePRO brewing system is a great drink solution for small business. It allows you to brew your favorite beverage conveniently just by touching a button. And after no more than one minute, your favorite drink will be ready for you.
It is easy to run this coffee maker, so everyone can brew their preferred drink when they want. There is only one note, which is to consider your favorite K-cup.
There are more than 500 different kinds of coffees, tea, and iced beverage for you to choose, so never before brewing your preferred drink has been so easy like this. There is another item on the market working in the same way with this coffee maker, which is B145.
- This coffee maker gives you choice to choose among 3 different cup sizes (6 oz., 8 oz. and 10 oz.)
- It is easy to clean and get refilled with detachable 48 oz. water reservoir
- It is able to automatically turn off after 2 hours in use
- It is designed with heavy gauge materials to serve high volume use also
- It is not compatible with MY K-CUP
- Choice of 3 brewing cup size options (6, 8 and 10-ounces)
- 48-ounce removable water reservoir
- Heats and brews in less than one minute
- Energy Savings Mode - Auto Off
- Drainable internal hot water tank
8. Keurig K150 Household / Commercial Brewing System
The K150 Brewing System claims to offer you perfect cup of coffee and other beverages like hot cocoa, tea or iced beverage in less than one minute through the touch of a button only.
It is also easy to use, so everybody in your office can brew their preferred drink themselves. Also, it has an interactive touchscreen which allows you to adjust the brew temperature, Auto On/Off as well as language.
There are 3 languages for you to choose, namely, English, Spanish or French. Plus, it introduces five cup sizes choice, introduces a removable drip tray to keep travel mugs and a drainable interior hot water tank for. This product used to be called K150.
This machine is probably the best Keurig for office use, since the plumbed water supply means an endless supply of coffee.
- It offers 3 different choice of cup sizes, including 6 oz., 8 oz. and 10 oz.
- It is easy to clean and refill thanks to a detachable 90 oz. water reservoir
- You can also hook it up to a water line
- It is able to auto turn off after 2 hours
- It is designed with heavy gauge materials which serves high volume use
- Designed for small to medium sized businesses, and durably built to perform day in and day out, the k150 commercial coffee maker delivers beverages everyone will love
- Touch screen interface: Full color touch screen with adjustable brew temperature, programmable auto on/off settings, and you can walk through brewing instructions in three different languages
- Pour over water reservoir: Go big with the k150 with a 90 ounce, easy to fill, removable water reservoir, you can make upto 18 cups before refilling; Faster brewer speed
- Five brew sizes: choose from five different brew sizes: 4 ounce, 6 ounce, 8 ounce, 10 ounce, or 12 ounce From strong to milder brewed beverages; Because tastes differ
- Removable drip tray: The drip tray is designed for easy cleanup and versatility; It slides out of the way to accommodate travel mugs; Plus, it's dishwasher safe
9. Keurig K155 Commercial Brewing System
This is another perfect choice for small office and conference rooms. It will certainly be a a big hit to employees and guests. This amazing unit is able to give you a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa and iced beverage as well within less than one minute, and with the simplicity of touching a button.
So brewing your preferred beverage in one minute is possible to everyone. Plus, the fully programmable coffee maker introduces an interactive touchscreen which allows you to adjust brew temperature, auto on/off and install your favorite languages: you can choose English, French, or Spanish. Amazingly, the full packages introduces a bonus k-cup portion trail pack. This unit is also called B155.
- Beside the main product of 1 Keurig Brewer, the full package offers a bonus of 12-count K-cups.
- Its water reservoir is able to hold up to 90 ounces
- The touch screen interface are available with a wide range of colors
- The automatic shut-off is included
- It has a removable drip tray to deal with travel mug use.
- It requires under one minute and a button touching for both heating and brewing
- There are 4 brew size options for you to choose, including 4, 6, 8, and 10 ounces.
- It works best at 1,400 Watts, 120 VAC
- Styled to impress, this Keurig coffee maker offers the features that everyone will value
- Touch screen interface: An advanced full color touchscreen interface with adjustable brew temperature and programmable auto on/off settings
- Pour over water reservoir: With a 90 ounce, easy to fill, removable water reservoir, you can make upto 18 cups before refilling; Full color LCD touchscreen
- Four brew sizes: Choose from four different brew sizes : 4 ounce, 6 ounce, 8 ounce or 10 ounce from strong to milder brewed beverages; because tastes differ
- Drain and store: Only Keurig commercial coffee makers offer the option to easily drain and remove water from the internal hot water tank for transport and storage
More Keurig Information
Why Should We Choose Keurig?
Keurig is one of the leading brands in the world of single-cup coffee makers. It first appeared on the market in the 1990s, and has constantly improved. And below are some of benefits that you are going to enjoy when brewing coffee with a Keurig.
The speedy brewing is the first reason why Keurig are so attractive to users. Generally, Keurig machines can give you nice cup of coffee in less than a minute.
Every control is simply done with just a single button. Plus, your instant coffee will be left with no scorched tastes which often happen with other traditional coffeemakers.
Secondly, Keurig machines allow you to make a wide range of drinks beside coffee, including hot tea, cold tea, cappuccino, latte or hot chocolate. The latest models can even allow making iced coffee.
Thirdly, speaking about functionality, Keurig machines often come with removable reservoirs which allow refilling with the kitchen faucet.
Furthermore, they introduce cup size options, which allows you to choose your cup size and the beverage’s quality is always guaranteed to be the best.
Last but not least, most Keurig machines include a rinse cycle function which will automatically clean machine’s interior.
In other words, some of the advanced features that make Keurig coffee makers different from regular coffee makers are easy operation, various drinks and perfect functions.
But should I get a Keurig coffee maker?
That really depends! The main selling point of Keurig coffee makers is convenience. You can brew much better coffee using more traditional coffee makers like a french press, an Aeropress, a pour over, or even a good ol’ drip coffee machine.
But those good tasting brews require a bit of effort, and if you’re short on time and just need something that will brew a hot caffeine-infused cup in less than a minute, the Keurig is the way to go.
Keurig Coffee Maker Buyers Guide
You now see how Keurig coffee makers can be a wise coffee maker investment, but which Keurig coffee maker model is actually for you is still a question. So the part below will teach you what to consider to choose the best Keurig machine for yourself.
Coffee Maker Size
You want a machine which doesn’t occupying too much space in your kitchen, right? So please be sure about your counter space’s measurement so that you will choose the machine of right size.
Generally, a Keurig machine takes you less than one minutes to brew a cup of coffee, using hot water which is stored in a reservoir, but there are some models (for example the Mini Plus) have no a reservoir, which turns the brewing time into two or three minutes.
But this speed is still much quicker compared to a standard coffee maker.
Water Reservoir Design And Size
As being mention in the former part, Keurig models which have a larger water reservoir will have hot water available for you to make a cup of hot coffee. With those which have a one-cup reservoir, you have to add hot water every time.
Hot Water Dispenser
Any Keurig coffee machines can be used to heat a cup of water for you to brew beverages like tea, instant oatmeal, powdered hot chocolate.
But if you plan to use this feature very often, then you should choose the machine which comes with a dedicated hot water dispenser button.
Older Keurig 2.0 models do not have global compatibility. The newer models(numbers 1 through 5 on our list) are compatible with any kind of K-Cup.
- Read our beginners guide to coffee
- Did you know there are cheaper pods called Bestpresso that are compatible with Keurig?
Fortunately, most Keurig machines are quiet when running. A few models, like Office Pro, K10 Mini Plus are not equipped with Quiet Brew Technology, but the sound made is not overwhelming!
Most Keurig machines are designed to automatically shut down a minute and a half after a brewing finishes. Only Office Pro, which is still activated for a full two hours.
If you want to get up with a cup of coffee already available, then you should select the item which is programmable to automatically brew that cup of coffee for you.
If you don’t want to pour water into the reservoir, a commercial machine is a good option, of which B150 is particularly made for commercial use, but the B155 and the K145 can function not only at the office but also at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where to find serial number on Keurig machines?
A: K-cup home brewing system has serial number located behind the drip tray or on the bottom of the brewer while Vue brewer shows it behind the water reservoir.
Q: How to turn on a Keurig coffee maker?
A: In general, there is button for both “on’ and “off” function and when the unit is “on” the button will light up. Simply press that button as direction shown on it, as the light is on, the machine is on.
Also, there are some other buttons that allow starting the brewing. Just press the one you like basing on how strong you want the brew to be.
Q: What are K cups?
A: The K-Cup is a term introduced by Keurig Green Mountain to describe their single-serve brewing capsule. It can be identified via the foil-lined and ringed design and a plastic cup. Some new designs now no longer come with plastic cup but still have the plastic ring with foil lid. Green Mountain names their products K-Cup® Packs, but most users call them K-Cups. So if you hear either of them, it refers to the same thing.
Q: How to make a cappuccino with a Keurig?
A: Here are steps to make a cappuccino with a Keurig.
How to prepare a cappuccino with Keurig coffee machines:
Cappuccino-flavored packet, Water and Coffee mug
- Connect the unit with the power outlet and turn it on. Open the lid to add water into the water reservoir until it alerts “Fill Water Reservoir” on the display. Put the lid back
- Pull out the handle to have “K-Cup” holder open. Put a cappuccino “K-cup” into the holder, be careful or you will hurt yourself with the two sharp needles inside
- Close the “K-Cup” by lowering the handle. Insert a coffee cup under the brew spout to catch the later-made cappuccino
- Choose your desired “Brew Size”, and then press “Brew” button to begin the coffee process
- Wait until the “Keurig Brewed Enjoy” lights up on the display panel
- Lift the handle up and carefully get the used cappuccino packet
- Get the coffee mug of recently-made cappuccino from the drip plate and enjoy
Q: Can I stop the machine between the brewing process?
A: Definitely. You can pause the machine while making a brewing by pressing and holding the power button for a second. Some users choose to pull out the brew handle to stop the machine, but we not recommend as this can cause burns.
Q: Can I make hot cocoa with Keurig coffee makers?
A: Yes. Rather an coffee, Keurig brewers allow you to make a wide range of hot beverages like hot tea and hot cocoa. For better performance, you can invest in a collection of hot cocoa K-cups, such as milk chocolate hot cocoa, or dark chocolate, etc.
Q: Can I use Keurig to make iced-drinks?
A: Yes, you can. Keurig is not designed to make hot drinks only, it can serve you with iced drinks also. To make your favorite iced drinks, you can buy some K-cups which are supposed to make iced drinks such as sweet tea, lemonade or French vanilla iced coffee.
The Keurig K-Elite coffee maker has a special iced coffee function, too.
Q: What kinds of tea does Keurig offer?
A: Keurig introduces various tea brands, which are Cafe Escapes, Tazo, Celestial Seasonings, Lipton, Twinings of London, Tetley, Bigelow, and Timothy’s.
Q: What accessory comes with typical Keurig machines?
A: Keurig claims to offer some products as presents as you buy the machine. Beside coffee sampler packs and gift certificates, you also have chance to get parts like coffee mugs, additional filters, drink tumblers, carafes, K-Cup storage units, sugar shakers, etc.
Q: How many cup sizes are there in Keurig K45?
A: The Keurig K45 introduces three different cup sizes, including 6, 8 or 10 ounce. In addition, it has a 48-ounce-water reservoir and a charcoal filter. Also, a large removable drip tray is available for larger travel mugs.
Q: What is the capacity of the water reservoir on the Keurig K75?
A: The water reservoir on the Keurig K75 can hold up to 72 ounces of water. It allows you to choose any of 5 cup sizes, including 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce. If you want a single cup unit, its measures are 13 inches x 10.3 inches x 13.8 inches (H x W x D).
Q: How is the Keurig K10 measured?
A: The dimensions of The Keurig K10 MINI Plus Brewing System are 10.8 inches x 6.9 inches x 10.7 inches (H x W x D). It is small in comparison with some of the other brewers Keurig. It can include an amount of water to brew a cup of 6, 8, or 10 ounces.
Q: How many cup sizes are there on the Keurig Elite Brewing system?
A: The Keurig Elite brewing system introduces three different cup sizes. You can select cups of ten ounce , eight ounce or six ounce of beverages. Especially, this machine comes with a larger reservoir system of 48 ounce, so you do not have to add water every brewing time.
Q: How often should I clean my Keurig coffee maker?
A: Maintaining the machine properly by cleaning it regularly is the key to have it worked effectively and durably. And the proper frequency of clean your Keurig is every 3 to 6 months. To support this process, Keurig introduces a descaling product for removing scale as well as calcium deposits. You can use some other liquid to clean the machine but product introduced by Keurig will help to claim good tasting and perfect coffee.
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API