Hazelnut coffee is a strong favorite among those who enjoy flavored coffee on a regular basis. Of course, choosing the best flavored coffee for you is something completely different, because there can be brand variations that influence your decision. So, how do you choose the best hazelnut coffee for you?
Our review of the recommended hazelnut ground coffee and whole bean coffee is bound to put you in the right direction.
Best Hazelnut Coffee: Our picks
1. Don Francisco’s Hawaiian Hazelnut Flavored Ground Coffee
When you are already familiar with hazelnut coffee and want to take it one step further, you may find the best hazelnut coffee in Don Francisco’s Hawaiian Hazelnut Flavored Coffee. There are many things to like about this hazelnut flavored coffee, but we especially love the additional flavor combination.
Don Francisco’s provides a dominant hazelnut flavor in its ground coffee, but complements this with a great flavor overtone of coconut. For ground coffee, hazelnut and coconut is not the first thing you would think about.
Nevertheless, customer reviews are really positive about this particular option, mainly due to the optimal flavor it provides. So, if you are looking for something a little different, why not try this one next?
- RICH HAZELNUT AROMA AND HINTS OF COCONUT flavor reminiscent of the islands, this blend of premium Arabica coffees brings you an enchanting cup. Does not contain Hawaiian Grown coffees. Naturally and artificially flavored
- 100% Arabica Coffee
- OUR DIRECT IMPACT INITIATIVE influences every business decision we make so that we can preserve natural resources and our environment for future generations of our family and yours
- FOUR GENERATIONS STRONG: Our family's expertise extends more than 140 years and is headquartered outside of Los Angeles in the city of Vernon.
- BLENDED, ROASTED and packed in the U.S.A.
2. New England Coffee Hazelnut Creme
There are many hazelnut flavored coffees out there that come with an additional flavor, and this includes the New England Coffee Hazelnut Creme. As a medium roast made from genuine Arabica coffee beans, this option has plenty to offer for your daily cup of coffee.
New England Coffee has a history that spans over more than a hundred years. From the coffee bean to their basic medium roast and hazelnut coffee, you would be impressed to learn just how much work goes into each bag of ground coffee hazelnut.
The flavor of the New England Hazelnut Coffee complemented with creme is widely known, but what is not as known is that the company is also a part of the sustainable cup project.
Aside from making outstanding hazelnut coffee, this brand also protects the environment by investing in the seedling program, which provides countless social and environmental enhancements for the farmers who delivers coffee beans! In other words, it is a conscientious company where you can buy your medium roast with lots of confidence.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
- Hazelnut Crème Coffee: We use our signature blend of 100% Arabica coffee for our medium roast Hazelnut Creme coffee, featuring a rich, nutty hazelnut flavor with a hint of sweetness
- Ground Coffee: Made of 100% Arabica coffee. Gluten free and Certified Kosher ground coffee. Use only fresh water when brewing the coffee grounds for smooth taste and flavor
- Small Batch Roast: Sourced from the finest coffee growing regions, our premium coffees are always 100% Arabica coffee beans, which are small-batch roasted for consistently balanced flavor every time
- Family Tradition: For more than 100 years, New England Coffee has roasted our premium coffee the same time tested way right in New England. So you can count on deliciously consistent flavor cup after cup, sip after sip
- Sustainability: With the changing climate in mind, our Sustainable Cup Project is designed to plant a better tomorrow. Results provide social, economic and environmental enhancements for farmers and their communities
3. Seattle’s Best Coffee Toasted Hazelnut
Do you prefer a medium roast with pure hazelnut flavor? If so, then you might find your best coffee brand with Seattle’s. In fact, they deliver a toasted hazelnut coffee that is difficult to match.
Seattle’s Toasted Hazelnut gives you a sweet and aromatic coffee without the need to add any additional sugar. If you are cutting on sugars, but still want to enjoy a nice hazelnut coffee, then Seattle’s should be on top of your list.
There are many reasons why you should look at the great hazelnut coffee from Seattle’s, but one of the primary reasons is their reputation for creating smooth blends.
The company starts with some of the best beans from Latin America, which are promptly processed by their master blenders into a great ground coffee with approachable taste. So, even those who only start drinking flavored coffees will find Seattle’s to be the most solid choice out there.
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Our Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Coffee is sweetly aromatic with nutty notes of roasted hazelnut
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 g) of ground coffee for every 6 fl. oz. (180 mL) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes a 12-ounce bag of ground Seattle's Best Coffee
4. Kahlua Gourmet Ground Coffee
If you will only consider gourmet hazelnut coffee, then you should take a quick look at one of the best coffees from Kahlua, more specifically their gourmet hazelnut coffee.
To ensure superior taste for their coffee, Kahlua only uses natural ingredients without using unnecessary additives. Their roasting method provides a flavor combo of hazelnut, vanilla, rum and caramel, which is certainly a gourmet coffee that is likely to stay with you for years to come. In fact, it may even become your daily cup of coffee.
Kahlua ensures that their coffee arrives to the consumer as fresh as when it was roasted. They achieve this by vacuum sealing each bag of coffee, ensuring the freshness, aroma and flavor is maintained from the factory to the consumer.
- Natural ingredients are used for the best taste
- Coffee made from 100% high quality arabica beans
- Coffee featuring the delicious rum, vanilla, and caramel flavors of Kahlua Coffee Liquer
- Pre-ground for easy brewing
- Deliciously creamy and nutty
5. Folgers Flavors Hazelnut Coffee
Sometimes you do not want any additional flavors in your coffee, you just want some simple hazelnut. If this is the case for you, then Folgers Flavors Hazelnut Coffee may be the best option for you.
While Folgers does not use any additional flavors in their coffee, they have surely mastered hazelnut. Folgers is also quite known for their other coffee flavors, even though their hazelnut is their recommended one in our opinion.
6. Nescafé Instant Hazelnut Coffee
Can’t be bothered with coffee beans or ground coffee, just want something you can turn into a hazelnut coffee without a lot of work? If so, you may want to look at the Nescafé Instant Hazelnut Coffee.
While instant versions do not have the same superior taste as freshly ground coffee or whole coffee beans, this is by far one of the superior instant coffees with a hazelnut flavor.
Contrary to most hazelnut coffees, Nescafé Instant is a little darker than the average medium roast in our overview. While this would normally translate in a more bitter taste, this is not the case due to the type of coffee this is. Instant versions can taste a lot weaker than genuine coffee beans or a fresh coffee grind. So, it is obvious why Nescafé went with a slightly darker roast for their instant coffee.
You will also be happy to learn that this instant version also has some sweetness to it without containing any sugar. If you are passionate about coffee, but do not always get the time to make a fresh grind, this could be a quick alternative. However, fresh grinds and coffee beans are always better where flavor and aroma are concerned.
- Intensely rich and toasty cup of hazelnut aroma and flavors; artificial flavor
- Made for an 8 oz cup, each of the 16 convenient individual sticks locks in the rich aroma and flavor for a fresh cup every time
- Well-crafted coffee made simple: Simply pour packet, add 8 fluid ounces of hot water, stir, and enjoy!
- Enjoy this instant coffee at home or on the go
What Type Of Hazelnut Coffee Is Right For Me?
You may wonder which type of coffee is right for you, as you have the choice between beans, grinds and even instant coffee. Of course, the main consideration is often time and your own skill level. If you are new to the world of coffee, but still want superior flavor, then choose a fresh grind from your preferred brand.
If you are ready to start grinding yourself, you can choose beans instead. However, if you have little time and do not necessarily want to mess around with beans and grinds, you can use instant instead.
As mentioned before, instant coffee will never provide the same superior flavor and aroma as fresh grinds and beans. Of course, it does provide a great solution for anyone who has little time or does not have the time to learn about roasting, grinding and brewing techniques.
At the end of the day, you may have to experiment a little with different brands. So, it can be advantageous to purchase lower quantities from different coffee brands when you just get started with coffee flavors.
So, why not try out some of our recommendations to find out which one suits your requirements? Since these coffees are quite affordable too, you will have no problems experimenting on a budget either!
Frequently asked questions
Are there hazelnuts in hazelnut coffee?
It depends. Some coffees use synthetic flavorings to mimic the natural flavor of hazelnuts. Others may use natural flavorings extracted from hazelnuts. If you are allergic, it’s best to check the label.
What does hazelnut coffee taste like?
Hazelnut is one of those flavors that mix really well with coffee. Think of it like dipping a spoon in Nutella and swirling it around in some coffee.
Last update on 2020-08-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API