If you’re new to coffee, you may be wondering what on earth a grind and brew coffee maker is. Well, it is an interesting option for anyone who loves their coffee, especially where taste and aroma is concerned. Of course, this type of coffee maker also stands for convenience, so let’s find out more!
The principle of a grind and brew coffee maker is really simple, as the answer is already in the name. Basically, it is a coffee machine with a built in grinder. So, with this particular option, you do not have to worry about obtaining an additional burr grinder for your coffee beans, as the grinder coffee maker provides an all-in-one solution.
Best Grind And Brew Coffee Maker: Top picks
There are many options out there that can deliver a cup of coffee from fresh coffee beans in minimal time. Today, we take a look at some of the best grind and brew options, so be sure to consider the following coffee makers for your home.
1. Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control
- 8 Strength Settings: Choose from 8 strength settings or choose Pre Ground coffee option to brew coffee just the way you like it and bean hopper capacity is 1/2 pound of Coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage and transfer
- Brewing Capacity: Single cup with variable size options or upto a 12 cup carafe; Dimensions:9 inch (W) X 14 inch (D) X 16 & ¼ inch (H); 1/2 pounds of Coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage and transfer
- Removable drip tray for 7.5 inch height clearance to fit tall cups and travel mugs; if Carafe overflows: Always ensure the carafe is completely empty before brewing. Power:1100 Watts
- LCD Screen: Provides real time feedback on water level, grind size, strength selection, grinding time, brewing time, and selected settings
- Programmable Auto Start: Automatically starts grinding and then brewing coffee at your selected time; Pre brew temperature control: Delivers water at the ideal temperature from cold start
This Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control is one of our favorite coffee makers. One of the things that stands out immediately is its design, which looks absolutely amazing in any contemporary and modern kitchen. Of course, the coffee maker grind and brewing capabilities are very important here, so let’s look at some of the details.
In our humble opinion, you can get some of the best coffee from this compact Breville. The coffee maker is equipped with adjustable stainless steel burrs. And, since you can adjust the grind settings, you can work with different types of coffee beans without any trouble!
When you work with the Breville Grind Control for the first time, you will immediately notice the 6 strength settings on the machine. These settings can be used to change the coffee and water ratio, making your brewing job a whole lot easier!
Another handy feature you can expect from this coffee machine is the automatic turn on. If you like to have your fresh cup of coffee ready when you come down the stairs, then you simply set it the night before. Now, you don’t get that with the average coffee grinder! In other words, well worth the investment!
2. Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind and Brew Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
- 24-hour fully programmable coffeemaker with auto shutoff, brew-pause feature, and Grind off function
- Double-wall insulated stainless steel thermal carafe with comfort grip handle holds up to 12 cups of coffee
- Built-in automatic burr grinder and 8-ounce bean hopper holds a half pound of beans. Strength selector and grind control fine-tune intensity and volume
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter that ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop. Instruction book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards.Please refer the set up/ troubleshooting details provided in the video under images section and the manual under product description field for the smooth usage of the product
With the Cuisinart Grind and Brew, you can count on programming features up to 24 hours, which provides you with similar functionality as the Breville we recommended earlier. Of course, there are some differences with the previous coffee machine, so let us have a look at the special features that make this coffee machine stand out.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
When you tend to brew coffee with some time to spare, then you might be interested to know that the Cuisinart Grind and Brew has a special carafe. The carafe is designed to keep your coffee warm for several hours, meaning you do not have to put a new round through your coffee maker!
Another interesting feature is the coffee grinder that is incorporated in this coffee maker. it is an automatic burr grinder with adjustable settings. So, when you add your coffee beans, you can adjust the burr grinder to meet your personal preferences.
Finally, you can also adjust how many cups of coffee you want, which is truly an amazing feature for a multi-functional coffee maker. Simply adjust the settings from 2 to 12 cups, depending on how many cups you need.
If you want the grind and brew from Cuisinart, you will have to be quick. The manufacturer have unfortunately discontinued this amazing coffee maker due to the release of new models. Still, this is one of the better options out there and well worth investing in if you can still get one.
3. Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS with Thermal Carafe
- FRESH COFFEE: Grinds fresh, whole beans right before brewing for freshest flavor
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Integrated conical burr grinder with direct-feed technology - compact space saving design
- CAPACITY: 10-cup thermal carafe, 6 ounce bean container. Watts/Volts/Hertz: 1000W/120V/60Hz
- GOLDTONE FILTER: Eliminates the need for messy paper filters and is dishwasher safe
- PROGRAMMABLE: Set the machine to automatically grind the coffee then brew at your programmed time
Compared to some of the other brands in this overview, this brand of coffee maker may not mean much to you. However, it should be on your shortlist if you want to effectively grind whole beans into your favorite cup of coffee.
The Capresso 465 Coffeeteam TS contains a conical burr grinder that makes grinding whole beans a piece of cake. It is also a fully programmable coffee machine, which includes a clock and even a timer for good measure!
One of the standout things about the Capresso is its unique design. The design is designed to fit in most kitchens, so you could place this in a contemporary kitchen just as well as you would in a traditional kitchen.
Another feature of this coffee maker is that it is one of the best at maintaining the aroma from your whole beans. Not every coffee maker achieves this feat, so this could be the recommended option for true coffee experts.
The Capresso has quite a decent capacity too, providing a bean hopper with a capacity of 10 ounces. In addition to the bean hopper, you also get the option to use the machine with or without the grinder, so you can adjust your brew perfectly depending on your mood.
4. Gourmia GCM4700 Coffee Maker
- GRIND AND BREW: This powerful combo will automatically transform your fresh beans or favorite pre-ground blend into rich, robust coffee.
- SET AHEAD: Simple two button controls to brew up a quick, energizing cup- or save precious morning minutes, and pre-program brewing time the night before!
- KEEP WARM: Take your time singing in the shower. This machine will keep your coffee piping hot for up to 30 minutes after brewing completion!
- SLEEK DESIGN: Features a durable stainless steel body, clear water gauge, and 10 cup glass carafe.
- ETL CERTIFIED: We, at Gourmia, take the quality of our products seriously. This product is ETL certified so you can be confident that you're receiving a safe, efficient, high quality appliance.
When you are looking for a machine that functions as a grinder for coffee beans as well as a coffee maker, it would be so easy to overlook the Gourmia. While the machine has quite the basic design that does not stand out from the others in our overview, this is the top choice where speed and convenience is concerned.
While the design of this grind brew machine may be lacking a bit, you do get so much convenience in return that makes up for the lack of aesthetic. This is one of the most user-friendly grind brew machines out three, perfect for those who are just starting to know coffee beans and brewing methods.
The grinder of the Gourmia is situated on top of the machine, which makes it easy to access and operate. It is ideal for those who like a quick cup of coffee made from freshly ground coffee in the morning, but do not have the time to make ground coffee first thing in the morning. In addition to that, it is decently priced too!
5. Breville BES870XL Barista Express
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk texturing: The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- Hands free operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
Our overview of grind brew machines would not be complete without a decent espresso machine. Yes, you can also get an espresso machine that delivers fresh ground coffee from your favorite selection of coffee beans. The espresso machine you are looking for? The Breville BES870XL Barista Express!
This is the second Breville that made it into our overview, and this is no real surprise since each machine coming from this brand is almost pure perfection. Their Breville burr grinder and coffee maker is a prime example.
The Barista Express is a semi-automatic machine. It contains a built-in grinder, and opposed to some other advanced espresso makers, this one does not need advanced knowledge to operate!
With the Barista Express, you can get conical burr grinder with a capacity of 1/2 pound and a sealed hopper, so you do not have to worry about your beans leaving a mess. On top of that, the machine also contains a 1600W heating system, which ensures that your water temperature is perfect for your preferred cup of coffee.
Another interesting fact about this machine is that you can obtain it in three different colours. So, if you want to ensure your have the best coffee maker for your interior, be sure to check the different designs available for this brand.
6. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces. Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches. Input power - 1350 watts
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
- Maintenance: De’Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly. The machine does not deliver coffee, but only water is caused due to ground coffee may be blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel, using a plastic knife. Then clean the infuser and the inside of the machine. If machine is noisy refer manual; Energy saving: With 3 hour automatic shut off
- Utilize De'Longhi's specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine (latte best). Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer
The DeLonghi brand delivers some outstanding grinders, coffee machine options and accompanying accessories. So, it is no surprise they managed to conquer a spot in our grind brew machine overview.
If you are looking for a user-friendly grind brew machine that also delivers a superior cup of espresso, you cannot go wrong with this particular machine. It contains their patented direct-to-brew system, which uses a unique method to process your coffee from grinder to brewing.
When you think of automatic grinders and brewing machines, you may immediately think about bulky options, such as the previous Barista Express. Obviously, this does not work as well in small kitchens.
7. Black & Decker CM5000B Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
- Integrated Grinder/Brew Filter - The innovative design combines the coffee grinder with the brew filter basket for fast, fresh brewing and simple cleanup
- Streamlined Grinding and Brewing - Fresh coffee, fast, the all-in-one design makes it easy to grind whole beans, giving you the full flavor and aroma of your favorite beans every time
- Whole Beans or Grounds - Brew you favorite cup, the grinder quickly prepares whole beans, and it can be turned off for normal brewing with pre-ground coffee
- Custom Brewing - Use the brew strength selector for coffee that fits your taste, options for regular, bold, and strong
- QuickTouch Programming - Easily program the 24-hour auto brew feature so you can wake up to a fresh pot of coffee, plus, the backlit display highlights the time and the program you choose
When you’re not looking for an outstanding drill or DIY tools, you may be heading to Black & Decker for something else. This something else could be nothing other than the Black & Decker CM5000B Mill and Brew Coffeemaker.
With the Mill and Brew, you can adjust grind size and coffee strength, ensuring you get the perfect brew according to your personal taste preferences. So, you can use this Black & Decker for regular coffee as well as espresso.
Like some of the other options in this overview, the Mill and Brew also comes with a 24-hour programming feature, which means you can set your coffee to brew before you even come down in the morning.
Another interesting feature with this grind and brew coffeemaker is its easy maintenance. Opposed to some other machines, the streamlined design of the Black & Decker makes maintenance more straightforward. So, if you don’t look forward to cleaning your machine for many hours, then this is the option to get.
Finally, the Black & Decker is also an excellent option for those who are bound to a lower budget. This is one of the most affordable grind and brew coffeemakers out there, but does not compromise on quality.
8. Saeco PicoBaristo Super
- Easily select one of 15 delicious drinks, or customize it to your taste with Coffee equalizer and save it to one of 6 user profile
- Our Patented a Qu a clean water filter eliminates the need to descale for up to 5, 000 cups
- Get superior taste for 20, 000 cups with our durable ceramic grinders
- The hygiesteam function cleans the whole Milk circuit with steam, from the spout to the milk Tubes
- Advanced touch screen display
Some coffee lovers like to have variety when it comes to their daily cup of comfort. Not all automatic grinder and brewing machines cater to that, but fortunately the Saeco PicoBaristo Super does!
Now, drink variety is not the only reason why you should seriously consider the Saeco machine, because this machine is one of the closest things to a professional barista machine for your home. And for a really attractive price to boot.
The Saeco PicoBaristo provides you with five different strengths of espresso, enabling you to adjust anything from brew length to water temperature. The machine also contains a quality ceramic grinder, which provides some additional benefits to the machine, including improved durability.
Another feature you will find with the Saeco is an additional milk container. Thanks to the presence of this separate container, you will have no problems getting those milky coffees just right. It also enables you to create foam to go on top of your drink, depending on the type of coffee you are making.
While this is a powerful machine, it is not an overly bulky one. So, even if you have a smaller kitchen, you can get a perfect cup of coffee thanks to the compact yet powerful design from Saeco.
9. KRUPS EA8298
- FULLY AUTOMATIC: Easily brew delicious cafe-quality coffee and espresso drinks at home; select your desired drink with the turn of a dial
- BUILT-IN METAL CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Grind beans quickly and evenly right before brewing for enticingly rich aroma and full-bodied flavor — simply add beans to the large sealed bean hopper and select the desired grind
- MILK FROTHER: Integrated milk container allows for frothing milk — great for making lattes, cappuccinos, and more; easy to clean with automatic cappuccino cleaning setting; removable and dishwasher safe
- PROFESSIONAL RESULTS: Equipped with Thermo Block heating technology, a 15-bar high-pressure pump, and a hydraulic automated tamping system, the machine ensures professional barista-style brewing every time
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN: Intuitive controls with an LCD screen and knob for ease of use; removable 60 oz. water tank, steam nozzle, drip tray, and cake container for convenient cleaning and low maintenance; compact size takes up minimal counter space. Made in France with 2-year warranty
Many suggestions in our overview are quite convenient, but none may beat the KRUPS EA8298 where convenience is concerned. Interestingly, this brand is also one of the favorite brands among gourmet espresso lovers, so you can be sure you will receive an outstanding cup of coffee from this one.
One of the most interesting features about the KRUPS EA8293 is that you can adjust grind size in only a couple of seconds. So, even for a very quick brew early in the morning, the incorporated grinders and matching settings of this machine will not let you down.
To make settings adjustments easy and straightforward, even for those who are not too brilliant at making coffee, consumers can count on a fully functional LCD panel, from which you can easily adjust your settings with minimal effort.
Water temperature is also crucial for the best coffee. To ensure your coffee will meet your standards, KRUPS included professional features such as thermoblock technology and a 15 bar pressure pump. So, temperature and even brewing force is completely on point.
And if you thought the premium features could not get any better, you would be completely wrong. There are other advanced features that have been included in this machine thanks to the manufacturer, including a removable 60 ounce water tank, drip tray, steam nozzle and a bean hopper with a very high capacity.
Like our previous suggestion, KRUPS delivers a professional grade machine that fits in any kitchen, as the design is quite compact. And with the various professional features that have been included, you can make a perfect cup of coffee no matter what your personal coffee preferences are.
10. Melitta MEMB1B Mill & Brew 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- Grinds coffee beans to choice and brews coffee at preset time
- Clock/timer can be programmed to begin process up to 24 hours in advance
- Built-in grinder with 7 grind settings, from coarse to fine
- Stainless-steel filter basket eliminates need for disposable filters
- Measures 13-1/2 by 9-1/2 by 7 inches; 1-year limited warranty
If you are looking for a coffee maker that can save valuable time, we suggest the Melitta MEMB1B Mill & Brew 10-Cup Coffee Maker. While we do not think it rivals the KRUPS or the Saeco, it still gives you really good cup of coffee with minimum effort.
To ensure the quality of your cup of coffee is maintained throughout the brewing process, the manufacturer included an immediate brew feature. This means that you can place the beans in the hopper and that the brewing follows shortly after the grinder has completed its round. You also get various grinder options, ranging from fine to coarse. And like the other suggestions in this overview, you can also adjust the strength of the cup of coffee you are making.
Easy maintenance is another benefit you get with the Melitta. Opposed to a disposable coffee filter, you get a special filter made from stainless steel. This means you can reuse the filter every time and simply clean it to keep your machine as pristine as possible.
Another interesting feature with the Melitta is that you can stop the brewing process when you are doing several cups at once. So, if you are dying for a cup, but still have a couple of cups to go, you do not have to wait for all the other cups to run through. That’s a great feature to have!
The Melitta also has a bunch of interesting safety features. One of the best is the automatic shut-off feature, which turns off the grinder and the brewer when inactive after one hour. The benefit of that is that your coffee won’t overheat, which could influence the taste and aroma of your carefully selected brew.
Best Coffee Machine With Grinder Buying Guide
Since most of these machines come with similar features, we suggest to look at the type of grinder first and foremost. Some of these machines come with a burr grinder, while others come with blade grinders.
If you are looking for a more consistent grind, then the burr grinder is your recommended choice. However, the blade grinder is definitely less expensive compared to a conical burr.
Another feature you may want to weigh up is the size of the carafe of your machine. While this may not sound very important, other than capacity, the type of carafe in the machine can actually influence the taste and aroma of your coffee. So, if you want to maintain as much of the original beans as possible, it is essential to look at the carafe.
When flavor is extremely important to you, you must step away from the usual glass carafe that is kept warm by a hot plate. Even though there are no such suggestions in our overview, it is important to know why you should avoid this option when you consider other brands.
The reason why you should avoid glass carafes on a hot plate is the fact they systematically cook the flavor and the aroma from your coffee. So, while it may be a good option for a less than perfect cup of coffee at the office, you do not want to lose the flavor of your carefully selected beans.
So, it is always better to choose a thermal carafe, which keeps your coffee warm without the need for extra heat. All the machines we mentioned in this overview have a thermal carafe, so all those options are perfectly safe if you wish to retain the flavor of your selected beans.
Finally, think about maintenance carefully. If you do not mind spending some extra time to clean your machine, then you can choose one of the more complex designs. However, if time is a real issue for you, it is best to choose one of the easy maintenance models mentioned here today.
That depends on your preferences, the budget you have, and the amount of control you like to have. There are coffee makers out there that will provide a consistent grind, but this is not the case for all of them.
So, if you want the best grind from coffee machines with grinder, it is essential to purchase a good coffee maker that can deliver a grind brew that meets your expectations. Of course, the options in our overview will help you reach that goal in minimal time.
- 1 Best Grind And Brew Coffee Maker: Top picks
- 1.1 1. Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control
- 1.2 2. Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind and Brew Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
- 1.3 3. Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS with Thermal Carafe
- 1.4 4. Gourmia GCM4700 Coffee Maker
- 1.5 5. Breville BES870XL Barista Express
- 1.6 6. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica
- 1.7 7. Black & Decker CM5000B Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
- 1.8 8. Saeco PicoBaristo Super
- 1.9 9. KRUPS EA8298
- 1.10 10. Melitta MEMB1B Mill & Brew 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- 2 Best Coffee Machine With Grinder Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions
Are grind and brew coffee makers good?
Yes, absolutely! They’re the best of both worlds: grinding fresh beans and brewing them right away.
What is the best grind for drip coffee makers?
The best grind for drip coffee makers is a medium grind.
Does a finer grind make stronger coffee?
Yes, provided you brew it the right way. An espresso brewed with a fine grind will make for a strong, intense cup.
Last update on 2020-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API