Have you ever walked down the coffee isle and seen a unique machine that only came with a container and a pressure pressor? I think this is a commonalty amongst many coffee aficionados. However, in many cases, those people don’t know the power, wealth and quality that these machines possess. In technical terms, these machines are known as French Press Coffee Machines. Simply put, these machines utilize force and pressure to produce coffee at its purest form. With each French pressed coffee, the user obtains a rich, dark and full-bodied cup of coffee.
What are French Press Machines all about?
French Press Machines are completely different than automatic coffee machines and maker. One of the biggest differences that one will notice is that French Press Machines do not utilize the paper or plastic filters that coffee makers use. In that, French Press Machines provide the user with all of the natural oils and natural flavors of coffee that are often trapped in the filters. Moreover, in most of the cases, through this process, many automatic machines begin to build residue and staining begins to occur. With French Press Machines, the clean-up is simply and easy. In fact, there is no risk of burning the coffee or having that “left-over” coffee taste. If you buy the perfect French Press, you can even get a thermal insulation to keep your coffee warm and ready. There truly is no comparison in the flavor or taste of a French Press and any other machine, these machines are far superior and on a whole new level.
How do you brew a French Press Coffee?
For your benefit, we are going to answer this question in two different ways: explaining with words and allowing a video to do the magic. Sometimes, it is much easier to see the French Press at hand rather than words. Without further ado, the first step is to pick out your type of coffee grinds that you desire. From there, you are going to take your ground coffee, coarsely is preferred, and place it at the bottom of the machine. Following the coffee grinds, you are going to put boiling water. It is advised that for every 8oz of water, you do 1-2 tablespoons of coffee grinds. The magic resides in the four minute waiting period before you can do anything else. After four minutes, you are going to use the handy-dandy machine and press the coffee. The magic behind this whole process is that the user has full-control over the strength of the coffee. Depending on how you like your coffee will depend upon the length of time you wait before pressing the coffee.
If the description did not make the cut for you, please check out this very quick video that will demonstrate the simplicity of this process. Please note, their measurements are their preferences, when you are using these machines, your preferences will take precedent.
The Top-Rated French Press Picks of 2017
SterlingPro French Coffee Press 8 Cup (1 liter, 34 oz) Chrome
In the French Press coffee industry, the SterlingPro is, without question, the best of the best in the industry. While relatively cheap in accordance to other makers, the features of this machine and the quality of coffee is second to none. If you are seeking a true French Press Machine, look no further than the SterlingPro French Coffee Press.
- The machine can handle 1 liter or 34 ounces of coffee that is made from the highest grade of materials: borosilicate glass.
- Often times with French Press Machines, the makers struggle to remove all of the coffee grounds. If you seeking a smooth and unhindered cup of coffee, the SterlingPro removes all grounds ensuring your happiness with your cup of coffee.
- The machine comes provided with two replacement screens, which is always perfect to have on board.
Kona French Coffee Maker
A very close competitor to the SterlingPro is the Konda French Press Coffee, Tea and Espresso Maker. This 34oz Glass teapot has stolen the attention away from the SterlingPro and could be considered the next greatest in the industry. With some of the most notable features at such an affordable price, many reviewers don’t look back.
- Many French Press Machines are very delicate and made of finite glass. While the Kona French Coffee Maker stays true to the tradition, it features a protective and sleek design around the glass. This feature will protect the delicate glass through each brewing process.
- Due to the protective and beautiful exterior features, this machine will compliment any kitchen counter. In fact, guests may be jealous and want to buy one of their own.
- There are numerous French Press Machines that lack in extracting the perfect cup of coffee without the essential oils and grinds. The Kona brand has mastered the extraction process giving the user the perfect cup of coffee every time.
- If you are a traveler but love their French press machine, look no further! This machine is the perfect portable French Press for all different travels.
- Are you tired of cleaning up messes? Well, this machine is not only dishwasher safe, it also comes with a detachable filter system, which is perfect for easy clean ups.
Do you want an elegant and sleek looking machine that has impressed all coffee aficionados? The Kuissential 8-Cup Stainless Steel French Press has gathered the eyes of coffee lovers with its stainless design and delicious brewing capabilities. This machine is fairly priced in the market and matches many of the other machines on this list. Let’s take a look at its features:
- This machine comes built as a double walled stainless steel beast. This machine can be considered the sister machine of the SterlingPro French Press Machine. These are the only machines that can handle the optimal temperature of 195 degrees -205 degrees F
- Many complaints about other companies is from their delicate glass builds. Many reviewer have reported shattering their French Press Machines. This is made of strong stainless steel and is more durable than the glass machines other companies make.
- The exterior of the machine is made to appear like a mirror. This unique feature provides a luxurious touch that many other machines don’t offer.
- Since coffee cups are measured by 4oz, this machine can handle making 8 Cups of coffee per batch. This is profoundly amazing in comparison to other French Press Machines.
Another powerhouse in the industry is the Bodum Brazil 3 Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 12 ounce, black edition. While the machine is much smaller than other competitors, that does not detract away from the pure capacity to brew a powerful, rich and full-bodied cup of coffee. If you are content with a 3 cup French Press, take a look at these features:
- As mentioned before, this a 3 Cup-French Press Machine. As coffee is measured by 4 ounces, this machine is a 12 ounce machine with the intention of single serving cups of coffee. The intention behind this machine is not the quantity of brews but the quality of each brewed cup.
- The carafe, which is the exterior part of the French Press, is made from heat-resilient borosilicate glass.
- The machine was will to be easy-to-use and easy-to-clean. With dishwasher safe products, the user can easily place this in the dishwasher and allow the magic to happen. With minimum messes, don’t fret about cleaning up!
- The machine has a built-in 3-part stainless steel mesh filter, which is the perfect contraption for extracting all of the flavors and oils of a full-bodied coffee.
Secura 1500ML French Press Coffee Maker
The king of the French Pres Machines is making its stand among the list of Top-Rated French Press Makers: The Secura 1500 ML French Press Coffee Maker. Known as one of the largest French Press machines, Secura not only captured enthusiasts with its capacity but also with its sleek and mirror-like design. Without further explanation, let’s take a look at the features:
- One of the most notable features of this mammoth French Press Coffee Maker is it’s 1.5 Liter capacity. This is larger than any maker on this list, thus far. This means it can handle producing more cups of coffee than any other machine. To be precise, over 12 cups of coffee can be made from the Secura.
- The machine was designed with precision and beauty. Made from the highest quality of 18/10 stainless steel – this machine is built to last a life-time.
- Like other machine, this comes built with a 3-layered stainless steel filter structure. This is the perfect composition to extract and brew the perfect and smoothest cup of coffee. If you are seeking a refined taste, stack your screens. This also allows for an easier cleaning process.
- Many other French Press Machines come with handles that are affected by the temperature of the boiling water. This machine comes with a “Cool” touch handle feature. Instead of risking burning your hands, your hands are safe and cool with Secura.
Bodum New Kenya
When you see a product with the brand “Bodum” on it, you know that it is a trustworthy product that you can buy. Winning numerous awards for the best French Press makers, Bodum has done it again with the New Kenya addition. Let’s take a look into the features of the award winning company Bodum’s New Kenya French Press Coffee Maker.
- The Bodum New Kenya comes with a beautiful and modern design that is a beautiful accent to any kitchen. With a heat-resilient borosilicate glass exterior and plastic wrapping, your guests will be asking where you bought that piece of luxury.
- Unlike other French Presses in the industry, this machine comes with a stainless-steel 3 piece filter system, not paper. This allows for the coffee to maintain it’s true flavor and oils, giving the drink a full-bodied coffee.
- The machine can handle a maximum of 34 ounces, which is either 3 mugs of coffee or 8 four ounce cups of coffee, which is standard.
The last French Press Machine that made the Top-Rated list is the LeMeileaur French Press Coffee Maker- Shatter Proof. With a sleek and beautiful design, this machine has ridden the reviews to the top of numerous coffee enthusiast’s’ lists. The exterior design is simply the brink of greatness that awaits the user. Let’s take a peek at the features of this beautiful French Press Machine.
- As discussed before, many other competing French Press Machines are made from different glasses and plastic. While this can be beneficial in design aspects – LeMeileaur has developed one of the most unique features of all French Press Machines: shatterproof. The machine is built with rust-resistant 18/10 stainless steel, making it the perfect French Press maker to travel with. The price will reflect this.
- What is so beautiful about this piece of machinery is that it is extremely easy to use and clean. Out of hundreds of reviews, everyone can agree on this notion. There is no struggle to clean or understand how part attach.
- With the reusable stainless steel filter screen system, you are actually doing your part to be eco-friendly. Rather than paper, this stainless-steel system allows for the true flavors and oils of the grinds to infuse with your cup of coffee. In other words, every cup of coffee made from this machine will be rich and full-bodied.
- Another unique feature with this machine is it’s double wall system. The purpose of this is to protect the user from extreme temperatures while also keeping the coffee warm for an extended period of time. What is even more beneficial is that it includes a doble screen system as well. This means minimum or nearly zero coffee grinds remaining in your coffee.
- If you are ever unhappy with your product by LeMeileaur, they will refund you your money. This is another benefit as many other companies do not offer this service.