Finding the best flavored coffee can be challenging if you are just starting to learn about coffee beans, roasting, brewing methods and more. Fortunately, you can count on this overview of the best flavored coffee out there. So, if you want to enjoy a little zing with your coffee, why not check out some of the recommendations in this overview?
Best flavored coffee beans and grounds
- 1 Best flavored coffee beans and grounds
- 1.1 1. New England Blueberry Cobbler
- 1.2 2. Don Francisco’s Hawaiian Hazelnut Flavored Ground Coffee 100% Arabica
- 1.3 3. Folgers Simply Gourmet Natural Chocolate Flavored Ground Coffee
- 1.4 4. New England Coffee Hazelnut Creme
- 1.5 5. Seattle’s Best Coffee Toasted Hazelnut
- 1.6 6. Community Coffee Pecan Praline
- 1.7 7. AmazonFresh French Vanilla Flavored Coffee
- 1.8 8. Cameron’s Coffee Highlander Grog
- 1.9 9. Zavida Whole Bean
- 1.10 10. Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Spice
- 2 Choosing Your flavored coffee
- 3 Frequently asked questions
1. New England Blueberry Cobbler
If you like being adventurous, but want to choose a solid brand of flavored coffees, then New England is certainly a good choice. The brand delivers some outstanding flavored coffees, ranging from chocolate caramel to pumpkin spice and donuts. While there are plenty of flavored coffees to choose from, we can certainly recommend their Blueberry Cobbler.
The New England Blueberry Cobbler is 100% Arabica coffee and has been verified as a Kosher coffee. Aside from using popular Arabica beans, the coffee brand has also been using the same roasting method for more than a hundred years. In other words, you can expect artisanal and traditional flavored coffees.
New England Coffee does not solely get its coffee beans from a single country either. In fact, it sources its 100% Arabica beans from Africa, Central America and South America. They also source medium roast, which means the brand will speak to most consumers out there.
With a history dating back to 1916 and participation in the sustainable cup project, there are many reasons to check out the coffee flavors offered by New England Coffee.
- Flavors of sweet blueberries with hints of spices.
- Medium Roast.
- Gluten Free and Certified Kosher.
- 100% Arabica Coffee with natural and artifical flavors.
- New England Coffee has been roasting coffee the same time-tested way for over 100 years, so you can count on a consistently great tasting cup of coffee each and every time.
2. Don Francisco’s Hawaiian Hazelnut Flavored Ground Coffee 100% Arabica
Want to try another brand that is known for tradition, yet provides some lovely coffee flavors that are different from your regular cup of coffee. If so, then you might find the best coffee with Don Francisco’s.
Don Francisco’s coffee is made by a family business with a history spanning over more than a 140 years. The coffee is also roasted, blended and even packaged in the United States.
The Hawaiian Hazelnut Flavored Ground Coffee is something really special. The coffee has strong hints of hazelnut in its aroma. In addition to that, you can count on some coconut overtones in the flavor, which makes it one of the really interesting coffees to try.
We must mention that Don Francisco’s is also an environmentally friendly brand. They operate under a direct impact initiative, aimed at retaining natural resources and protecting the environment
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
So, if you only want to purchase the most environmentally friendly coffee flavors, then this option from Don Francisco will be a great choice.
- RICH HAZELNUT AROMA AND HINTS OF COCONUT flavor reminiscent of the islands, this blend of premium Arabica coffees brings you an enchanting cup. Does not contain Hawaiian Grown coffees. Naturally and artificially flavored
- 100% Arabica Coffee
- OUR DIRECT IMPACT INITIATIVE influences every business decision we make so that we can preserve natural resources and our environment for future generations of our family and yours
- FOUR GENERATIONS STRONG: Our family's expertise extends more than 140 years and is headquartered outside of Los Angeles in the city of Vernon.
- BLENDED, ROASTED and packed in the U.S.A.
3. Folgers Simply Gourmet Natural Chocolate Flavored Ground Coffee
Chocolate is one of the most popular flavors in the world, so it is no surprise that you will find many chocolate flavored coffees out there. Of course, some are better than others!
One of our personal favorites when it comes to chocolate flavored coffee is Folgers Simply Gourmet Natural Chocolate Flavored Ground Coffee.
Under normal circumstances, we would not recommend Folgers (being a supermarket brand), but since we’re making exceptions for flavored coffee, they’ve made the list.
Folgers mainly focuses on the most established flavored coffee such as vanilla, caramel and of course chocolate. Of course, they may focus solely on these “basics”, they are certainly king at it.
Another interesting aspect of Folgers is that they are one of the few brands that do not use artificial additives in their flavored coffee.
Folgers Chocolate Ground Coffee is best enjoyed with a hint of cream and some natural sugar. Of course, you can enjoy this coffee on its own too, so this chocolate flavor speaks to the majority of coffee lovers too.
- Naturally flavored coffee with NO artificial flavors
- A perfect blend of 100% Premium Arabica Coffee beans and natural flavoring
- Roasted-to-perfection ground coffee combined with natural chocolate flavor for a decadent taste and aroma
- Enjoy the delicious, naturally flavored coffee on its own or with a touch of real cream and natural sugars
- Available in six natural gourmet coffee flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Caramel, Cinnamon, Chocolate Raspberry, and Mint
4. New England Coffee Hazelnut Creme
Even though we already mentioned New England Coffee earlier, you cannot miss out on their Hazelnut Creme option. As usual, this coffee is made with the finest Arabica beans and is complements by an amazing hazelnut flavor.
One of the things that makes this flavor so popular is its sweetness. While a medium roast is not too bitter compared to some of the darkest roasts, it can still be bitter for some people.
Adding some hazelnut to the medium roast adds a bit more sweetness, ensuring even those who do not like bitter flavors can still enjoy a decent medium roast.
- The rich, nutty flavor of our Hazelnut crème coffee creates a smooth coffee experience with a hint of sweetness
- Medium Roast
- Gluten Free and certified Kosher
- 100% Arabica coffee with natural and artificial flavors
- New England Coffee has been roasting coffee the same time-tested way for over 100 years, so you can count on a consistently great tasting cup of coffee Each and every time
5. Seattle’s Best Coffee Toasted Hazelnut
There is more hazelnut flavored coffee out there that is simply waiting for you to try it. Another one of the best flavored coffee options is Seattle’s Best Coffee Toasted Hazelnut.
When you want to try some coffee flavors for the first time, then this is an excellent one to start with. Seattle’s offers ground coffee with the finest flavors, this includes their hazelnut option. Of course, they have other options that are worth looking at, including their House Blend, Henry’s Blend, Portside, Decaf Portside and Post Alley.
Seattle’s make their medium roast with Arabica beans, which are sourced from Latin America. Once the coffee beans arrive at Seattle’s, they are blended by their master blenders, delivering coffee with outstanding taste and consistency. So, if you are new to the world of unique flavors where coffee is concerned, you will not find better than Seattle’s.
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Our Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Coffee is sweetly aromatic with nutty notes of roasted hazelnut
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 g) of ground coffee for every 6 fl. oz. (180 mL) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes a 12-ounce bag of ground Seattle's Best Coffee
6. Community Coffee Pecan Praline
Another original flavor in our overview of coffee beans and ground coffee is Community Coffee Pecan Praline. As you may have guessed already, this particular coffee is packed with southern flavors such as praline and pecan.
Like some of the other brands mentioned in this overview of flavors, Community Coffee is very much a family business. Of course, this comes with some advantages, as this particular brand was able to perfect its coffee over the past four generations!
Contrary to some other brands, Community Coffee focuses on more coffee types than just medium roast. They also have a lovely selection of dark roast coffees; this includes their Signature Blend, French Roast and New Orleans Blend.
So, if you prefer dark roast flavors, why not have a look at some of their additional products too.
- PECAN PRALINE FLAVORED COFFEE: Steeped in the Southern flavors of creamy pralines & sweet pecans, this flavored coffee is a delightful treat. It's sweet with medium full body & medium brightness.
- GROUND BEANS: We take high quality 100% Arabica beans, roast them & grind them to perfection. Our ground coffee is constantly watched, brewed & tasted by our experts for rich & flavorful coffee.
- COMMUNITY IS EVERYTHING: From using responsibly-sourced coffee beans to programs that support military service members, local schools & more, Community Coffee gives back to our partners & local communities in every way we can.
- HOW YOU LIKE IT: Ground to perfection to brew as drip coffee, pour over or use in your French press. Plenty of options for every taste including hot, iced or cold brew coffee.
- QUALITY ASSURED: All of our coffee beans go through a rigorous scoring system for body, balance, flavor & aroma. Only then can they be considered fit to bear the Community Coffee name.
7. AmazonFresh French Vanilla Flavored Coffee
Do you want to save some money on special flavors, but still enjoy some of the best coffee out there? If so, be sure to have a look at AmazonFresh. Bringing you a taste of true Arabica coffee mixed with French Vanilla, you can now take advantage of it for a very affordable price!
Amazon focusses on fresh coffee, and this is noticeable when you try their French Vanilla Coffee. To guarantee freshness for each customer, Amazon packages their coffee as soon as it is roasted. As a result, you can the most flavorful cup of coffee every time.
Coffee beans used in Amazon’s flavored coffee are sourced from Central and South America. Mixed in with some vanilla, you can expect properties such as smoothness, creaminess and richness.
- Fragrant medium-light roast with a full vanilla flavor
- One 12-ounce bag of ground coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Central and South America
- Roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
- Shown as a serving suggestion
8. Cameron’s Coffee Highlander Grog
In our overview of flavored coffee, we also have another unique option in the form of Cameron’s Coffee Highlander Grog. If you want to step up your coffee selection at home, you can step up your personal collection with Cameron’s Coffee Highlander Grog.
Cameron’s Coffee Highlander Grog is sustainably sourced, meaning your gourmet coffee does not impact the environment negatively. Of course, Cameron’s Coffee is also a gourmet coffee that supports local farmers and fair trade, which makes this an even more attractive option.
Naturally, the environmentally friendly nature of Cameron’s Coffee is not the only reason why you should try it. In fact, their coffee is never bitter thanks to the use of Arabica beans and handcrafted brewing methods.
When you try the Highlander Grog, you will immediately notice strong hints of caramel, butterscotch and vanilla. So, this is certainly a flavor that is going to stay with you. We are pretty sure it may become one of your favorite flavored options out there as well!
- UNIQUELY HANDCRAFTED COFFEE: One, 12 ounce bag of Cameron's Highlander Grog Blend. We craft Cameron's Coffee to be the smoothest, most flavorful coffee possible. Our coffee is sustainable, hand-crafted, and small-batch roasted.
- RICH AND FLAVORFUL: This blend has flavors of rum with butterscotch, caramel, and vanilla.
- ALWAYS SMOOTH, NEVER BITTER: We choose only the top 10% of Arabica coffee beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Brew a smooth, full-flavor coffee experience every time. Never over-roasted.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: From roasting in small batches to reducing water consumption, Cameron’s Coffee is committed to making every day brighter. Creating positive change mean caring about our coffee, farmers, and the environment.
- QUALITY FIRST: We choose only the top 10% of beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Never over-roasted. If you enjoy Lavazza Coffee, Door County Coffee, Caribou Coffee, Death Wish Coffee, or Illy Coffee - try Cameron's Coffee.
9. Zavida Whole Bean
Not everyone likes their flavored coffee to come as ground coffee. Fortunately, this is not a problem for Zavida, a brand that provides you with whole bean coffee.
Zavida is a brand known for its gourmet coffees. Of course, they are also one of the few coffee brands to provide flavored coffee in the form of whole beans. That way, true coffee connoisseurs can make their own grind.
Aside from their hazelnut vanilla, they have a number of popular options for you to try. Another really popular option is Jamaican Rum Coffee, providing you with something truly exotic.
- Zavida Hazelnut Vanilla Premium Whole Bean Coffee (2 lb)
- Premium Whole Bean Coffee
- Size 907 gram
10. Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Spice
Always wanted to have your own Dunkin’ Donuts coffee inside your home? Well, now you can, because the brand delivers ground coffees with various flavors.
One of our personal favorites is their Pumpkin Spice. While you would assume this is a coffee that should solely be enjoyed during autumn, you will find that it is suitable throughout the year.
The flavor also proves remarkably popular with Dunkin’ Donuts customers, and now you can enjoy it from the convenience of your own home.
When you try the Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Spice, always make sure you follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer. By following the guidelines, you will get a result that matches that of your favorite local Dunkin’ Donuts. Of course, you can experiment a little bit if you have lots of experience with brewing coffee.
Keep in mind that Dunkin’ Donuts provides many other flavors to take advantage of; this includes their original ground coffee, cinnamon roll, vanilla, decaf and many others.
So, if you have a passion for Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, be sure to have a thorough look at all the other coffees you can get from them. In fact, this brand is also a great way to start with flavored coffee, as they provide some of the more mainstream options that are liked by most people.
- 100% Premium Arabica Coffee
- Try it hot or iced
- Flavored coffee
Choosing Your flavored coffee
When you just start out trying flavored coffee, you may feel a little daunted because of the countless options out there. However, there is an easy way to get started and that is by choosing one of the basic flavors to begin with.
If you are new to flavored coffee, start with some of the basics such as vanilla, chocolate, hazelnut, or one of the other basic options.
Once you become more familiar with your own preferences, you will quickly know what other flavors will carry your preference. For example, you may go towards the sweet coffee range more than the floral coffee range.
Once you become more proficient at working with unique coffee flavor, you can start to try some of the more unusual options out there. A prime example of a more unusual option is the Highlander Grog we mentioned earlier, which is quite a step away from the basic vanilla coffee or hazelnut coffee.
Of course, it always helps to learn your own preferences before you go to the more advanced flavors and lesser known brands. Discovering premium coffee takes some time, especially where personal preferences are concerned.
Making a good cup of coffee comes mainly down to the coffee beans or ground coffee you use, but you should always make sure you have the proper equipment for your coffee.
Frequently asked questions
How is flavored coffee made?
Flavored coffee is usually made by adding in spices and oils to the coffee beans.
Is flavored coffee bad for you?
It’s hard to give a one-size fits all answer here. If you’d like to go the natural route, then you’ll want to avoid any additives. The best way to be sure is to read the ingredients of the coffee before you buy.
Does flavored coffee have caffeine?
Typically, yes, unless you buy decaf.
How else can you add flavor?
You can opt for using coffee syrups, honey, or even maple syrup for a little zing in your joe.
Last update on 2020-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API