There is a reason why people love espresso. It not only is a strong alternative to a cup of coffee, but it is rich, creamy and the true drink of a coffee-lover.
While many people believe espresso machines are naturally expensive, they really don’t have to be. In fact, there are some high quality and caliber espresso machines that are really budget espresso machines for under $200. If that is your budget, this is considered the perfect budget for entry-level espresso machines.
If you are new to espresso, espresso machines or seeking a simple espresso machine – this is for you!
On the other end of the spectrum, you have super automatic espresso machines, which do EVERYTHING!
To make things easier for you, we’ve already tested and compared the best products available to narrow the field down to these top choices.
QUICK OVERVIEW: ESPRESSO MACHINES UNDER $200
|DELONGHI EC702 15-BAR PUMP ESPRESSO MAKER||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|MR. COFFEE CAFÉ BARISTA ESPRESSO MAKER||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|NESPRESSO C60 PIXIE ESPRESSO MACHINE||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|BREVILLE CAFÉ ROMA||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|CAPRESSO EC100||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|ARIETE CAFÉ PRESTIGE||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
What Can You Expect?
The truth is, when it comes to Espresso Machines under $200, you are buying an entry level machine in the industry. When you are starting at this tier, you are essentially at the beginning stages of espresso makers. Yes, there are espresso makers for under $100; however, those are, more than likely, poorly crafted or missing the many essential features to an espresso maker.
The variation of prices in the industry is dedicated by the different levels of pressures, features, customizability, and user-friendliness. In this tier, it will be required of you to buy a high-quality grinder to match your brand new espresso machine. It is always advised to buy one, rather than buy grounded beans.
The simply answer is: pre-grounded beans lose their aroma, taste and power over time. It is much more favorable to do the work if you want a high-quality barista shot. With that being said, machines closer to the $200 range do come with some notable features, ease of use, and some delicious shots of espresso.
Top Rated Espresso Machines Under $200
1) DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker
If you are new the espresso industry, you should know that DeLonghi is one of the most impressive brands out there. In fact, they represent quality across all budgets for all users. What of the most notable features from this beast is its stainless steel frame – which is quite unlike this bracket. As you may notice, many of the other machines under $200 are made from plastic. Let’s take a look at the different features and how they will benefit you.
- This machine functions based off of a pump. With a 15-bar pump, this machine produces some of the highest quality espresso shots.
- Unlike other machines in this bracket, the DeLonghi 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker automatically self-primes, a welcome feature in budget espresso machines.
- A major benefit of buying this machine is the opportunity to choose grounds or pods/capsules. This feature was loved by numerous espresso lovers because DeLonghi appealed to all users.
- The machine comes built with a manual frother that is perfect for steaming your own milk or froth. The best part of an espresso is the creamy and rich froth that goes on top! DeLonghi knew this by providing this high quality feature.
- Depending on the type of shot you are desiring, one or two, this machine gives you the options and tools to make whatever your heart desires.
- This machine is extremely easy-to-use. You will not be required to do most of the work, like manual espresso machines. In fact, during the extraction process, the machine knows exactly when to stop so you can have the perfect amount every single time.
- The temperature never changes during the brewing of multiple cups of espresso. So, if you are having a party, let your guests know there is no waiting in between each shot. This is a rapid-shot machine. This is the perfect feature for the 44 ounce and 1.3 liter water tank!
- The fan-favorite feature of this machine is how easy it is to clean. With minimal messes and simple removable pieces, your clean up time will be cut in half!
- Pump driven and 15 bars. Automatically self primes; Water level indicator: Yes
- Input power is 1100 watt. Note if pump is excessively noisy it may be caused due to empty water tank can be corrected by refilling tank
- Use pods or ground coffee with the convenient patented filter holder. Craft cappuccinos or lattes with the patented easy to use frothier
- 44 ounce and 1.3 litter removable water tank.Never install the appliance in environments where the temperature may reach 0°C (32°F) or lower (the appliance may be damaged if the water freeze
- Utilize De'Longhi's call center for customized help setting up and maintaining your machine at 1 800 322 3848
2) Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker
Everyone has heard of the famous brand, Mr. Coffee. It is everywhere! There is a reason why this brand made the list of the Top-Rated Espresso Machines Under $200 – it is utterly amazing, to say the least. There are numerous features, that many other espresso machines don’t feature, making this a fan-favorite. If you are wanting delicious tasting espresso or lattes with the creamiest froth, the Mr. Coffee Café Barista is perfect for you. Let’s take look at the list of impressive features.
- A beautiful feature that does not normally come with espresso machines in this budget is the One Touch Control Panel. Here, the user has full control over the type of espresso they are seeking. For an example, are you seeking a single shot or double shot of espresso? Are you seeking a cappuccino or latte instead?
- The automatic milk frother is another feature that is a major benefit of having. Instead of using the manual levers and wands, this machine will do all the work for you and develop the creamiest and most delicious froths in this budget range.
- If you are planning to make espresso in different sizes, don’t worry. This machine has you covered with an adjustable cup tray.
- The entire machine is relatively easy to clean. With a removable water tank and drip catcher, which is also removable, the user will be rarely cleaning up any messes.
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 bar pump system brews rich tasting espresso coffee
- Trouble free automatic milk frother removes the guesswork
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
3) Nespresso C60 Pixie Espresso Machine
Another amazing brand in the Espresso Machine industry is Nespresso. The truth is, you can never go wrong when you by a Nespresso. This is especially true for the beautiful and simply Pixie by Nespresso. With a slightly retro and sleek compact look, this machine is bound to compliment any kitchen it is placed in. Without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the striking features of this espresso machine.
- This machine is based off of capsules. This is perfect for the espresso lover who does not want messes or to waste time prepping, priming or warming up the machine. This compact brewing unit features thermoblock technology, which induces intense preheating times of under 30 seconds.
- This machine comes with a folding dip tray, which gives the user control over the different types and sizes of drinks they wish to make.
- The water chamber in the back is backlit with an LED. With water level indicators, you will always be informed as to when it’s time to refill the water basin.
- The machine has the capacity to hold 10 used capsules at a time. This a lots for minimal cleaning and saving time by throwing up the capsules after the 10th
- Machine comes prepared with different programmable buttons such as: espresso and lungo.
- To produce the high quality shots, this machine comes prepared with an impressive 19-bar high-pressure pump. This is very unlike this bracket and budget.
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules. Compact Brewing Unit Technology
- Thermoblock heating element - Fast preheating time: 30 seconds
- Folding drip tray accommodates tall recipe glasses - Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity
- Backlit LED water level detection indicators
- Holds 10 used capsules. Removable water tank: 24 oz or 0.7 L, 1 year warranty from date of purchase and registration
4) Breville Café Roma
Breville has built a massive reputation in the industry as one of the greatest. If you have the opportunity to buy a Breville machine, do it. You can never go wrong with one of these beasts. Built with an aesthetically pleasing design, this machine has become a fan-favorite and a kitchen favorite. Check out the amazing list of features that has opened the wallets of many espresso lovers.
- Built from stainless steel is made to last for several years. With easy-to-clean features and low maintenance, you will glad you bought this machine.
- One brilliant feature is the 15-bar thermoblock pump. This is the perfect feature and pressure amount for the perfect high-quality barista-style espresso shot.
- With a dual-wall filter system, this machine produces some of the best crema in the industry. Include this feature with a froth enhancer and a cup-warming plate, can you go wrong?
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer, cup-warming plate
- Accesories: Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Removable drip tray and grid; Frothing jug included
- Measures 9 x 9 x 12 inches; 1-year limited warranty
5) Capresso EC100
The last machine that is totally worth your money is the Capresso Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine. This company promises that each shot is quick, easy and tastier than ever. With the simple and sleek design, their promises are true. It is easy for anyone to make a delicious cup of espresso – and even easier to steam and froth milk. Whether you are seeking espresso, a latte or even a cappuccino, don’t fret, Capresso is here. Check out this list of more-than-impressive features.
- The machine is built from high-quality materials. With a stainless steel lined, ThermoBlock, your espresso shots will be the perfect temperature every single time.
- With a 46-ounce removable water container, you will not have to refill this constantly, like many other espresso machines in this budget.
- Very easy-to-see indicators lights to signal when the it is time to extract or steam the milk. This is extremely beneficial for the user. For maximum accuracy, it is essential to follow these lights.
- Unique to this machine is its dual frother. The duel fraother is perfect for creating the best and creamiest steamed milk and frtoh. It has been said that some of the best froth in the world come from the Capresso frothing systems.
- Extremely easy to clean. With removable stainless dip rays, and water basin, you will find yourself with bare minimal messes.
- THERMOBLOCK HEATING SYSTEM: Stainless-steel lined heating system with 15 bars of pressure for high-pressure brewed espresso
- TWO FILTERS: For one or two espressos or pre-packaged espresso pods
- HEAVY-DUTY: Stainless steel construction with large, integrated cup warming tray
- SWIVEL FROTHER: Unlimited steam output for perfectly frothing or steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes
- EASY TO FILL: Removable 46-oz water container for easy filling and cleaning
6) Ariete Café Prestige
Another major leader in the industry is the Lello Ariete Café Prestige Coffee Maker. While this machine is naturally more expensive than others listed on this list, it’s feature, build quality and taste quality are with the extra dollars. The simplicity behind the machine is reminiscent of the Capresso; however, there are still some slight differences. Let’s take a look at the features so you can decide what is best for you.
- This is one of the most compact machines in the industry. At 9 ½ “ x 9 ¼ “ x 12 ½ “ inches, this machine will compliment every counter top in any kitchen.
- This machine is made from some of the best quality materials in the industry: heavy-duty stainless steel. Built inside this beast is a 950-watt system capable of producing barista-worthy shots.
- The Ariete has the natural ability to produce constant pressure with it’s 15-bar pump pressure system to produce the same constant cup of high-quality espresso every time. With the perfect temperature, in respect to the thermoblock technology, you will not complain about a shot that you make.
- With a removable 2 ¼ quarter water tank, you can refill this at any time. As many users have pointed out, you might not find yourself doing this much, unless you are drinking several shot a day.
- One of the best features that normally only higher budget espresso machines offer is the cup warming area. With this machine, you can heat up 9 cup before each shot of espresso. This is the perfect priming for the perfect shot of espresso.
- 950-watt espresso/cappuccino machine made of heavy-duty stainless steel
- ThermoBlock 15-bar pump-driven system provides uniform, constant pump pressure
- Removable 2-1/4-quart water reservoir can be refilled from the top at any time
- Cup warming area allows up to 9 cups to be warmed before use
- Measures 9-1/2 by 9-1/4 by 12-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty.Please refer the user manual for troubleshooting steps and instructions
What Machine to Pick?
Now that you know the top-rated espresso machines under $200, I am sure the first question you are asking is “Well, which one should I pick?” Everyone asks that. It’s important to take into consideration a couple of factors.
- How much kitchen space do you have?
- Is an automatic frother important to you?
- Do you prefer capsules or pods?
If you can get clear on the specific type of features you desire, you will discover what machine is perfect for you. Don’t forget, no matter what machine you end up deciding to buy, it’s essential to always buy a grinder. It is not until machines in the $500–$1000 range when they come with automatic built-in grinders. If you are seeking an espresso machine with a build-in grinder to prevent buying anymore products, check out this article on that.
Last update on 2020-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API