There is a reason why people love espresso. It not only is a strong alternative to a cup of coffee, but it is rich, creamy and the true drink of a coffee-lover.
While many people believe espresso machines are naturally expensive, they really don’t have to be. In fact, there are some high quality and caliber espresso machines that are contenders for the best espresso machines under $200.
If you are new to espresso, espresso machines, or seeking a simple espresso machine without too many bells and whistles, you should seriously consider this list.
On the other end of the spectrum, you have super automatic espresso machines, which do EVERYTHING!
- 1 10 Best Espresso Machines Under $200
- 1.1 1. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker
- 1.2 2. Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker
- 1.3 3. Nespresso C60 Pixie Espresso Machine
- 1.4 4. Breville Café Roma Espresso maker
- 1.5 5. Capresso EC100 Espresso Machine
- 1.6 6. Ariete Café Prestige Espresso maker
- 1.7 7. KRUPS XP3208 Espresso and Cappuccino maker
- 1.8 8. Cuisinart EM-100
- 1.9 9. Nespresso Vertuo by Breville with Aeroccino frother
- 1.10 10. Aicok 15 bar espresso and cappuccino machine
- 2 What to expect with espresso makers in this price range
- 3 Final thoughts
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
To make things easier for you, we’ve already tested and compared the best products available to narrow the field down to these top choices.
QUICK OVERVIEW: BEST ESPRESSO MACHINES UNDER $200
|DELONGHI EC702 15-BAR PUMP ESPRESSO MAKER||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|MR. COFFEE CAFÉ BARISTA ESPRESSO MAKER||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|NESPRESSO C60 PIXIE ESPRESSO MACHINE||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|BREVILLE CAFÉ ROMA||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|CAPRESSO EC100||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|ARIETE CAFÉ PRESTIGE||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
10 Best Espresso Machines Under $200
1. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker
If you are new to espresso, you should know that DeLonghi is one of the most trusted and oldest brands out there. In fact, they represent quality across all budgets for all users.
What of the most notable features from this beast is its stainless steel frame – which is quite unlike other espresso maker models in this bracket. As you may notice, many of the other machines under $200 are made from plastic.
With a 15-bar pump in its gut, this machine produces some of the highest quality espresso shots topped with a thick crema.
Unlike other machines in this bracket, the DeLonghi 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker automatically self-primes, a welcome feature in budget espresso machines.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
The machine comes built with a manual frother that is perfect for steaming or frothing your own milk. That means you can use this machine to make cappuccinos, lattes, macchiatos, cortados, and other milky espresso beverages.
You can pull a single or double shot. This machine is extremely easy-to-use. You will not be required to do most of the work, like manual espresso machines. In fact, during the extraction process, the machine knows exactly when to stop so you can have the perfect amount(1.5 ounces per shot) every single time.
The temperature never changes during the brewing of multiple cups of espresso. So, if you are having a party, let your guests know there is no waiting in between each shot. This is a rapid-shot machine, thanks to the 44 ounce water tank!
The fan-favorite feature of this machine is how easy it is to clean. With minimal messes and simple removable pieces, your clean up time will be cut in half!
- Pump driven and 15 bars
- Automatically self-primes; Water level indicator: Yes
- Use pods or ground coffee with the convenient patented filter holder. On/off switch- Yes
- Craft cappuccinos or lattes with the patented easy to use frother
- 44 oz. and 1.3 litter removable water tank. Never install the appliance in environments where the temperature may reach 0°C (32°F) or lower (the appliance may be damaged if the water freeze)
2. Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker
Everyone has heard of the famous brand, Mr. Coffee. There is a reason why this brand made the list of the Top-Rated Espresso Machines Under $200 – it is utterly amazing, to say the least.
There are numerous features, that many other espresso machines don’t feature, making this a fan-favorite. If you want delicious tasting espresso or lattes with the creamiest froth, the Mr. Coffee Café Barista is perfect for you. Let’s take look at the list of impressive features.
A beautiful feature that does not normally come with espresso machines in this budget is the One Touch Control Panel. Here, the user has full control over the type of espresso they are seeking.
For an example, are you seeking a single shot or double shot of espresso? Are you seeking a cappuccino or latte instead?
The automatic milk frother is another feature that is a major benefit of having. Instead of using the manual levers and wands, this machine will do all the work for you and develop the creamiest and most delicious froths in this budget range.
If you are planning to make espresso in different size cups, don’t worry. This machine has you covered with an adjustable cup tray.
The entire machine is relatively easy to clean. With a removable water tank and drip catcher, which is also removable, the user will be rarely cleaning up any messes.
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
- Trouble Free Automatic Milk Frother Removes the Guesswork.Do not wash the water reservoir in the dishwasher
- One Touch Control Panel for Drink Selections
- Easy Fill, Removable Water and Milk Reservoirs
3. Nespresso C60 Pixie Espresso Machine
Another amazing brand in the espresso machine industry is Nespresso. The truth is, you can never go wrong when you by a Nespresso.
This is especially true for the beautiful and simple Pixie by Nespresso, which is a top choice for the best espresso machine in this budget.
With a slightly retro and sleek compact look, this machine is bound to compliment any kitchen it is placed in. Without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the striking features of this espresso machine.
This machine is based off of capsules. This is perfect for the espresso lover who does not want messes or to waste time prepping, priming or warming up the machine.
This compact brewing unit features thermoblock technology, which induces intense preheating times of under 30 seconds.
This machine comes with a folding dip tray, which gives the user control over the different types and sizes of drinks they wish to make.
The water chamber in the back is backlit with an LED. With water level indicators, you will always be informed as to when it’s time to refill the water basin.
To produce the high quality shots, this machine comes prepared with an impressive 19-bar high-pressure pump. This is very unlike this bracket and budget.
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules. Compact Brewing Unit Technology
- Thermoblock heating element - Fast preheating time: 30 seconds
- Folding drip tray accommodates tall recipe glasses - Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity
- Backlit LED water level detection indicators
- Holds 10 used capsules. Removable water tank: 24 oz or 0.7 L, 1 year warranty from date of purchase and registration
4. Breville Café Roma Espresso maker
Breville has built a massive reputation in the industry as one of the greatest. If you have the opportunity to buy a Breville machine, do it.
You can never go wrong with one of these beasts. Built with an aesthetically pleasing design, this machine has become a fan-favorite and a kitchen favorite. Check out the amazing list of features that has opened the wallets of many espresso lovers.
Built from stainless steel, the Breville Cafe Roma is made to last for several years. With an easy-to-clean and low maintenance design, you will glad you bought this machine.
One brilliant feature is the 15 bar thermoblock pump. This is the perfect feature and pressure amount for the perfect high-quality barista-style espresso shot.
With a dual-wall filter system, this machine produces some of the best crema in the industry. Include this feature with a froth enhancer and a cup-warming plate, can you go wrong?
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer, cup-warming plate
- Accesories: Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Removable drip tray and grid; Frothing jug included
- Measures 9 x 9 x 12 inches; 1-year limited warranty
5. Capresso EC100 Espresso Machine
Another great sub-$200 espresso maker is the Capresso Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine. This company promises that each shot is quick, easy and tastier than ever.
With the simple and sleek design, it is easy for anyone to make a delicious cup of espresso – and even easier to steam and froth milk. Whether you are seeking espresso, a latte or even a cappuccino, don’t fret, Capresso is here.
Check out this list of more-than-impressive features:-
The machine is built from high-quality materials. With a stainless steel lined ThermoBlock, your espresso shots will be the perfect temperature every single time.
With a 46-ounce removable water container, you will not have to refill this constantly, like many other espresso machines in this budget.
Very easy-to-see indicators lights to signal when the it is time to extract or steam the milk. This is extremely beneficial for the user. For maximum accuracy, it is essential to follow these lights.
Unique to this machine is its dual frother. The dual frother is perfect for creating the best and creamiest steamed and frothed milk. It has been said that some of the best froth in the world come from the Capresso frothing systems.
Extremely easy to clean. With removable stainless dip rays, and water basin, you will find yourself with minimal messes.
- THERMOBLOCK HEATING SYSTEM: Stainless-steel lined heating system with 15 bars of pressure for high-pressure brewed espresso
- TWO FILTERS: For one or two espressos or pre-packaged espresso pods
- HEAVY-DUTY: Stainless steel construction with large, integrated cup warming tray
- SWIVEL FROTHER: Unlimited steam output for perfectly frothing or steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes
- EASY TO FILL: Removable 46-oz water container for easy filling and cleaning
6. Ariete Café Prestige Espresso maker
Another major leader in the industry is the Lello Ariete Café Prestige Coffee Maker. While this machine is naturally more expensive than others listed on this list, it’s feature, build quality and taste quality are with the extra dollars.
The simplicity behind the machine is reminiscent of the Capresso; however, there are still some slight differences. Let’s take a look at the features so you can decide what is best for you.
This is one of the most compact machines in the industry. At 9 ½ “ x 9 ¼ “ x 12 ½ “ inches, this machine will complement every counter top in any kitchen.
This machine is made from some of the best quality materials in the industry: heavy-duty stainless steel. Built inside this beast is a 950-watt system capable of producing barista-worthy shots.
The Ariete has the natural ability to produce constant pressure with it’s 15 bar pump pressure system to produce the same constant cup of high-quality espresso every time.
With the perfect temperature, in respect to the thermoblock technology, you will not complain about a shot that you make.
With a removable 2 ¼ quarter water tank, you can refill this at any time. As many users have pointed out, you might not find yourself doing this much, unless you are drinking several shot a day.
One of the best features that normally only higher budget espresso machines offer is the cup warming area. With this machine, you can heat up a cup before each shot of espresso. This is the perfect priming for the perfect shot of espresso.
- 950-watt espresso/cappuccino machine made of heavy-duty stainless steel
- ThermoBlock 15-bar pump-driven system provides uniform, constant pump pressure
- Removable 2-1/4-quart water reservoir can be refilled from the top at any time
- Cup warming area allows up to 9 cups to be warmed before use
- Measures 9-1/2 by 9-1/4 by 12-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty.Please refer the user manual for troubleshooting steps and instructions
7. KRUPS XP3208 Espresso and Cappuccino maker
The KRUPS XP3208 is one of the most budget friendly espresso makers on this list. At just around one Benjamin, you get a decent espresso maker that has a frothing wand built in for making steamed and frothed milk.
A 15 bar pressure pump controls the extraction of the espresso shot, resulting in an intense shot and some crema on top. You get two inserts for the portafilter: one for a single shot and one for a double shot.
If you’re brewing a double shot, you can brew it into a single cup for more espresso goodness, or brew into two cups side by side if you have company.
You also have the option of fine-tuning settings to be able to extract the ideal shot to your taste. For an added touch of professionalism, there is a cup warmer on top.
At this price point, the KRUPS is a hard machine to beat.
- 15 BAR PUMP ESPRESSO for improved flavor extraction with no bitterness
- MANUAL SELECTION for ultimate control over the final results
- STEAM NOZZLE for sumptuous and creamy cappuccinos
- REMOVABLE 1.5 Liter Water tank for easy filling
- CUP WARMER on top to add a professional touch to your home Espresso experience
8. Cuisinart EM-100
The stainless steel Cuisinart EM-100 is a sturdily built espresso maker that just about makes this list in terms of price. Prices are always fluctuating ever so slightly so you may find that it is a bit more or less than our limit of $200.
Even then, you get a pretty good machine for the money. Like most of the machines in this list, it has a 15 bar pressure pump for a nice clean shot extraction.
The frothing wand can be used to froth and steam milk to your preference, and you also get a stainless steel frothing cup like the ones professional baristas use.
In all honesty, even though the Mr Coffee Cafe Barista mentioned above is easier to use, you can actually hone in your frothing skills by doing it manually.
You can make straight shots, double shots, cappuccinos, lattes, and with the freedom to froth any way you like, any other kind of milky espresso drink. Just place the cup on top of the machine to get it warm and start brewing!
- Espresso maker with 15 bars of pressure for perfect coffee drinks
- Brews 1 to 2 cups from either ground espresso or pods
- 53-ounce removable reservoir; porta-filter holder; cup-warming plate.UC Cubic Feet: 1.04
- Steam nozzle; frothing cup; removable drip tray; tamping tool included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
9. Nespresso Vertuo by Breville with Aeroccino frother
Nespresso machines, as you saw above with the Pixie, are the crema of the crop of pod coffee machines, and the Vertuo by Breville is no different.
The reason we’ve included two Nespresso machines here is because the Pixie uses OriginalLine capsules, while the Vertuo uses VertuoLine capsules. You can learn about the differences here.
You can brew 5 sizes of coffee with this VertuoLine machine using just a single button press: espresso, double espresso, Gran Lungo(5 ounces), Americano(8 ounces), and a whopping 14 ounces with the Alto Coffee size.
VertuoLine machines tend to produce a lot more crema than OriginalLine machines, but some people feel that the taste is less intense. For crema fans, the Vertuo is a good pick. For fans of more traditional espresso, go for the Pixie.
Another bonus of this particular deal is you can pick up the Vertuo along with an Aeroccino milk frother for just around our price range.
If you’re good without milk, you can pick it up for even less. You’ve got to bear in mind though that the cost of the pods will gradually add up.
- SIMPLE, ONE TOUCH ESPRESSO MACHINE: Create exceptional freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso at the touch of a single button. The capsule is automatically ejected after brewing, with only 15-20 seconds of pre-heating time. The cup support is adjustable to three positions to accommodate different cup sizes.
- ONE ESPRESSO MACHINE, FIVE CUP SIZES: One convenient machine for 5 cup sizes, depending on your coffee needs: Alto Coffee (14 oz),Coffee (8oz), Gran Lungo (5 oz), Double Espresso (2.7 oz) and Espresso (1.35oz). Each capsule delivers the finest roast and ground coffee sealed in a single-serve portion for optimal freshness.
- NESPRESSO MACHINE TECHONOLOGY: Vertuo coffee makers use a patented extraction technology developed by Nespresso known as Centrifusion. Just insert a capsule and close the lever- when activated, the capsule spins up to 7,000 rotations per minute, blending ground coffee with water and producing the perfect crema to enjoy your favorite freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso.
- NESPRESSO VERTUO BY BREVILLE: Vertuo uses an intelligent extraction system that recognizes each coffees blend. Thanks to a barcode on the rim of the capsule, the brewing parameters are adjusted by the machine depending on the selected coffees. There is no need to change settings. This delivers the best in-cup result for your chosen variety – all at the touch of a button.
- ULTIMATE COFFEE QUALITY: Nespresso follows highly rigorous standards in selecting coffee. We create hermetically sealed and recyclable aluminum capsules as an optimum way to lock in freshness and provide exceptional taste. As a result, we offer a wide variety of Nespresso coffees to satisfy every taste at any moment of the day.
10. Aicok 15 bar espresso and cappuccino machine
Finally, the Aicok 15 bar espresso machine is the last suggestion on our list. Aicok is a lesser known brand but they do a really good job with this machine.
You can extract single shots, double shots, as well as use the frothing wand to steam and froth milk for a cappuccino or latte.
The operation is quite simple, and a really strong selling point for the Aicok espresso maker is the double boiler, which means there is one heating element for espresso and another heating element for the steam.
This means you can steam and extract simultaneously, allowing you to have a nice and hot beverage at the ready.
Aside from that, the design is really nice with a stainless steel body and the standard removable tank and drip tray for easy cleaning.
- ☕ 2 IN 1 ESPRESSO MACHINE- The espresso coffee maker is entirely in stainless steel, small and easy to place, with advanced Cappuccino System produces cappuccino, mocha and lattes for your daily needs.
- ☕ 15 BAR ITALIAN PUMP SYSTEME- Espresso coffee machine with 15 bar high power Italian pump, can keep the water in 90°C in boiler and make coffee in 84°C, able to produce the best taste espresso in a short time, we have a filter and two cups, you can prepare two cups of espresso at the same time.
- ☕ 1.5L EASY VIEW REMOVABLE WATER TANK- Large capacity 1.5 L water tank BPA free to avoid water addition problems several times, the removable collection tray can keep the table clean, removable parts can be washed in the dishwasher.
- ☕ DOUBLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL- Heating system and patented water heater, the machine can use 2 independent thermostats to control the water temperature and the steam temperature, so that the coffee taste and the milk foam can reach the ideal condition.
- ☕ 2 YEARS WARRANTY- This espresso machine using advanced technology, with UL, ETL FDA certification. Provide lifelong technical consultation and customer service.
What to expect with espresso makers in this price range
The truth is, when it comes to espresso machines under $200, you are buying an entry level machine. When you are starting at this tier, you are essentially at the beginning stages of espresso makers.
The variation of prices in the industry is dedicated by the different levels of pressures, features, customizability, and user-friendliness. In this tier, it will be required of you to buy a high-quality grinder to match your brand new espresso machine. It is always advised to buy one, rather than buy pre-ground beans.
The simply answer is: pre-ground beans lose their aroma, taste and power over time. It is much more favorable to do the work if you want a high-quality barista shot.
You can also pick up some extra things with your espresso machine to improve the brewing experience.
Now that you know the top-rated espresso machines under $200, I am sure the first question you are asking is “Well, which one should I pick?” Everyone asks that. It’s important to take into consideration a couple of factors.
- How much kitchen space do you have?
- Is an automatic frother important to you?
- Do you prefer capsules or pods?
If you can get clear on the specific type of features you desire, you will discover what is the best espresso machine for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many bars should a good espresso machine have?
15 bars is the bare minimum to be able to extract a respectable shot of espresso.
Should you just splurge on a better espresso machine?
Yes and no. If you already know you like espresso and cappuccino, and a lot of people drink coffee in your household, it may be worth just going for a better machine.
You’ll be saving money on coffee you’d otherwise buy from a mermaid!
However, if you’re just getting your feet wet, you may be apprehensive about spending so much and in that case, an inexpensive machine will help introduce you to the world of espresso.
Are there even cheaper machines available?
Since espresso is becoming so popular, a lot of brands have jumped on the espresso gravy train and you can even find espresso machines for less than $100. However these machines won’t perform quite as well and you may find yourself with buyers’ remorse for a bum purchase.
Last update on 2020-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API