When it comes to espresso machines, there is a large variety and options in the way they are built. There are machines with single boilers, double boiler and even machines that evade the boiler system with one dedicated with heat distribution.
Each does perform the essential task of a perfect cup of espresso but there is one that stands out as the greatest. If you are seeking to buy a quality espresso machine that is built to last and impress, look for the feature: double boilers. If you find a machine with double boilers, those are the keywords for “great machine”.
What is a double boiler espresso machine?
Often times, if you are new to the industry, you have no idea what a double boiler espresso machine is. That is okay. Simply put, a double boiler espresso machine is one that has been purposefully built with two boilers; one boiler to brew and one boiler to steam.
The whole idea behind this structure is that as one boiler is focusing on frothing the milk, the other boiler can be focused on brewing the perfect shot of espresso.
What is so special about a double boiler espresso machine?
In light of the operating system, there are numerous benefits that come with purchasing a double boiler espresso machine. Primarily, a double boiler system is perfect for ensuring the perfect temperature every single time.
With a double boiler system, there is a part of the machine that is simply focused on the temperature of the espresso and a part of the machine that is dedicated to the temperature of the steam. This allows for prime accuracy.
On top of this, with a double boiler espresso machine, the user can brew multiple shots back-to-back and not have to prime the machine again.
This is unlike heat exchanging machines or single-boilers. In other words, if you like hosting coffee and espresso parties, a double boiler espresso machine is definitely for you.
What can you expect with a purchase of a double boiler espresso machine?
In light of the advanced technologies inside of a double boiler espresso machine, the prices can vary and reach a higher price-point. While there are a couple of machines below $1000, many of the high quality and high caliber double boiler espresso machines that perform insane magic are well above the $1000.
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
With that being said, what can you expect if you purchase of these machines? Every single double boiler espresso machine has the power to produce some of the best tasting espresso shots in the entire world.
The machine is dedicated to producing a shot that is near the perfect temperature every single time. At the same time, the froth for the top has been properly measured and steamed simultaneously. This a lots for one magical experience.
The Top-Rated Double Boiler Espresso Machines
1. Profitec Pro 700 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
At the forefront of the double-boiler industry resides one of the most impressive built machines in the course of history: the Profitec Pro 700. This machine, with it’s unique and beautiful sleek design, has captivated audiences around the world. Built with some of the most impressionable features and capacities, this is known as one of, if not, the best machines in the entire industry. With that does come a hefty price tag. Let’s take a peek at this machine’s features.
- What separates this machine from many others in its category is the dual PID temperature controller and shot timer. What this is is an integrated feature that monitors and controls the temperature for both boilers. In the end, this provides the machine with the power for supreme accuracy, meaning the perfect shot every single time.
- Another impressive feature of this machine is the ability to plug this machine straight into your home’s water line. Instead of having to constantly fill up this machine with water, feed the machine automatically, just like your sink!
- The machine was built to last for decades. From its exterior build to the spring loaded steam and water valves, the potential to wear the machine down is bare minimum.
- Since this machine is one of the most powerful machines in the industry, you would think it would be noisy. This is quite the contrary. In fact, this machine is built to insure that it is not as noisy as normal barista-style machines.
- Dimensions: 18.7” D x 13.4” W x 16.5” H
- Weight: 68.4lbs
2. La Spaziale Vivaldi II Dual Boiler Black Espresso Machine
Another impressive machine that sits side-by-side with the Profitec is the La Spaziale Vivaldi II Dual Boiler Black Espresso Machine. At first glimpses, this machine is quite different than any other espresso machine in the industry. In fact, it does appear to look more like espresso machines you would find in a restaurant or a coffee-shop. With that being said, this machine does boast the power and quality of coffee-shop espresso machines. Let’s look at the impressive list of features that come with this machine.
- The Vivaldi II is built to match the caliber of the most expensive machines in the entire industry. The one feature that helps this machine stand alone as one of the greatest is its ability of programmable pre-infusion. With this machine, the user can control the amount of time it takes for the prefusion process, giving the user full control over every shot.
- Have you ever dreamed of owning a machine that can be programmed depending upon the day and time? Well this machine has the opportunity to turn on at whatever time makes your happy.
- One feature that has espresso lovers talking is the impressive .9mm four hole steam tip. What this means is that this machine can produce the thickest, creamiest and best tasting froth in the fastest amount of time.
- Another beautiful feature that comes with this machine is the stellar LED display system. It will instruct the user on the different degrees, demonstrating the insane amount of accuracy this machine has.
- Programmable Passive Pre Infusion
- Programmable Off Set Differential
- Dual Manometer
- The Vivaldi II Now comes equipped with the NEW .9 mm four hole steam tip as standard
- New LED display
3. Breville Double Boiler BES900XL Espresso Machine
When it comes to cost-effective dual-boiler espresso machines, there is no other brand like Breville. In fact, if you were to look at the reviews of this machine, it actually sweeps the entire competition. Often sworn by espresso lovers as the best machine, the Breville Double Boiler is clearly a chart-topper. With a beautiful and simplistic design, the features are second to none. Let’s take a look at these features.
- The Breville Double Boiler BES900XL comes built with, as the name implies, stainless steel boilers and dual pumps. With this, the machine can produce espresso and steamed milk or froth simultaneously. It is worth noting that these boilers are often compared with the most expensive boilers in the industry.
- Another beautiful feature is the backlit LCD display on the mainframe from the espresso machine. Here, the user will always know the temperature of each espresso shot and how long each shot is going to take. In this, the user can begin to customize their experience by knowing their own personal settings.
- With a 58-mm commercial grouphead, the machine was built with the intention of pure accuracy. Every espresso shot that is made from this machine will breach the surface of perfection.
- With an automatic start feature, any user can program this machine to brew their delicious shot of espresso at any time during the day, or night. Is that not amazing or what?
- Dual stainless steel boilers and dual Italian pumps for simultaneous espresso extraction and steaming
- Over-Pressure Valve (OPV) limits extraction pressure;Flexible Shot Control
- Electronic PID temperature control for precise water temperature
- Backlit LCD displays brew temperature, shot clock or time.We recommend using cold, filtered water. We do not recommend using water with no or low mineral content
- Includes water hardness test strip, descale alert and LCD assisted descale procedure
4. DeLonghi ESAM6620 Gran Dama Super Automatic Beverage Center with Automatic Cappuccino
When it comes to the espresso industry, DeLonghi has risen to the top as one of the award-winning brands. Each year, this brand produces some of the greatest pieces of machinery to represent the pinnacle of espresso makers. Moreover, if you ever spot a DeLonghi machine, you should know it is worth the purchase. This machine is no different, in fact, this is the pinnacle of the brand itself. Let’s take a look at what it has to offer.
- As you may notice on this and many other espresso reviews, espresso makers often come with many different gadgets and buttons, this machine is different. In fact, this machine is built to brew at the touch of just your finger tip. Forget levers and buttons, begin using a brew-by-touch system!
- Similar to some of the greatest machines in the industry, the DeLonghi Gran Dama comes built with a easy-to-use control panel that is fully customizable. With programmable menus, all it takes is the touch of your finger.
- Another impressive feature that many espresso lovers enjoy is the “direct to brew” feature. At the core, this means that machine will grind up the beans for the user and transport the grinds into the portafilter for grinding. What does this mean for you? You will never have to grind beans again, meaning less messes and less time spent making the espresso. This is the most preferred way by espresso lovers to make espresso.
- Easily prepares latte, cappuccino, and Italian macchiato with the patented "Single Touch" hot milk system. Simply slide the milk tank onto front of the machine. Clean button makes it easy to maintain
- Easy-to-use digital control panel with programmable menu settings: adjust start time, auto off, clock, temperature, coffee strength (5 settings) and cup size (4 settings)
- Grinds beans instantly for the freshest espresso with the patented "Direct-to-Brew" system. Brewing system is compact and removable for easy cleaning
- Accommodates latte cups with the unique sliding drip tray
- No waiting between preparing espresso and cappuccino with the double boiler system
5. Quickmill Dual Boiler QM67 Espresso Machine
Another king in the espresso industry reigns from Quickmill. The QuickMill Dual Boiler QM67 Espresso Machine is nearly shy of perfection. With a beautiful stainless steel exterior, upon sight, this machine captures the eyes and then capture the taste buds with the best tasting espresso in the industry. In that, the impressive list of features that accompany this machine are also followed by a pretty-price tag. Let’s take a look at what makes this machine so special.
- This machine is one of the only machines on this list that is considered a compact machine. As a compact machine, this is one of the most powerful compact machines that has ever been built. With that being said, one would think that this machine is extraordinarily loud. The truth is, due to the Ulka 52-watt vibratory pump, the machine is quiet.
- While many machines in this category are utilizing stainless steel for the dual boilers, this machine actually steps their game into the copper field. With PID controlled boilers and a built-in shot timer, the user is guaranteed the perfect espresso shot every single time.
- This machine comes built with an impressive commercial-grade E-61 grouphead. This is shockingly amazing – all espresso lovers will agree to this.
- The machine does allow the user to customize much of the process. With the ability to play with the flavors of the shots, the brewing temperatures and the length of the shot, the user can truly make their perfect shot of espresso.
- On top of these impressive features, the user will have full control have creating the best and creamiest froth for their espresso.
- High-quality stainless steel construction #304
- Cup warmer
- PID controller for the group boiler
- PID controller also controls the steam boiler temperature
- Dual insulated copper boilers
Last update on 2020-07-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API