If you are in the market for an espresso machine, you probably noticed that there are many different brands. Well, while that may be true, there is really only one brand that is in a tier of its own: DeLonghi.
Since you’re here looking for the best DeLonghi espresso machine, we’ve done the work for you and have narrowed the playing field to six of our favorite picks. Our favorite one is the DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica, which is hands down one of the single best machines made in the last 20 years and has still been going strong.
Best DeLonghi Espresso Machine: 6 Top Picks
1. DeLonghi EC155 Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
At one end of the tier of DeLonghi is the DeLonghi EC155 espresso machine. This machine is quite unique and is a fan-favorite. With its easy-to-use functionality and fast capabilities, this machine is capable of brewing pretty decent espresso shots even for its low price.
A steam wand allows you to steam and froth milk for cappuccinos, lattes, and other speciality coffees.
At its heart is a 15 bar pump that will produce a thick, creamy espresso shot every single time. You can control the functions of the machine using the single dial on the face of the machine.
This is a double boiler espresso machine which has two thermostats for water and steaming milk: this means you can steam milk immediately after pulling your shot, as you don’t have to wait for water to get hot again.
Additionally, you can choose between using special coffee pods(not Keurig or Nespresso) or coffee grounds.
The EC155 is self-priming, which means you can brew espresso very fast and the set up and start up time will be very minimal.
Overall, this is a budget espresso machine, as it just about falls under $100. Realistically, you can’t expect a sub-$100 machine to compete with a super automatic espresso machine even in terms of shot quality, but if you’re on a budget, some espresso is better than no espresso.
- Perfect beginner machine for folks with low budgets
- Brews a decent shot
- Works with grounds and pods
- Build quality is OK
7.5 x 9.5 x 11.12 in
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder. It makes espresso preparation simple and fast
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the swivel jet frother, for perfect drinks every time. Rated voltage/Frequency (V-Hz)-120-60
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation. On/off switch
- Always brew espresso at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure. Note: Refer user manual before use. Maximum cup height: 66 centimeter
2. DeLonghi EC680M Dedica Espresso Machine
The DeLonghi EC680M Dedica is a really nice and minimalist espresso machine. It’s really tiny, so it won’t take up much space in your kitchen. The small, compact design is one of its main selling points, as espresso machines are usually quite bulky.
The stainless steel build makes it quite a solid machine that feels really nice in your hands and seems quite high-quality.
The small size packs quite a punch though. DeLonghi’s ThermoBlock heating system means that the water will heat up very quickly. You can be ready to pull a shot in just a little over half a minute.
Like the EC155, the Dedica has a 15 bar pump for pulling espresso shots. There is also a manual frothing wand for making steamed milk for your specialty drinks.
Another similarity with the EC155 espresso machineis that the Dedica works with both coffee pods and coffee grounds. Coffee pods are a convenient way to not worry about dose and grind size, though the freshness of the coffee may be a bit compromised.
- Built in cup warmer
- Extremely compact design
- Good milk frothing
- Comparatively costly for the feature set
- Brew like a pro: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffee house.
- Your foam, your way: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.Input power (W): 1300
- One espresso shot or two? The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has a holder for one espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference.
- Accommodates taller cups: If you’d prefer a larger size beverage, no problem. The bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups. Removable water reservoir is available
- Sleek space-saving design: With a sleek profile, compact design and narrow footprint, each model fits beautifully on a kitchen countertop – without taking up too much space.
3. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker
Do you want to know a top-secret? The DeLonghi EC702 is actually one of the hottest and trendiest products in the market today. Across all of the other machines and brands, this machine is trending and nearly sold-out across the world.
Similar to many of the other machines on this list, this DeLonghi machine is built with the ever-so powerful 15-bar pressure pump. This is to solidify their stand as one on of the greatest espresso maker machines in the industry.
This machine comes built with an automatic self-priming feature. For the user, this means that the machine can regulate the temperature internally and insure that each shot will be the perfect temperature every single time.
Another unique feature of this DeLonghi machine is that it can carry both pods/capsules and ground coffee given its patented filter holder. This provides you with the opportunity to use different tasting pods/capsules, which is perfect for the office, entertaining and quick espresso shots to go.
The DeLonghi EC702 comes built with the amazing DeLonghi Frother that can guarantee some of the best tasting and creamiest froth in the industry. Whether you drink Cappuccinos, Lattes or Macchiatos, it does not matter! DeLonghi has provided this tool for you.
- This machine comes built with an impressive 44 ounce water tank
- Warms up very quickly
- Removable tank and drip tray is easy to clean
- You have to manually stop the espresso shot at 2 ounces
- Tamper is not the best
- Pump driven and 15 bars
- Automatically self-primes; Water level indicator: Yes
- Use pods or ground coffee with the convenient patented filter holder. On/off switch- Yes
- Craft cappuccinos or lattes with the patented easy to use frother
- 44 oz. and 1.3 litter removable water tank. Never install the appliance in environments where the temperature may reach 0°C (32°F) or lower (the appliance may be damaged if the water freeze)
4. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso Machine
Even though we mentioned that the ESAM3300 was our favorite overall espresso machine, it comes at number 4 due to the slightly higher price tag. We decided to start with the more inexpensive models first!
The DeLonghi ESAM3300 is a super automatic espresso machine, which means the machine does everything for you from grinding the beans to pulling the shot. There is also a steam wand for making cappuccinos and lattes.
Super automatic espresso machines like the ESAM3300 offer complete control over nearly every part of the brew. You can use the dials on the face of the machine to adjust the grind size and shot size. You may find that you need to tweak this every time you use a different kind of coffee bean.
Of course, if you have a preferred bean that you stick to, you won’t have this issue.
The overall build quality is pretty good, and even though the machine is made of plastic and is pretty simplistic, it does not feel cheap in any way.
The grinder, brewing mechanism, water tank, drip tray, and grounds container are all removable for easy cleaning.
Overall, we love this machine because of its unbeatable price tag compared to the features that you are getting.
If you’re lucky, you may even be able to find a refurbished model for even cheaper.
- Best value for money
- Superb espresso and froth quality
- Built-in grinder
- Grinder can be a bit loud
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces. Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches. Input power - 1350 watts
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
- Maintenance: De’Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly. The machine does not deliver coffee, but only water is caused due to ground coffee may be blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel, using a plastic knife. Then clean the infuser and the inside of the machine. If machine is noisy refer manual; Energy saving: With 3 hour automatic shut off
- Utilize De'Longhi's specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine (latte best). Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer
5. DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Espresso Machine
If you are new to the espresso industry, you not know that many of the super automatic espresso machines can be quite large. In that, they make a ton of noise and just are kind-of distasteful.
Well, DeLonghi decided to challenge this notion with the ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Espresso Machine. This is one of the beautiful machines they have ever made and is less than $500. Can it can any better? Let’s check out the features and find out!
As mentioned before, this is one of the most compact machines in the entire industry. In fact, you probably will not find a machine this powerful at this size.
It has all of the impressive features of a regular espresso machine but in a compact and stunning stainless steel build. Do you know what that means? This machine is built to last for decades.
For espresso users, it is important to take into consideration the type of water filtration system the machine comes with. Simply put, this machine has some of the strongest filtration efforts in the entire industry.
The company has said that one can actually use tap one and the system will remove all of the germs from the water, providing the user with the best cup of espresso.
At this tier, the DeLonghi provided their infamous patented cappuccino system frother just for you. If you have never heard of this before, brace yourself. This is known as one of the best frothing systems known to espresso makers. It will perfectly mix together steam and hot milk to product the creamiest froth, cappuccinos, lattes – or whatever your heart desires.
Another major benefit behind this machine is its cost. In comparison to the market, it is extremely rare to find such a name brand produce a product that is nearly worth thousands at this price. It is worth noting and a major plus.
- Easy to use and clean
- Upgraded version of ESAM3300
- You may need to give the machine a little tap to get the beans into the hopper
- This compact machine has a professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf.
- The adjustable manual cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create the thickest, longest-lasting foam for your cappuccino. And it’s easy to adjust the levels to prepare a creamy latte, macchiato or flat white. Height adjustable Coffee spout
- Simply adjust the menu settings for temperature, coffee strength and cup size according to your preferences. The machine takes care of the rest.Input power (W): 1250
- Maintenance: de’longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly.
- Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer.
6. DeLonghi Latissima Nespresso Machine
The last machine on our list is the DeLonghi Latissima Nespresso machine. Nespresso machines are quick and brew pretty good coffee from special espresso pods.
Nespresso makes their own machines as well as licensing out their technology to other companies like DeLonghi, who make the Latissima.
The Latissima is a step above regular Nespresso machines because of the built-in milk frother. You can use the Latissima to pull an espresso, a ristretto, and a lungo shot. There’s also an automatic frothing system to dispense ready-frothed milk into your cup.
The Latissima uses the OriginalLine system, which means it will work with quite a wide variety of Nespresso compatible capsules as well as reusable Nespresso capsules.
While it’s not a traditional espresso machine, there’s no denying the convenience of the quick and high quality brews that these capsule espresso machines are capable of pulling.
- Convenient, quick brewing
- Great automatic frothing
- Lots of variety to choose from
- Cost of pods will add up over time
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOAM: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- NESPRESSO CAPSULE SYSTEM: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Milk Carafe Capacity (l)- 16 oz (.5 l)
- BRINGS OUT MORE FLAVOR: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure – the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF MILK: During the extraction process, the integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste. Simply remove from the unit to keep freshly refrigerated. The unit is also designed so no milk comes in contact with the machine – and is dishwasher safe.
- RAPID HEAT-UP TIME: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds. Used capsule container: 15 capsules
What can you expect with a DeLonghi Espresso Machine?
DeLonghi is one of the most famous espresso maker brands out there who consistently are winning awards and stealing the heart of espresso lovers around the world. With a dedication to delicious coffee, high quality machines, and durability, DeLonghi has put the espresso lovers first.
From the moment the user receives their DeLonghi machine, there is a sense of pride and knowingness their machine is a true beast. Known as the number one used machine in the entire country of Italy, which is nearly the capital for espresso and coffee, it’s time for you to join the movement.
Often times when a user is debating on buying an espresso machine they ask the magical question, “What can I expect with this machine?” Well, with DeLonghi, there so many amazing things to look forward to.
First and foremost, depending upon your price point of a DeLonghi Espresso Maker, the features will vary. Evidently, if you are purchasing a machine closer to the $1000 or more, the machines will come with some impressive features like: built-in grinders, dual boilers, automatic frother, compact designs, intense filtration systems and even their patented cappuccino system.
At the lower end or more cost-effective DeLonghi Espresso Makers, the machines still produce high-quality and some of the best tasting shots of espresso; however, they lack the versatility and features.
Moreover, many of the machines at the $500 or less range are semi-automatic and require the use to still do some of the work. No matter what your budget might be, you will be happy with the DeLonghi maker that you buy.
DeLonghi makes some of the best espresso machines in the industry, and there’s no doubt about that. 120 years of espresso machine experience definitely shows in their products.
In this review, we’ve tried to highlight the best DeLonghi espresso machine by varying budgets. We hope you’ve been able to find a good machine for your budget and needs!
Last update on 2020-08-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API