Coffee makers for every occasion
- 1 What kind of coffee maker are you looking for?
- 2 Best Grind And Brew Coffee Maker: Super Convenient Machines
- 3 10 Types Of Coffee Makers: Know how to brew your joe
- 4 Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker: Small machines for home use
- 5 Bodum Santos Review (AKA Pebo): a superb vacuum coffee maker
- 6 Starbucks coffee machine: The Verismo Coffee Maker
- 7 Flair espresso review: an amazing manual espresso machine
- 8 Best travel coffee maker: 9 picks for coffee on the go
- 9 Best Large Coffee Maker(Urns): 30 cup, 40 cup, 50 cup and 60 cup
- 10 Best Capresso Coffee Maker: Reviews For 2020
- 11 Cuisinart Coffee Center Review(SS-15): A good 2-in-1
- 12 5 Best Dual Coffee Maker: 2 Way Coffee Maker Reviews
- 13 AeroPress Go Review: A great coffee maker got even better
- 14 Best Under Cabinet Coffee Makers (Can wall mount, too)
- 15 Coffee Makers That Brew at 200 degrees(6 Temperature controlled brewers)
- 16 Best Plumbed Coffee Makers (With Water Lines): 2 Models To Consider
- 17 Hamilton Beach Flexbrew Review: 2-Way Coffee Maker(Updated 2020)
- 18 Best Siphon Coffee Makers in 2020(AKA Syphon or Vacuum Coffee Makers)
- 19 Bonavita BV1900 8-Cup Coffee Maker Review
- 20 Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review
- 21 BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer Review
- 22 Best Camping Coffee Maker(Percolator and Propane)
- 23 French Press Vs Drip Coffee Makers: Head to head comparison
- 24 Best K Cup coffee maker(Single Serve) – Updated Feb 2020
- 25 Ninja Coffee Bar Vs. Keurig: A Comparison(9 Different Points)
- 26 10 Most Expensive Coffee Makers in the World
- 27 9 Best French Press Coffee Makers in 2020(My personal favorite coffee)
- 28 Best coffee makers: Our favorite picks
- 28.1 1. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- 28.2 2. Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- 28.3 3. Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker
- 28.4 4. Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
- 28.5 5. BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer
- 28.6 6. Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Drip Coffee maker
- 28.7 7. Moccamaster KBG 741 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
- 28.8 8. Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- 28.9 9. BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
- 29 Drip Coffee Maker Buyers Guide
The classic drip coffee brew is simple but offers great and consistent results. It's no surprise that drip machines are ubiquitous with the term "coffee maker". Let's take a look at which machines qualify as the best coffee maker.
Drip coffee is simple: water is pulled through coffee grounds by gravity, and as it flows down, it absorbs the flavors and oils from coffee. The last step is going through a filter which removes any sediments.
Drip coffee makers are easy to use and very versatily: many brewers have glass or thermal carafes along with non-stick warming plates which make sure that the coffee will be still warm for an extended time after the brewing is complete.
What kind of coffee maker are you looking for?
Best coffee makers: Our favorite picks
1. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker
This is a useful one-hand dispensing with no glass carafe. It claims zero pouring or spills and because it has no part made of fragile, you do not have to worry about easy breaking and frequent part replacement.
More importantly, your result coffee is guaranteed to be free from scorched flavor, therefore you can brew cups after cups without worrying about unwanted flavor.
In term of construction, the machine has a special brewing system and tender keep-warm heaters which make sure that your coffee is warm and full of flavor in spite of hours after brewing is finished.
Speaking about working way, it is easy to run the machine for your desired coffee. Simply pour water and fill a paper or permanent filter with ground coffee. Let’s take a look at the below details to for key features coming with the machine:
Learn how to brew the best coffee of your life
Sign up now to get started with our easy to follow and easy to implement guides. You'll never want to drink instant coffee again!
- The machine is designed with one-hand dispensing, which claims no carafe, no pouring and no spills as well.
- It allows you to use favorite ground coffee
- You can choose to brew several cups and dispense one fresh cup at once.
- It has flexible brewing options, you can choose your preferred flavors among bold, regular, iced-coffee or small-batch options
- The auto shut off features is programmed, it is customizable I the range between 0 and 4 hours.
- It has no parts made of glass, so you never have to worry about breaking another glass carafe
- The dedicate warming heater helps to maintain the temperature of the coffee
- The timer is adjustable
- It is measured: 15.16 x 8.19 x 11.03 (H x W x D)
- Enclosed brewing system with internal heater keeps coffee hot and fresh for up to 4 hours
- Maintains fresh brewed flavor
- Brews up to 12 cups like a traditional drip coffee maker
- Works like a traditional drip coffee maker but holds coffee in an internal tank No carafe needed
- Holds coffee hot and fresh
2. Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
This is a great coffeemaker with the most advanced technology and retro styling, making it attractive regardless of the place where it is put in. It is designed with a brushed metal external in retro-style, which helps to keep the inside part at the best protection. In addition, the machine has a charcoal water filter which works to remove every impurity out of the water, claiming the best coffee possible.
Also, it has a programmable digital clock of 24 hour with advanced-brew setting, a self-cleaning function, a feature of auto shutoff as well as an audible alert which shows you when the brewing cycle is finished. Below is the summary of main features inside the machine:
- The coffee maker is designed with classic brushed metal design. It has a 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle, ensuring comfortable and dripless pouring
- It has brew pause feature, allowing you to enjoy coffee as you want, rather than have to wait until the brewing is finished.
- The adjustable heater plate at three levels, low, medium and high allows you to adjust the coffee in the temperature you want.
- It offers advanced brewing start of up to 24 hours, a programmed auto shutoff between 0 and 4 hours and a 1- to 4-Cup feature which is helpful when you want to make less than 5 cups.
- It comes with both charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter to make sure that only the fresh coffee flavor can flow through
- Measuring scoop and instruction book are also included.
- It is manufactured basing on electrical standards of North America
- Classic brushed metal design with a 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle for comfortable, dripless pouring. BPA free
- Brew pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before brewing has finished. Adjustable heater plate (low, medium, high) ensures that your coffee stays at the temperature you like best
- 24-hour advance brew start, programmable auto shutoff from 0 to 4 hours plus a 1- to 4-Cup feature when making less than 5 cups
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter that ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop. Instruction book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards. Charcoal water filter (removes impurities) and dimension(LxWxH) is 7.75 inches x 9.00 inches x 14.00 inches
The Bonavita Exceptional Brew 8-Cup Coffee Maker is a great machine made with German technology. It includes a glass carafe which allows you to brew coffee to ideal water temperature. Also, it allows contacting time, and saturating coffee grounds. Plus, the including of 1400W thermal block heater allows you to gain appropriate water temperature with ease.
More than that, a separate keep-warm heater helps to keep your coffee hot. Last but not least, the feature of auto-shut of keeps you and your house safe when you have to go out while the brewing is being done. Eventually, the machine will give you perfect cups of coffee whenever you want.
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C)
- Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing
- Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction
4. Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
The Zojirushi EC-YSC100-XB is an advanced coffee brewing system made by appreciated brand. Owning a coffee brewing machine like this, you can use standard coffee grounds like Maxwell or Folgers, or coffee beans from your own field as an ingredient for brewing.
You can grind them yourself (this is recommended because coffee will be in its best flavor if used minutes after being ground. Besides, using Zojirushi EC-YSC100-XB, you can make your ideal coffee without having to depend on the brands having partnership with Keurig, or other pod-styled single-serve machines. Here are details about features you can enjoy with the machine:
- It has a 10-cup carafe which helps to keep coffee warm for hours after brewing is finished
- The water tank is removable for easy filing at your source of water
- The thumb activated pouring ensures smooth serving and warm coffee for hours
- The brewing temperature stays at the level of more than 200 degrees f, allowing you to extract the most flavor
- The automated clean cycle is included, making it much easier to clean and ensuring fresh tasting coffee
- Custom designed 10-cup carafe keeps coffee warm for hours
- Removable water tank for easy filing at your source for fresh water
- Thumb activated pouring makes serving smooth and easy and keeps heat locked in for hours
- Brewing temperature guaranteed over 200 degrees f, extracting maximum flavor and characteristics from your favorite coffee roast
- Automated clean cycle makes cleaning a snap and guarantees fresh tasting coffee
5. BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer
This is a special and perfect brewing system for home use. It is a unique reservoir-style unit, allowing you to brew up to 10 cups ( or 50-oz) of coffee in as short as 3 minutes, plus, it contributes to keeping hot water for other using purposes. Speaking about design, it is designed, following Classic Bunn thermal carafe home brewer.
This means that it is made of commercially-rated materials of stainless steel accents, has an interior water tank of stainless steel and includes a stainless steel vacuum which is insulated carafe. Last but not least, the warranty of three years claims to offers satisfaction. Let’s learn more about the machines with the main features listed below:
- The brewing system allows you to brew from 4 to 10 cups (or 20 to 50 oz.) at once and within the short time of about 3 minutes
- It has a double wall and vacuum insulated thermal carafe, claiming to keep coffee warm within 2 hours after brewing is done
- The special spray head guarantees even and complete extraction of coffee flavor
- The interior hot water tank which is made of stainless still makes sure that water will be always at 200 Degree F- ideal brewing temperature
- The double-wall carafe design makes the product more durable and safe to dishwasher
- Double wall, vacuum insulated thermal carafe keeps coffee warm for upto 2 hours
- Unique spray head ensures even, complete coffee flavor extraction
- Stainless steel internal hot water tank keeps water heated to optimal brewing temperature of 200 Degree F
- Specially engineered thermostat for use above 5 000 feet
- Reservoir-style home brewer makes upto 10 cups of coffee in just 3 minutes
6. Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Drip Coffee maker
Unlike the formerly-introduced coffee maker, this Cuisinart system introduces coffee brewing without the help of carafe. It includes a simple “press to serve” lever which is able to deliver up to 12 cups of hot coffee, one by one, from a dual wall reservoir. Moreover, the special Coffee gauge in the front of the machines lets you know the number of the cups remaining.
Some other noticeable things coming with the machine are 24-hour programmability, qualified brushed metal housing and clean, auto shutoff, and contemporary styling. These features combine to make this machine one of the easiest-to-use and one of the most elegant- coffeemakers on the market as well. Here are some of outstanding contribute to the excellence of the product:
- This machines is able to dispense one cup thanks to an easy-to-read actuator
- It is fully programmed with 24-hour advance brew start
- It introduces features of programmable auto-shutoff as well as self-clean
- The coffee reservoir is removable and in dual wall and the water reservoir is removable
- It offers charcoal water filter and enduring gold-tone coffee filter which makes sure that only the freshest coffee flavor can flow through
- The measuring scoop and instruction book are also included
- It is measured: 4-1/2 x 9 x 8-1/2 inches
- It has a warranty of 3 years
- Dispenses one cup at a time with an easy-to-read actuator
- Fully programmable with 24-hour advance brew start, programmable auto-shutoff and self-clean feature
- Removable double-wall coffee reservoir and removable water reservoir
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold-tone coffee filter ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop, instruction Book
- Measures 14-1/2 by 9 by 8-1/2 inches; 3-Year warranty
7. Moccamaster KBG 741 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
Besides the role of a great coffee maker, Technivorm Moccamaster can also play function of a grinder. It is made in and recognized by SCAA (the specialty coffee associations of America and Europe) and ECBS (the European coffee brewing center’s) for meeting the strict standard about “golden cup” quality.
It introduces a warranty of up to 5 years, along with helpful customer service and powerful repair technicians team. It is made with the best-quality parts available today. And below is a quick look at the main features you are about to enjoy with this great system:
- This is an auto drip-stop brew-basket with glass carafe
- It has parts like: an exclusive auto-adjusting part, a dual-phase part, and hot-plate parts, which all work together to keep the brewing temperature at the ideal levels between 176 degree-185 degree and automatically shut off after 100 minutes
- It allows you to brew a full carafe within as short time as 6 minutes
- It works at consistent temperature of 196 degree and 205 degree f, along with a pulse action which guarantees perfect coffee during extraction process
- It introduces 5-year warranty
- he hot plate has two settings, giving you the choice to hold your coffee at 175 or 185 F, while never burning your coffee.
- After 100 minutes, the hot plate will automatically turn off.
- All Moccamaster Coffee Brewers are handmade in the Netherlands.
- Backed by an industry leading 5-year warranty.
8. Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
This is a classically-designed coffeemaker which is basically made of stainless steel, making sure a good look to suit and beautify your countertop. It is a 12-cup carafe. It features a dripless spout, an ergonomic handle and knuckle guard, ensuring an easy and drip-free pouring.
It is programmable with 24 hours for each brewing and offers settings between 1 and 4 cups, so you can choose one of the numbers when you don’t want a full cup of coffee.
Plus, the feature of Brew Pause allows you to have a cup in the middle time, rather than have to wait until the brewing is completed. Also, the gold tone and charcoal water filter ensure fresh work together to for nice tasting coffee. There are some more features that you can learn with the information below:
- This is a completely- automatic coffee brewer with the programmability of 24 hours
- It is a 12-cup carafe, along with handy and convenient handle, dripless spout, and knuckle guard as well
- It offers 1- 4 cup setting
- Brew pause, self cleaning and 60-second reset features are also included
- It also introduces two filters, one for charcoal water and the other for coffee filter
- It has measuring scoop and manual book
- It is built, meeting electrical standards of North American
- Fully automatic coffeemaker with 24-hour Programmability
- 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle, dripless spout, and knuckle guard
- 1- to 4-cup setting; brew Pause; self cleaning; 60-second reset
- Includes charcoal water filter, Permanent gold-tone Coffee filter, measuring scoop and instruction book.
- MC Cubic Feet: 2.24
9. BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
This system shares many common things with the Bunn BXW. The key difference is that while the BXW is supposed to work for US residents only, the GRB can be exported to serve users of some selected abroad countries. What about the similar features?
Both of them are manufactured in a company that is identical with coffee makers and famous for both offering high quality merchandise and giving helpful customer service. For more knowledge about the main features of the machine, take a look at the below points:
- The machine is able to offer between 4 and 10 cups ( or 20 to 50 oz.) at once within 3 minutes
- This is a new Pour-O-Matic Drip
- It has a special sprayhead, which claims even and maximum coffee flavor extraction
- The internal hot water tank is made of stainless steel, which helps to maintain water at perfect brewing temperature of 200 Degree F
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- Fastest 10-Cup Home Coffeemaker brews a full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes
- An always hot internal hot water is ready to brew hot coffee on deman. Item dimensions is 14.8 high x 7.1 wide x 13.8 deep inch. Note-replace sprayhead and brew funnel. Pour additional carafes of fresh, cold water into the brewer as needed until water has no vinegar smell or tasted
- Exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe preventing a mess on cup or counter
- Multi-stream spray head showers hot water evenly over the coffee grounds
- Large flat bottom filter and funnel allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction
Drip Coffee Maker Buyers Guide
As I said when it comes to other coffee makers (Single cup coffee maker, Espresso coffee maker), no matter what drip models you want, there are some basic things that you need to consider before making the final investment so that you will have your satisfactory coffee making item.
As I said earlier, drip coffee machines are various in models and design, so consider to choose the one which meets your demands most. For instance, if you intend to brew one cup of coffee everyday, choose the small one-cup item, do not think of the one which offers up to 12 cups at once.
Besides, you can make choices of the availability or not of some other features, such as brewing pause which allows the machine to sneak a cup during the brewing, or a water filter which claims better-tasting coffee as well as minimize scale buildup.
In term of water filter, you can consider between permanent filters and paper filters. So take the design into consideration to make sure that you gain the item of the best design.
After being sure about your desired design, you had better consider the matter of convenience and safety. It is optional that many best rated coffee machines come with function of automatic shut-off which will be able to automatically shut off after brewing, so your house will be in good protection, regardless of the fact that you are in hurry to do other work.
In term of convenience, the producer also offers some features. You can choose to receive alerts when the brewing is finished, know how much water is available, set the brewing time, so on.
In general, the choice of carafe depends on your own preferred taste. Some people prefer glass carafes which allow keeping the coffee warm with the heater plate, some others love an insulated thermal carafe which allows keeping the coffee warm itself.
Warranty And Support
In fact, the every product comes with support, via email or telephone, which claims to be helpful and effective. However, the warranty period is different among the machines, general between one and three years.
So if warranty is another matter to consider before making real selection.
Former users review on the product is one of the most reliable source of information to be clear about the product you are about to buy. So read through different reviews from former users to check what the product is good and not very good, what aspects the product meets your demands and what aspect it doesn’t, so that you will be able to finish the journey with the best drip coffee machine ever.
Last update on 2020-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API