Details and price
If you are intending to buy a (the best) coffee grinder for your French Press, then you should really take a look at this honest buying guide.
Coffee Grinder for French Press overview
The best Coffee Grinder for French Press is simply the one that can grind a coarse consistently enough.
To gain this, you should make coffee particles in certain and proper size because the wide ranges of chunks can weaken the brew. Similarly, too much fineness can make your coffee into sludge.
In other words, the best grind for your French Press should be somewhat finer than steel cut oats. However, there are a lot of coffee grinders – automatic or manual – in the markets now which satisfies that standard while varying in models, working mechanisms and price as well.
There’s also a question of whether you can use spice grinders instead of coffee grinders.
So how to get the best one for yourself is a big concern. And the following parts of my article will help you solve it. Let’s discover!
Features to consider when it comes to buying a Coffee Grinder for French Press
There are some factors you should take into accounts for the best best grinder for your French press. And here are some of them:
This is the primary feature to consider before investing in a grinder French Press. So first, check the item to know whether it is consistent enough. If not, do not hope for a perfect cup of coffee with your French Press.
Besides the consistence requirement consistence, a good Coffee Grinder for French Press should also meet the cleanliness requirement. Specifically, the grinder needs to be able to expel the grinds rather than just retain them.
If the grinders of the former batch are left, the coffee flavor of the next one will be affected. So for really fine coffee, ensure that your grinder is able to not only expels most of the grinds itself, but also easy to clean after each use.
Static electricity is another common issue to consider when it comes to electric coffee grinders. So the model you choose should be able to produce as little static as possible. Is there any other options?
Of course, you can think of a hand Coffee Grinder for French Press. It can work as well as an electric unit in many cases in many cases. And it, of course, makes far less static than its electric fellows.
Finally, make sure that the grinds made by your grinders are in proper size to your French Press. On the scale from one to ten for the finest grinds and the coarsest grinds, French Press is normally at a seven.
However, this number is not the same among the machines. So it will take you time to try and make error before finding the right settings for your own machine.
- Built-in adjustable grind selector with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision control over the coarseness of your coffee beans.
- Convenient removeable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric grinders produce. No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact coffee grinder.
- Our patented ceramic combo burrs are design tested through three professional grade inspections to last 5x's longer than stainless steel blades.
- Coffee is in our DNA. JavaPresse products are designed to liberate and empower you to transform your favorite coffee ritual into an extraordinary daily experience.
- Every Javapresse coffee grinder comes with an unique code to redeem a free bag of coffee ($21.99 value).
- Dial in your preferred grind size - built-in adjustable grind Selector with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision control over the coarseness of your pour over, drip, cold brew, French press, percolator, Espresso, perfect grind every time!
- Always ready to go wherever/whenever - no batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact Coffee grinder, allowing you to travel with and brew freshly roasted ground Coffee beans on your next camping, hiking, backpacking, outdoors trip or any Coffee Adventure you choose.
- Quality above all else - crafted with the same essence as traditional German cookware, our ceramic combo burr grinder is designed and tested through three professional grade inspections to last 5x's longer than stainless steel blades.
- Order NOW risk-free!- 100% money-back Guarantee, No questions asked! Order today while supplies last.
Top 10 Best Coffee GrinderS for French Press
1. KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades
This is a powerful grinder, which allows you to grind the whole coffee beans will ease and efficiency. Having this machine, you do not have to worry about pre-ground coffee any more.
It allows you to brew fresh ground beans, claiming rich aroma and nice-bodied flavor, resulting in better-tasting coffee.
All of what you need to do to have this machine work is to pour the whole beans in the container of the machine, close the lid, and push the side lid button to start.
Then let the machine run a few seconds or more, up to your wanted consistency, from coarse to fine. In term of capacity, this oval-shaped is able to contain as much as 3 ounces of content. And the built-in stainless-steel blades will work for even result, regardless of the amount of content you put in.
Especially, these blades do not spin while the lid is not in its safe place. Amazingly, apart from grinding coffee beans, this grinder can chop or grind nuts, herbs, seeds, and spices, making it a perfect partner to many things, from summer salads to yummy baked products.
It is good-looking with compact and sleek design, making it a fitting and useful addition to any kitchen. And below is a short summary of what you will get with the machine:
- It is a coffee and spice grinder, running at the power of 200-watt
- It comes with a large grinding capacity, which is able to contain up to 12 cups of coffee one brewing time
- It is able to grinds up to 3 ounces of coffee beans within seconds
- It has an oval design and stainless-steel blades, claiming uniform grinding
- It is able to deal with a wide ranges of ingredients, like coffee beans, nuts, spices, grains and more
- It comes with a switch for safe lid activation and easy use
Best manual grinder for french press
2. Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
This is a great grinder which is not only good in quality but also attractive in appearance. Equipped with a heavy-duty motor, the grinder introduces 18 different grind settings, from fine to further-coarse, which are programmed with a clear dial.
To have the machine worked, first simply adjust the hopper to your desired preference, and then the machine will work itself, producing uniform grind with burr plates and releasing flavor. Then, set your desired amount, between 8 and 14 cups, using slide control. The machine shuts off automatically once the pre-set level is reached.
After that, this ready ground will be transferred to the coffee pot or espresso group, this process is done quickly and tidily. More than that, the grinder looks mart and elegant, making it a great addition to your kitchen. Let’s discover it more with the bullets of main features below.
- It is a stylishly styled, heavy-duty, programmed coffee grinder
- It works with the burr grinding mechanism, resulting in uniform grounds and ideal flavor
- It offers 18 different position grind, from fine to coarse
- The slide dial offers options between 4 and 18 cups
- It is made to meet the North American Electrical Standard
- It is measured 6.00″” x 7.13″” x 10.75″”
3. DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector
This powerful De’Longhi Burr Coffee Grinder is a secret of delicious coffee to enjoy every morning. The burr grinding wheel helps to make identical textures for the brewing’s consistency and ensure the purest flavor and aroma.
To run the machine, just choose your wished setting and press on/off button. Once the grinding is done, simply catch the ground coffee from the container and then pour it into the coffee filter. If you want a certain amount of the ground coffee, select that on the quantity control.
In addition to this, it is easy to clean thanks to the convenient integrated brush coming with the full package. Last but definitely least, the machine is safe to use as it is able to shut off automatically once the lid or ground coffee container is not in place. Yeah, the main features can be wrapped with the points below
- The grinder allows you to make identical ground texture for the most constant products thanks to the burr grinding wheel
- You are free to choose your favourite grind setting: course, medium, or fine
- You can choose to grind between 4 and 12 cup of coffee every brewing, using quantity control knob. Once the grinding is done, the machine itself shuts off
- It makes condition for easy access to ground coffee thanks to the removable ground coffee container
- It looks stylish and has a durable stainless steel exterior
Note: You may want to get a scale to really dial in your brew.
4. Porlex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
Porlex is a Japanese firm which majors in making food grinders. And Porlex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder is one of their proud products. It is well -designed and high-quality. Like other machines, it has a handle, but it is removable, so you can keep it alongside of your brewer.
Furthermore, the inner spring promises consistence even when you are grinding for coarse brewing. Also, the stainless steel body makes the machine durable and static free. Last but not least, the ceramic, conical burrs are easy to clean, durable and rust-free. And below is a quick summary on the features of the machine.
- It is a ceramic conical burrs with extensive range, allowing from powder grind to French Press
- It is able to contain 30 gram of content
- It has a stainless steel and static free body
- It is 47mm diameter and 178mm tall
5. Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder has been impressing users with elegant design, timeless performance and nice-tasting coffee in the end, of course. It is said among users that Infinity Conical Burr Grinder series is the leader when it comes to aroma and flavor retention.
It is especially designed with a grinding head, controlled by computer, allowing cutting the angles and shaping the steel burrs into new forms of as little as 0.1 mm precision. Burrs are made in matched pairs and hand assembled in Switzerland for exact fit. Plus, the multiple gear motor claims even slowest grinding action, ending in the highest precision grinding, from Turkish fine to percolator coarse.
Last but not least, the conical burr grinder makes almost no noise when running. Let’s take a further look at the following information to be clearer about the features and benefits of the great grinder.
- Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder is able to work with a wide range of coffee bean and meet users’ various demands, from Turkish fine to coarse and is an ideal choice to every kind of coffee preparation.
- It has a clearly marks on fineness settings. There are 4 different levels for you to choose from, including extra fine, fine, regular and coarse
- It has advanced-designed commercial grade solid conical steel burrs which claim high precision grinding
- The gear reduction motor promise little noise and minimum static build-up
- The upper conical burr is removable, making it easier to clean
- It is well-matched to the ground coffee container and able to contain as many as 4 oz. of ground coffee
- Timer is possible, between 5 and 60 seconds
- Cleaning brush and measuring scoop are also included
6. Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin
Baratza Encore Conical Burr claims to grind the coffee at the maximum freshness and leave the minimum ground after grinding. It is an ideal choice for manual brewing and espresso as well.
It has a great, high torque DC motor which drives the burrs effortlessly. This motor runs slowly which results in cool and noiseless operation and promises long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry has an automatic resetting feature and thermal cutoff switch. Moreover, the built-in advanced burr calibration system makes sure that the grinder offers the full range of grind.
If you want, you can calibrate it. With the special speed control, the Encore introduces a system of gear and electronic speed decrease to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. This speed controller is programmable between 405 and 495 RPM, convenient when you want to modify of the speed. Such even speed helps to reduce heat, noise, and static generation while the machine is running. This slow speed also claims the smooth bean feeding. In general, the main features of this machine can be summarized with some points as follow
- With 40 different grind settings, ranging from fine to coarse, this grinder is well-matched with every palate
- The powerful DC motor claims to keep your beans always cool, even during extended grind times. At the same time, the electric and gear speed reducers work together to slow down the burr to 450 RPM, resulting in a smooth bean feed and minimizing noise, heat and static buildup
- The convenient, front-mounted pulse button allows you to adjust the machine to get your desired result. Whether you want an espresso grinder or a grinder to explore that wide-ranging brew methods, the Encore is worth considering
- Some important data: Weight: 7 lbs. (3.1kg); measurements: 12x35x16 cm (WxHxD); grinding speed: 0.8 to 1.1g/sec.; Bean Hopper Volume: 8 oz (227g); Grounds Bin Volume: 5 oz. (142 g)
7. Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro
This grinder is remarkable in the field as it is able to give you complete control over dose and during grind time as well. It allows you to make exact amount fresh ground coffee bean for perfect coffee.
There are up to 60 different find settings, ranging from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press, for you to choose from for maximum flavors for your favorite brew. If you want, you can extend this range by adjusting the Upper Burr for either finer or coarser with no supporting tools.
You can maintain a certain setting to have the machine repeated your favorite working mechanism automatically. And below are some of the outstanding features you are going to enjoy with the machine.
- Breville BCG820BSSXL has a special stainless Steel conical burrs to reduce grinding heat and maintain the vital oils in the coffee bean
- It offers up to 60 exact grind settings, from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind, for you to choose from
- The addition of the Precision Electronic Timer makes it possible for you to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose
- It is able to contain 16oz of coffee bean. The locking system is also equipped for easy removal, storage, and transmission of the bean hopper
- It allows direct grind into grinds container, port filter, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
8. Baratza Virtuoso – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (with Bin)
Virtuoso’s professional-grade 40mm conical burrs promise to give magic performance for a stable and fine grind. And to deal with French Press, the Virtuoso adds particle size uniformity for instant consistency among the cups.
The secret for such consistent and smooth grind lies on a powerful DC motor, which works to keep your beans always cool, even while grinding and the electric and gear speed reducers which combine to slow the burr to 450 RPM, resulting in a smooth bean feed and minimizing noise, heat and static buildup. Ok, let’s go into details on the parts contributing to the great Baratza Virtuoso – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder:
- Burrs: Produced in Europe, the Virtuoso’s 40 mm conical burrs can grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec., according to your own setting. More importantly, these burrs can make very uniform grinds
- Gearbox: This part was added in 2012. With the capacity of GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly supported the drive transmission while reducing noise
- Grind Adjustment: The grinder offers 40 different settings for you to adjust between fine for espresso and coarse for French Press. The grind range is between 250 and 1200 microns
- Grinds Left in Grinder: This feature helps to maximize the freshness of the beans
- Timer Switch: The grinder allows you to set a time of 60 seconds, using segmented graphics
9. Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
As its name reveals, this grinder is proud of being a great addition to the Rancilio Silvia espresso machine. It has a 50mm plate grinding burrs which are often found in entry-level commercial grinders, claiming to give you uniform grind.
Plus, with the capability of grinding 7.7lbs a hour, the grinder will be always quick enough to serve you, regardless of your high demands. Plus, it includes a metal removable fork to keep your portal filter in right place and allow direct grind into the porta filter.
The built-in motor is a powerful direct drive motor with 166-watt, allowing up to 1725 RPM’s spinning. So what features more? Let’s take a look at the bullets below:
- Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky is a powerful grinder with 50mm commercial grade grinding burrs
- It allows direct grind into the portal filter for simple process
- The powerful 166-watt direct drive claims a quiet operation
- The tinted hopper offers a capcity of 0.65lb, making sure that there will be always enough ingredients to serve your demand
- The grinder adjustment control is variable to meet your various demands
Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API